PDA

View Full Version : What a Day! (pics of my day on XR500)

Kwaka-Kid
9th January 2005, 21:42
well guys! The day is over, im dead as but man i had some fun, after taking the XR500Z out to some local track:innocent: i have returned with
photos
missing 1x chain link (fixed by replacing with lockwire)
missing front axle nut (just kept riding, didnt look to be going anywhere)
brand new virgin Supertrapp falling off the back of her! :( (gunna need a stronger bracket)
missing 1x seat bolt
and who knows how many other bolts she shook off!

anyways heres some pics.
left to right:
1)making a chain link joiner cover thing out of lockwire as mine went AWOL.
2)me splashing some water roost at the photographer (Shadey!)
3)trying to wheelie the beast (man i just cant do it properly, i pussy out every time too low, ah well, practise... also the clutch starts slipping and i am not even using it :confused: )
4)trying to hang the rear out as far as i was willing(long way to go yet)
5)Shadeys first smaller wheelie
6)last one unfortunatly we missed the wheelie bit which was awesome and high as but he got all crooked and came down just about falling into us!

James Deuce
9th January 2005, 21:44
Hah! Looks like fun - I remember that stuff. Arrrr, is Coro on yet..Nurse, Nurse!

:headbang:

Motoracer
9th January 2005, 22:01
Hahaha, cool pics dude! Good luck with racing that smokin beast.

Holy Roller
9th January 2005, 22:18
A great fun machine
I don't remember mine making so much smoke :shake:

Milky
9th January 2005, 22:44
A great fun machine
I don't remember mine making so much smoke :shake:

Of course yours wouldnt have... this is KKs beast we are talking about - the one which uses Selleys No More Gaps™ for exhaust gaskets ;)

Holy Roller
9th January 2005, 23:21
Of course yours wouldnt have... this is KKs beast we are talking about - the one which uses Selleys No More Gaps™ for exhaust gaskets ;)
When I got mine it had twin pipes one down each side finished off with a coby on each. Soon ditched that setup and brought a genuine article funny that I got more grunt from it with the proper system.

Kwaka-Kid
10th January 2005, 06:01
real holy? yeah kinda wouldnt suprise me... mine seems good
and yeah she needs new rings which is fine - i just wanted to get her running reliably before i went and did piston/rings/little end. All is well :)

Shade
10th January 2005, 10:09
Hahahah

Man im so tempted to put up the

A) Picture of you coming up the hill, with the constapated look on your face, hahaha.

B) We got a pic of the exhaust in mid flight as it fell off.

Wicked fun day logan bro, cheers for it aye!

Coyote
10th January 2005, 10:28
Nice XR. What year is it?

Wellyman
10th January 2005, 14:18
All that some dosen't look natural eh! Oh well it's a dirtbike good stuff mate.

Firefight
10th January 2005, 17:34
Way to go Logan, good to see it up and running.Can't wait to have a ride

F/F :innocent:

Kwaka-Kid
10th January 2005, 17:45
Just purchased! Brand spanking new XR500 header system (stock im told, dang) so no more old welded up pipe etc, this one with the new supertrapp should see me a sealed system finally! :)

And yeah FF mate! im just hoping i can replace all the bolts that are missing in time for this weekend aswell as get an alloy welder to weld a bracket onto my supertrapp so it doesnt fall off again. Other then that we are good.

avgas
10th January 2005, 17:48
hehe looks like fun too

Gixxer
10th January 2005, 17:54
Good to c u r still up to your same old tricks (and some new ones by the look of it). nice one dude.
I like the use of the lockwire.
keep up the good work young Jedi