PDA

View Full Version : Virago 750 Info Needed

Chopper74
9th January 2005, 23:34
HI there,Im lookin 4 a manual 4 my 82 Yamaha XV750. There may be one on here but I havnt gotn round 2 reading everything yet. I especially need wiring diagrams and a fix 4 my bikes notorious starter problem. :2thumbsup

Holy Roller
10th January 2005, 04:29
Try Steve Green in Levin
Ph 06 368 8945 or 021 031 6183
stevegreen@xtra.co.nz
he advertises them for $65 in the motorcycle marketplace mag

guzzi_nz
10th January 2005, 10:21
HI there,Im lookin 4 a manual 4 my 82 Yamaha XV750. There may be one on here but I havnt gotn round 2 reading everything yet. I especially need wiring diagrams and a fix 4 my bikes notorious starter problem. :2thumbsup

Is it wiriing or is it missing gears as it try to start which is the stradard promblem for xv750 which can be fix to about 75 % which i had to do to mate bike week ago
also just about brought that bike in invercargill just after it went to auctions
:2thumbsup

guzzi_nz
10th January 2005, 12:07

found a manual for that bike givens your e-mail i will scan what pagers u need :2thumbsup

Chopper74
11th January 2005, 22:25
Im getting it reloomed here in timaru.Sparkys wernt intrested in lookin at it in invers cos u couldnt throw a standard loom at it. Paul Nixon was gona do it but his death got in the way lol. The starter problm is the gears,that metal on metal crunching when starter doesnt engage properly.Far as I can tell,its the spring slipping to the side and reducing throw out pressure. Cant find much on the net bout it tho

guzzi_nz
11th January 2005, 23:53
Im getting it reloomed here in timaru.Sparkys wernt intrested in lookin at it in invers cos u couldnt throw a standard loom at it. Paul Nixon was gona do it but his death got in the way lol. The starter problm is the gears,that metal on metal crunching when starter doesnt engage properly.Far as I can tell,its the spring slipping to the side and reducing throw out pressure. Cant find much on the net bout it tho

You are right it is the 2 springs u need to replace then or in mean time put then in a vise and close then up ;)

what is happen are the springs is spose to keep the gear fixed util it hit flywheel but weak spring let it turn before it mechs :shit:
the one i di other day is working :ride: :2thumbsup

guzzi_nz
11th January 2005, 23:55

rewire it your sef the main cdi system is allready dun :ride:
just wire each item one at a time use sink wrap

i di like that chopper when it was down here had a chance to get it but money was tight at time :love2:

Tarzan
17th January 2005, 08:38

Fully synthetic can cause starter gear slipping to start. Have a look at this as well.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/g.boudreau/LarrysViragos.htm.

Dr Bob
17th January 2005, 12:23
I fixed my starter with a couple of shims between the friction plate and something else, did it about 8 years ago and it hasn't needed looking at since (mind you the bikes been off the road for 5).

TonyB
17th January 2005, 12:32
The starter problm is the gears,that metal on metal crunching when starter doesnt engage properly.Far as I can tell,its the spring slipping to the side and reducing throw out pressure. Cant find much on the net bout it tho
Maybe someones already said this (haven't read the whole thread) but as far as I'm aware the XV750's always make that 'orrible graunching sound when starting. They apparently did it from new. A freind of mine has got an 81 and it makes a terrible noise when starting. He has been told by three or four people "that's just what they do". He was also told that a lot of people have thrown a lot of money at it- makes no difference, you can't make the noise go away.

Waylander
19th January 2005, 17:58
just so you know the starter thing might be your idler gears being worn out i had the same problem with my virago and just got it fixed yamaha also remodled the parts so they are "more efficient" now and if you do end up needing to order new parts youll just want to order the whole set to much hassle if you dont (learn from my mistake lol) hope to see you on the road sometime mate

Chopper74
25th January 2005, 22:29
I fixed my starter with a couple of shims between the friction plate and something else, did it about 8 years ago and it hasn't needed looking at since (mind you the bikes been off the road for 5).

Is that so it puts more pressure on the spring or takes it off? :moon: :spudwhat:

Midnight 82
26th January 2005, 18:02
Is that so it puts more pressure on the spring or takes it off? :moon: :spudwhat:
Hayes or haines manuals look it up on the net they have them brand new. :banana: