PDA

View Full Version : Login details forgotten

bungbung
10th January 2005, 09:07
Is anyone else having this problem?

My home PC and work PC do not remember my login details. Each time I open my browser, I have to re-enter my login name and password (even ticking the 'remember me' box)

James Deuce
10th January 2005, 09:10
Cookies are probably disabled via network or workstation policy at work.

Your firewall or browser may be rejecting or have cookies disabled.

wari
10th January 2005, 09:17
ALs-hymers .. :yeah:

bungbung
10th January 2005, 09:19
Funny how it is happening on both PCs though. I run the firewall here, and I haven't changed the policy.

bungbung
10th January 2005, 09:33
Weird, I left a browser window open with KB, came back to it after 10min and I'd been logged out...

riffer
10th January 2005, 10:02
Weird, I left a browser window open with KB, came back to it after 10min and I'd been logged out...

Could be something up with the site.

Two of my home PC's, my work laptop and my work PC have asked me to log in lately, and I KNOW I haven't changed the home stuff.

Milky
10th January 2005, 10:14
I have had that too - using firefox rather than IE, it stores my cookies perfectly, but sometimes it asks me to enter my PW to login. I am sure it has happened within the last few days

Blakamin
10th January 2005, 10:23
I have had that too - using firefox rather than IE, it stores my cookies perfectly, but sometimes it asks me to enter my PW to login. I am sure it has happened within the last few days
happened to me yesterday or the day before... fine now tho!

crashe
10th January 2005, 10:42
Well thank goddess its NOT just me that its happening to as well......

Everytime I have to put in my sign in name and then my password.....
And I have ticked the "Remember me" box as well.
This has been like this ever since I joined up. :scooter:

Spankme is it a hiccup at your end... or the server you are using or what?
Hope that you can help us out with this query.... Cheers.

Hoon
10th January 2005, 10:45
Yes it happened to me on 2 seperate machines in the last 24hrs. Once on my home PC and again on my work PC this morning. After logging in again its worked fine since.

Me suspects Spankme made a site change which required a cookie update.

Hitcher
10th January 2005, 11:46
I am having exactly the same issue as Bung Bung. I had thought it was odd. Now I think it's a bloody conspiracy!! THEY must be up to something...

Deano
10th January 2005, 11:49
Ditto - both at home and work.

Blackbird
10th January 2005, 12:00
Both at home and work. Wonder if something else is going on? Several biker sites in the UK have recently been subjected to hacker attack and one case I know of took it off line for quite a few days.

Geoff

StoneChucker
10th January 2005, 12:04
It seems to be happening for everyone, but just to add my two cents, it happened once or twice for me too. Yesterday was once I think.

Sniper
10th January 2005, 12:30
Hmmm, I had that too, weird

mini_hooks_
10th January 2005, 12:52
Cookies are probably disabled via network or workstation policy at work.

Your firewall or browser may be rejecting or have cookies disabled.

mmmmmm...cookies :) :shifty:

mini_hooks_
10th January 2005, 12:54
yes...it happens to me every day...but that is because dad logs me out and him in!!! :angry2:

Ms Piggy
10th January 2005, 14:02

My home PC and work PC do not remember my login details. Each time I open my browser, I have to re-enter my login name and password (even ticking the 'remember me' box)

Yep - same here.

bungbung
10th January 2005, 14:07
If I leave my browser for 5 minutes I am getting logged out!

sels1
10th January 2005, 14:20

Yep, me too. Just started doing it lately

Sniper
10th January 2005, 14:43
Mine isnt doing it......... yet

onearmedbandit
10th January 2005, 18:12
Didn't spankme explain the new software?? If you haven't posted anything intelligent, witty, or constructive the site logs you out. Depending on your total post count, length of membership, and overall post quality, the s/w decides how long to leave you logged on. For those of you who get kicked off after 5 minutes, you'd better get some quality posts up or you will be forever logged out, ridiculed by computers everwhere. You have been warned.

As for myself, haven't noticed any changes at all. Good old software.

Blakamin
10th January 2005, 18:36
Didn't spankme explain the new software?? If you haven't posted anything intelligent, witty, or constructive the site logs you out. Depending on your total post count, length of membership, and overall post quality, the s/w decides how long to leave you logged on. For those of you who get kicked off after 5 minutes, you'd better get some quality posts up or you will be forever logged out, ridiculed by computers everwhere. You have been warned.

so why am I still here???? :confused:

mattt
10th January 2005, 18:39
Yeh same as here - I thought the boss was onto my work, or lack of :confused:

Ms Piggy
10th January 2005, 18:41

But I go ta uniwersitee so I si rull cleva & wutty. :confused:

What?
10th January 2005, 18:45
Glad to hear it's not just me, coz it's not just this site, either. Happens occasionally.

gav
10th January 2005, 19:45
Yip, I've had the same, I blame the new moderator(s) :whistle:

Holy Roller
10th January 2005, 19:55

And I thought that it was just the work computer, rather annoying when typing stuff to reply to a post and when I finally get around to hit the submit reply I find that I've been logged off. :2guns: :2guns:

scumdog
11th January 2005, 07:20
Happened to me yesterday when I got home after the weekend, took me ages to remember my password but everything seems o.k.now.

Hitcher
11th January 2005, 07:23
Normal service resumed. Paranoia eased...

bungbung
11th January 2005, 07:34
Speak for yourself.

SpankMe
11th January 2005, 13:06
The problem should disappear once I've updated to vB 3.0.5. I started on it last night after finishing the update on my SV (http://www.sv-portal.com) and GB (http://www.gb.zyns.com) sites. Should be done by tonight or tomorrow.

inlinefour
15th January 2005, 14:34

Everything works well at home. However at work is a different story, but thats life.

BiK3RChiK
21st February 2008, 06:08
I wonder if a link 'Forgotten Password?' could be put up... cause... ummm... I've forgotten it! If I use a different browser, I'm skrewed!

karla
21st February 2008, 06:55
I wonder if a link 'Forgotten Password?' could be put up... cause... ummm... I've forgotten it! If I use a different browser, I'm skrewed!

forgotten FAQ (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=password&match=all&titlesonly=0)

BiK3RChiK
21st February 2008, 07:07
forgotten FAQ (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=password&match=all&titlesonly=0)

Gee... thanks for that, and I searched too but somehow it never came up!!

+1

Virago
21st February 2008, 07:14
If you enter an incorrect password when logging in, a forgotten password link will appear.

BiK3RChiK
21st February 2008, 07:39
Cheers! Sorted now, thanks all...

Got too much goin' on in the ol' head... Oh, and a million passwords to remember! Hahaha

M

karla
21st February 2008, 15:19
Gee... thanks for that, and I searched too but somehow it never came up!!

+1

You're welcome. I started reading the thread, and wondered why I hadn't had problems with having to log in ... and then realized it was an ongoing thing in 2005! LOL. Then it occurred to me that I wouldn't have a clue how to get in if I forgot my password :Oops:. So your post helped us both - thank you! :)

BiK3RChiK
21st February 2008, 17:58
You're welcome. I started reading the thread, and wondered why I hadn't had problems with having to log in ... and then realized it was an ongoing thing in 2005! LOL. Then it occurred to me that I wouldn't have a clue how to get in if I forgot my password :Oops:. So your post helped us both - thank you! :)

Cool! Glad I assisted you there, too... I've had trouble with my browser crashing when I open up some pages. I think it is because of big pictures. Any rate, hubby goes to sort out the browser problem and suddenly I have lost all my bookmarks etc! Crap! Now I can't log in because I don't remember passwords I have saved on my browser!!!!

karla
21st February 2008, 21:32
Cool! Glad I assisted you there, too... I've had trouble with my browser crashing when I open up some pages. I think it is because of big pictures. Any rate, hubby goes to sort out the browser problem and suddenly I have lost all my bookmarks etc! Crap! Now I can't log in because I don't remember passwords I have saved on my browser!!!!

Good learning curve, don't let hubbi near your bike or you might lose your gears or something. :calm: Computer crashes we can tolerate, move on, maybe even forget and learn to love again. But bikes ... :shutup:

Racey Rider
26th February 2009, 17:02
2009 -

Anyone else having problems saving your login info to KB?

Problably just my puxcy old computer.
How do I reset things to accepted cookies for win98 se?

Thanks.
Racey