PDA

View Full Version : Bucket for sale

fi5hy
14th July 2008, 17:33
I have a CB125 for sale all set to go just needs gas to race $800.00 ono for more info contact me. Its Skidds old one hasn't seen the track for about three years but its a good little bike. If any one is keen I can bring it to the next Wellington meet.

Fishie

quallman1234
14th July 2008, 17:39
How'd you find yesterday's trial ride mate?

Could be a good bike for ivan! He's looking for one.

sinfull
14th July 2008, 17:58
I could well be keen !! Just have a bit of an issue getting anywhere at the moment !
But i'm sure the mrs would bring me in to the next meet ! (when is it lol)

Ivan
14th July 2008, 18:09
I could be keen as Quallman said if I have the moeny and its around I would buy it but first in first served.

Skunk
14th July 2008, 19:48
27th of July.

sinfull
14th July 2008, 19:54
27th of July.

Cheers man ! Will prolly see ya there then all going well !

Skunk
14th July 2008, 20:22
Fishie - do NOT sell it to Ivan. We need more people racing them.

fi5hy
14th July 2008, 20:56
Fishie - do NOT sell it to Ivan. We need more people racing them.

SHOW ME THE MONEY 1st in 1st serve

anyone who buys must race the thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
or we all kill you

sinfull
14th July 2008, 21:11
SHOW ME THE MONEY 1st in 1st serve

anyone who buys must race the thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
or we all kill you
Have to catch me first !

piston broke
14th July 2008, 21:24
what is a bucket?
i'd like to get hold of an old cb 400 four to race.74 or there abouts

xr-rider
14th July 2008, 22:36
I could well be keen !! Just have a bit of an issue getting anywhere at the moment !

I live in Te Horo and im going in so if you want to come in let me know

sinfull
14th July 2008, 22:41
I live in Te Horo and im going in so if you want to come in let me know What are the odds your taking a van or trailer in with a lil bit of room on/in it ?
Prolly be keen either way
Cheers

xr-rider
14th July 2008, 22:45
What are the odds your taking a van or trailer in with a lil bit of room on/in it ?
Prolly be keen either way
Cheers

Im taking a trailer with one bike on it. plenty of room

xr-rider
14th July 2008, 22:46
what is a bucket?
i'd like to get hold of an old cb 400 four to race.74 or there abouts

a bucket is a bucket of shite up to 150cc. the cb 400 is a bit big for it

sinfull
14th July 2008, 22:51
Im taking a trailer with one bike on it. plenty of room
Beauty mate ! Will see how i get on with Fi5hys bike and stay in touch with that one ! Choice
(goes to his bank accounts to see how they're looking lol)

F5 Dave
17th July 2008, 15:15
Pity Skiddy is too pussy whipped to race it these days, it was a good bike, & he could pedal it along well when he put his mind to it, to be fair it prolly should be freshened up with a new piston (which would give you the chance to take it out closer to 150). This was Murray's old bike & was always pretty competitive. Someone should buy this.

Ivan
17th July 2008, 16:43
Im planning on it just saving up some notes

quallman1234
17th July 2008, 22:23
Pity Skiddy is too pussy whipped to race it these days, it was a good bike, & he could pedal it along well when he put his mind to it, to be fair it prolly should be freshened up with a new piston (which would give you the chance to take it out closer to 150). This was Murray's old bike & was always pretty competitive. Someone should buy this.

Looking into it, its a short stroke engine. 56 x 49.5 is stock. Bore it out 4mm and you have 140.
Would it be reliable and stuff at this thickness and could you go even larger?
What is the general limit on boreing stuff out? before the crank shouldn't be doing what its doing?

Me thinks there she be a condition that Ivan doesn't fiddle with it if he buys it.

Skunk
17th July 2008, 22:48
Me thinks there she be a condition that Ivan doesn't fiddle with it if he buys it.
And races it on the Slipway every meeting...

F5 Dave
18th July 2008, 10:36
Never really looked at them before, work of the devil & all that. Should be heaps of info & a liner should be easy to make or find. Try Ebay, google Poweroll (80s 4 stroke company).

speedpro
18th July 2008, 21:29
I've taken a CB360 out so big with new liners that the original liners would fall right through the new bores. You can take an alloy barrell out till you "just" start busting out between the fins, subtract say 5mm for sleeve thickness and that is the size piston you are left with. The trick is to find a BIG piston with the same dia pin though there is ways round that. I've taken Kawasaki 900s, stock 66mm out to 1166cc or 75mm with sleeves. They busted out between the fins and would leave blue/straw bands up the sleeve from heat. There's a real art to making a good sleeve that won't crack round the top or put undue stress on the barrell. If you are going to use a piston from another bike see if you can get the sleeves from the same bike and then machine yours to take them. You end up with good sleeve material and the design is good. Head gaskets become a headache as well. Copper is good with steel o-rings but then there is issues with sealing oil galleries though if you can fit a rubber o-ring it'll be fine.

Mrs Headroom
19th July 2008, 22:47
Is the bike still available? I am very keen. my post count is too low to send you a private message, please send me a private message
Cheers

fi5hy
20th July 2008, 15:56
Pic's now up good luck

fi5hy
26th July 2008, 08:57
The bike is still here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timg
29th July 2008, 22:51
The bike is still here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo Fi5hy, PM sent several days ago. U wanna get back to me?? :soon: Cheers.

fi5hy
6th August 2008, 20:00
Sorry mate I want to keep the bike in wellington if I can, more bikes to race you see

nudemetalz
6th August 2008, 22:04
A workfriend of mine came out to watch the buckets on Sunday and is keen to give it a go.
I'll pass this onto him. He could be very keen on the 125.

fi5hy
7th August 2008, 19:38
It's a great little bike and well put together the guy that owns it builds ac corba's for a living:Punk:

gav
7th August 2008, 21:46
Send it down, we'll look after it for ya! :innocent:

koba
7th August 2008, 21:57
It's a great little bike and well put together the guy that owns it builds ac corba's for a living:Punk:

Upper Hutt is a small place aye...

timg
7th August 2008, 22:09
Send it down, we'll look after it for ya! :innocent:
Hahaha. It's obviously the Wellywood secret weapon. :bleh: :devil2: They don't want it used against them at BOB 2009 - as if anything would be a threat with me on it :lol:

gav
7th August 2008, 22:19
Nah, we'll just keep it as a spare, and lease it back to them as their current fleet expires one by one, I reckon about half a dozen bikes would cover it! :shifty:

koba
8th August 2008, 15:29
Nah, we'll just keep it as a spare, and lease it back to them as their current fleet expires one by one, I reckon about half a dozen bikes would cover it! :shifty:

For the BOB only?
May cover it if only six of us come down next time.