PDA

View Full Version : Greetings folks

PhilBilly
10th January 2005, 06:59
Hi there, newbiw to this site.
Had a bad strat to new year, a lady backed into my bike while it was parked 2 days before xmas, her insurance is going to pay for damage. Last monday someone left a bottle on Taranaki street, ran over it stopped at the lights and heard a strange hissing noise aaaaaahhh crap front tyre flat as. My new years resolution was to get fit but i wasnt planning by pushing my bike from taranaki street to Berhampore. Oh yeah got trashed in town sat night and lost cellphone. LOL what a great start to 2005.

Riff Raff
10th January 2005, 07:09
Hi Philbilly
:wavey: Welcome to the site. And welcome to the exclusive disaster club for end of 2004 beginning of 2005. There's a few of us in it!!!

PhilBilly
10th January 2005, 07:14
Cheers :) Yay im not alone lol Havent riden for a week so im getting the shakes and lost the plot lol :buggerd:

wari
10th January 2005, 07:29
YOu may just fittin here mate ... :yeah: ... :moon: ... :sunny:

toads
10th January 2005, 07:31
hello and welcome, we can relate, shit happens regularly here too!

MSTRS
10th January 2005, 07:43
Cheers :) Yay im not alone lol Havent riden for a week so im getting the shakes and lost the plot lol :buggerd:
Welcome - if you find 'the plot' please let us know where, ours might be in the same place. :blink:

Sparky Bills
10th January 2005, 08:10
Welcome!!
Enjoy the mad house, and please be carefull of White Trash!
He's into some strange things. :shutup: :shutup: :yeah:

Hitcher
10th January 2005, 08:18
Welcome to our gargre, Philbilly.

I don't know where the "plot" is either. I suspect it is immediately adjacent to my marbles and virginity...

Blakamin
10th January 2005, 08:20
WOOHOO... more Ducs... got any photos???

BTW, welcome!!

Al
10th January 2005, 22:04
Welcome, shitty way to start 2005, but you're here now!

Al

Ms Piggy
10th January 2005, 22:51
Well Happy New Year PhilBilly - things can only get better from here on in :niceone:

Velox
10th January 2005, 23:58
Howdy! Good always good to have some more Wgtonians in here! Need to keep those Aucklanders in line! :2guns:
Yep - there's a few people in here mourning the fact they're bikeless at the mo. When do you get it back on the road?

Mongoose
11th January 2005, 04:07
Welcome to the Nut House Philbilly (is that a city code, sorta sophisticated wording for Hill-billy?) Seems you got every chance of fitting in here, now that is up to you to decide if that is a good thing or not :confused:

LB
11th January 2005, 04:20
Welcome to the KB gargre PhilBilly. (anyone with a Ducati is of course especially welcome!)

Hope things look up for you - what a crap way to start the year!

Joni
11th January 2005, 06:31
Hello...
Nice choice in bike! :2thumbsup
Ahh and welcome too...

PhilBilly
11th January 2005, 07:06
Got puncture repaired yesterday, paid bill then the bike wouldnt start. Just the starter relay making a click noise. Dont buy a Ducati lol, they reckon the starter motor has gone to crap. Well... im shopping for a new bike now, a Honda CBR900RR or maybe a VTR Firestorm.

Cheers everyone for the welcome

Coyote
11th January 2005, 08:01
Quickly, you must escape from this site before it sucks you in, and you will be permanently trapped! Quick, go, go, GO! Save yourself!

BTW, Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

Biff
11th January 2005, 08:50
Got puncture repaired yesterday, paid bill then the bike wouldnt start. Just the starter relay making a click noise. Dont buy a Ducati lol, they reckon the starter motor has gone to crap. Well... im shopping for a new bike now, a Honda CBR900RR or maybe a VTR Firestorm.

Cheers everyone for the welcome

Welcome, and a potential welcome to the presitgious Honda fan club my dear friend. :wavey:

In case you didn't know - everyone on this site is an avid fan of Honda's, homwever some are kept on small retainers in order for them to pretend they hate them simply to keep things interesting. Nobody like a bunch of sycophants after all.

"Resistance is futile" - 7 of 9 (of Start Trek fame) last night in my bedroom

vifferman
11th January 2005, 09:23

Dang! That's not good.
Oh yeah - welcome to KiwiBiker! :spudwave:
Be aware that while they are relatively reliable, Hondas are not immune to problems. The Firestorm's a great bike (had one until a few weeks ago), but they do have R/R problems occasionally, and the camchain tensioners can break (happened to my bike before I bought it, lunching two valves :shit: ).
But apart from that, they're pretty good, easy to ride, and lots of fun. :yeah:

Biff
11th January 2005, 15:14
Hondas are not immune to problems.

wash you mouth out you blasphamous hethen :eyepoke:
igone him philbilly - it's the medication that makes him say spout such untruths

Riff Raff
11th January 2005, 15:25
Be aware that while they are relatively reliable, Hondas are not immune to problems. The Firestorm's a great bike (had one until a few weeks ago), but they do have R/R problems occasionally,
RR problems? I hope you are referring to that other RR - Racey Rider - and not myself. I never touched it. :bleh:

vifferman
11th January 2005, 15:34
wash you mouth out you blasphamous hethen :eyepoke:
igone him philbilly - it's the medication that makes him say spout such untruths
Now that's an untruth - I'm not on any meds at the moment, and haven't been for months.
As for blasphemy - well, I've owned 7 Hondas now (and no other brand of bikes, just by chance :spudwhat: ) and so I'm no longer some "wet-behind-the-ears" acolyte. Or electrolyte.....
And I've replaced two R/Rs (that stands for "wReck-you-later/Rectum-fryer", not Riff Raff, you Riff Raff you :blah: ).

Mongoose
11th January 2005, 15:36
Welcome, and a potential welcome to the presitgious Honda fan club my dear friend. :wavey:

In case you didn't know - everyone on this site is an avid fan of Honda's, but are kept on small retainers in order for them to pretend they hate them simply to keep things interesting. Nobody like a bunch of sycophants after al.l

You my man are either deluded, sick or a shite stirrer(not that we have any of those on this site) and the Philbilly would be better off buying class, like a Guzzi :kick: :whistle:

Yokai
11th January 2005, 15:44
Welcome to the site! yay!

{aside}
Hey! Fresh meat - who wants a taster?
{/aside}

You'll love it!

:2thumbsup

Biff
12th January 2005, 09:02
You my man are either deluded, sick or a shite stirrer(not that we have any of those on this site) and the Philbilly would be better off buying class, like a Guzzi :kick: :whistle:

That's right my Honda loving brother, keep it up - the cheque is in the post :2thumbsup

Biff
12th January 2005, 11:47
Now that's an untruth - I'm not on any meds at the moment, and haven't been for months.

i rest my case mylord :blink:

Draco
13th January 2005, 07:30
Welcome Phil, I see you've already been welcomed by some of the fine upstanding members of the KB community. Sorry to hear you luck hasn't been that good, but now that you've joined kb your :buggerd: for 2005 as well. :killingme Never mind, there is a slight chance of salvation if you trade that duc for a honda :yeah:

crashe
13th January 2005, 19:56
I see some KBers have made you feel really welcome to the site...
They really are nice folks.... or so I hear...lol :crazy:

Seriously, your luck will change real soon...and you will be back on a bike real soon. :scooter:

Jantar
13th January 2005, 21:52

In case you didn't know - everyone on this site is an avid fan of Honda's, homwever some are kept on small retainers in order for them to pretend they hate them simply to keep things interesting. Nobody like a bunch of sycophants after all.

Don't believe a word of this madness PhilBilly, The majority of us on here may accept Honda riders as "almost motorcyclists" :no: But if you search the threads for a poll on what is your favourite make, you will find that Honda is NOT the top brand. I must admit that I ride the top brand of bike. :scooter:

magnum
17th January 2005, 18:30
hello and welcome,can only get better. :rockon:

Biff
18th January 2005, 15:21
Don't believe a word of this madness PhilBilly, The majority of us on here may accept Honda riders as "almost motorcyclists" :no: But if you search the threads for a poll on what is your favourite make, you will find that Honda is NOT the top brand. I must admit that I ride the top brand of bike, a muppet 75cc :scooter:

News update - It is the top voted brand so far - sense has prevailed.

inlinefour
27th January 2005, 01:41
welcome and enjoy :2thumbsup