PDA

View Full Version : Paint And Rust

Roki_nz
14th July 2008, 10:21
Firstly The rust

I had just got my new Ninja on wed last week. Looked at it this morning and I noticed rust on the nuts at the end of the exhaust pipe and a bit on one of the nuts on the handle bars.

Is this normal and how can I get rid of it and stop it from happening?

Secondly The Paint

Someone kindly wanted to let me know they don’t like my new bike by making a nice scratch with their key. How hard is it to fix this and is it even worth it because I have the feeling if I get rid of the scratch some prick will come along and go “Wow a new bike. It hasn’t got a mark on it so I think I need to key it because, well I just feel I have to you know etc”

lemining
14th July 2008, 12:33
Firstly The rust

I had just got my new Ninja on wed last week. Looked at it this morning and I noticed rust on the nuts at the end of the exhaust pipe and a bit on one of the nuts on the handle bars.

Is this normal and how can I get rid of it and stop it from happening?

Secondly The Paint

Someone kindly wanted to let me know they don’t like my new bike by making a nice scratch with their key. How hard is it to fix this and is it even worth it because I have the feeling if I get rid of the scratch some prick will come along and go “Wow a new bike. It hasn’t got a mark on it so I think I need to key it because, well I just feel I have to you know etc”

Note to myself: Don't park my bike in welly. :msn-wink:

I have same problem with bolts. When i have nothing to do one the weekend i just take rusty bolts out and i brush the rust away and i got some primer with zinc (i believe) it makes raw metal look purple, and then i spray black/silver paint over it. What i found annoying is that soon as u done that and u want to put the screw back in, the screwdriver damages the paint and it rusts again :doh:. This time i put some lithium grease on the bolt when i was putting it back in and it doesnt rust yet... :eek:

Try turtle wax on scratches, it worked on my car. It might work on ur motorcycle.

Roki_nz
14th July 2008, 13:43
Thanks mates , will give that i try.