PDA

View Full Version : Victory launch in NZ

xknuts
16th July 2008, 21:31
The word is that Victory will have a soft opening on Friday August 1st to Ullyses members in Auckland @ Silver Fern Imports.
Polaris will show the full 2009 range including both Vision models @ Big Boys Toys on 14th - 16th November.

Bring it on!:drool:

The Lone Rider
16th July 2008, 23:10
There is a shop that deals Vic down south isn't there? I'm sure Kram has said there was

outlawtorn
16th July 2008, 23:14
The word is that Victory will have a soft opening on Friday August 1st to Ullyses members in Auckland @ Silver Fern Imports.
Polaris will show the full 2009 range including both Vision models @ Big Boys Toys on 14th - 16th November.

Wow, that's really exciting, been looking at the 8 Ball recently and wishing we could get these bike easily in this country. Bring it on!!

The Lone Rider
16th July 2008, 23:42
Wow, that's really exciting, been looking at the 8 Ball recently and wishing we could get these bike easily in this country. Bring it on!!

Uh....

Contact XKnuts then - he deals Vics.

Even tried to convince me to buy his Vegas or order something else at the March Hare.. sly bugger :P

Tank
17th July 2008, 11:26
Im not sure if I like them or not - will be nice to see one in the metal. Also be interesting to hear how they ride on NZ's roads.

The Lone Rider
17th July 2008, 12:26
Im not sure if I like them or not - will be nice to see one in the metal. Also be interesting to hear how they ride on NZ's roads.

I've seen Xknuts vegas and for the price compared to harley you get a lot.

1500cc there arounds and it actually puts out what you'd expect for that CC. Sounds great - similar to harley but not the same.

IMO they are really Harleys with all the stylings and upgrades harleys might have had if they didn't predominately stick to their american heritage roots.

xknuts
17th July 2008, 16:05
I have some that I won't be using, so if interested send me a PM.:2thumbsup

enigma51
17th July 2008, 16:10
What is a victory? Other than obvious answer

Bren
17th July 2008, 16:44
say what? can you repeat that Question.

Victory is in my opinion one of the finest mass produced cruisers on the market. It is manufactured under the Polaris umbrella
Their home site here! (http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory/Pages/Home.aspx)

popelli
17th July 2008, 16:44
I wish them well

nothing wrong with the bikes, well engineered but..........

they just don't sell, they have been marketing them in the uk for over 9 years, only twice have I ever seen one out side of a showroom or a bike show

each year they have a new improved model so getting parts for the old model given short production runs could prove to be a problem

oldrider
17th July 2008, 16:55

They are a type of big yellow custard square!

Or as a well known Harley rider explained to me, they are the Skoda of cruiser bikes but you be the judge, you may be pleasantly surprised. :ride: John.

NighthawkNZ
17th July 2008, 17:02
They are a type of big yellow custard square!

Or as a well known Harley rider explained to me, they are the Skoda of cruiser bikes but you be the judge, you may be pleasantly surprised. :ride: John.

I perfer them over harleys...

depends on the colour you get
Yellow = custard square
Red = Strawberry tart

blah blah blah

enigma51
17th July 2008, 17:06
say what? can you repeat that Question.

Victory is in my opinion one of the finest mass produced cruisers on the market. It is manufactured under the Polaris umbrella
Their home site here! (http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory/Pages/Home.aspx)

Learn something new every day

Headbanger
17th July 2008, 18:09
I find them ugly, with some of them reaching the rank of damn ugly, The name victory is also pretty gay.

That's not to say they aren't great bikes, I have no idea what they do well or not so well.

Maybe I'm just shallow, But my second choice of bike after a HD would be a Hayabusa......

JimO
17th July 2008, 18:32

whats a soft opening........i can think of one but it doesnt have much to do with motorbikes

Tank
17th July 2008, 19:07
Or as a well known Harley rider explained to me, they are the Skoda of cruiser bikes .

Skoda make some bloody good cars these days. People still hang onto old preconceptions and don't notice the quality kit when its available to them, sticking to the same old, same old - hey it could be great analogy for the Victory after all.

The Lone Rider
17th July 2008, 23:19
whats a soft opening........i can think of one but it doesnt have much to do with motorbikes

Soft opening is a silly concept - my company has done them before

Its basically, and as lame as it sounds, is the opening presentation of a new product before the opening presentation of a new product.

Say whattttt?

Ok.. its the smaller not quite so official opening. Kinda like a pre-party.

It's a teaser opening to get people gurgling over the new product before its mass marketed.

Griffin
18th July 2008, 00:13
Geez - never heard of them. Will be interesting to see how they do with sales in NZ

The Lone Rider
18th July 2008, 00:27
Geez - never heard of them. Will be interesting to see how they do with sales in NZ

You are gonna make people like Xknuts cry :(

They have been around for awhile, several listed on trademe off and on

Kram also has one - flame paint job and all.

They are being marketed these days as "The new national American Iron"... ie.. roll over harley and get out of our way.

BTW Chris, while they might be better engineered, I'd still buy a harley over your custard square hahaha :P I have a nice 1986 softtail I have my eye but the bank account says no (and with no pillion seat.. the women say no :( )

xknuts
18th July 2008, 20:19

But What? For a company that strive to give YOU the Rider the best technology going forward on their models, the best rideability & the best customer satisfaction, I'd say they will go far. :niceone:
Polaris just sold 35% of KTM to invest further in the Vic brand.
You don't see many coz Polaris have just announced that total Production just reached 50,000 units. Not many @ 10,000 units per year now compared to HD @ 300,000.

A well known Harley rider explained to me, they are the Skoda of cruiser bikes but you be the judge, you may be pleasantly surprised. :ride: John.

He has his head in the sand! :whocares: New Skoda's are a class car.

I perfer them over harleys...
depends on the colour you get.Yellow = custard square,Red = Strawberry tart
blah blah blah

Funny Dale,
BUT the Square is about to be a tart!!!!! Watch this space.:soon:

NighthawkNZ
18th July 2008, 20:34
Funny Dale,

Cool... I await the tarts arrival... dang I never even got a blast on the square :(

oldrider
18th July 2008, 20:52
He has his head in the sand![/B] :whocares: New Skoda's are a class car.
Funny Dale,

C'mon X we are just pulling the hairs on your fanny, there's nothin wrong with the square! :niceone:

Lookin forward to seeing the "tart" whatever that means. :ride: Cheers John.

Toaster
18th July 2008, 21:43

My thoughts exactly! great to see them finally getting shown here.:niceone:

The Lone Rider
18th July 2008, 23:14
Lookin forward to seeing the "tart" whatever that means. :ride: Cheers John.

I think it means he's getting a red one!

Get a white one so we can spit cherry pits over them. Isn't that the SI KB Rally tradition?

cs363
18th July 2008, 23:46
I wish them well

they just don't sell, they have been marketing them in the uk for over 9 years, only twice have I ever seen one out side of a showroom or a bike show

each year they have a new improved model so getting parts for the old model given short production runs could prove to be a problem

I think they are always going to be in HD's shadow regardless of how good or bad they may be and to majority they will be most likely always be second best purely because of Harley's huge market share and clever marketing.
They also seem to have a rather large number of recalls given the somewhat limited model range: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle_recalls/01/victory/index.html - something to be aware of, if nothing else.
Being under the Polaris umbrella isn't neccessarily a good thing either in NZ as that brand hasn't exactly enjoyed stellar sales or good reputation here up until recently.
That said, it does appear that Polaris has made concerted efforts to lift the quality and reliability of their ATV range in recent years and they certainly have a stronger dealer network than they used to have so hopefully this has rubbed off and will help on the Victory range.
Whatever the case, resale will be an issue with these bikes because of the likely small market for them versus the strength of HD and metric cruisers, so that is something that likely buyers will need to allow for. Probably won't be an issue if you are trading a Victory on a Victory but once you change to another brand be prepared to take a hit.

xknuts
30th July 2008, 00:11
I think they are always going to be in HD's shadow regardless of how good or bad they may be and to majority they will be most likely always be second best purely because of Harley's huge market share and clever marketing.
They also seem to have a rather large number of recalls given the somewhat limited model range: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle_recalls/01/victory/index.html - something to be aware of, if nothing else.
Being under the Polaris umbrella isn't neccessarily a good thing either in NZ as that brand hasn't exactly enjoyed stellar sales or good reputation here up until recently.
That said, it does appear that Polaris has made concerted efforts to lift the quality and reliability of their ATV range in recent years and they certainly have a stronger dealer network than they used to have so hopefully this has rubbed off and will help on the Victory range.
Whatever the case, resale will be an issue with these bikes because of the likely small market for them versus the strength of HD and metric cruisers, so that is something that likely buyers will need to allow for. Probably won't be an issue if you are trading a Victory on a Victory but once you change to another brand be prepared to take a hit.

I have decided to fly up to Victory launch & check it out!

Watch this space!:2thumbsup

outlawtorn
30th July 2008, 14:53
I have decided to fly up to Victory launch & check it out!

Watch this space!:2thumbsup

Great stuff mate, have a blast and shitloads of pics!!!!:woohoo:

xknuts
2nd August 2008, 21:11
Victory released their full range into New Zealand last night to an enthusiastic crowd. The full 2008 bike range, with parts, accessories & clothing on display. Brett & Lisa Fordham, the NZ dealership principals, ably assisted by the Australian contingent from Victoria Steve Harvey & Lance Whitelock.
The range will be shown at the Big Boys Toy Show 14th - 16th November.

xknuts
2nd August 2008, 21:22
And More Photos

Bren
2nd August 2008, 21:46
wow chris that victory vision looks sweet....i bet would be a nice ride!

scumdog
2nd August 2008, 22:38

Fuck me mate - d'ya realise the world ain't flat too yet?

Top bike , o'head cams and all shit Harley SHOULD have on their 'traditional' V-twin.

Frikkin' Philistines......:oi-grr:

Big Dave
2nd August 2008, 23:04

Top bike , o'head cams and all shit Harley SHOULD have on their 'traditional' V-twin.

Frikkin' Philistines......:oi-grr:

Dunno about the cams - could they be self adjusting valves with OHC?

Apart from that - Such as? - and remember you are typing to a bloke who thinks a fuel gauge on a bike is over complication.

Griffin
2nd August 2008, 23:40

Yeah right... and I spose the suns a big ball of extremely hot gases that sits approximately 150 million kilometres away from our 'not flat earth' and measures 1.4 million kilometers in width. Gimme a break.

scumdog
2nd August 2008, 23:52
Yeah right... and I spose the suns a big ball of extremely hot gases that sits approximately 150 million kilometres away from our 'not flat earth' and measures 1.4 million kilometers in width. Gimme a break.

Sorry - I live in the deep uncivilised South and knew about Victory bikes so thought EVERYBODY else knew about them too.

Griffin
2nd August 2008, 23:57
Sorry - I live in the deep uncivilised South and knew about Victory bikes so thought EVERYBODY else knew about them too.

Shit, did I come across as being sore? My reply was meant to be read as a sarcastic pistake - in fact, many of my replies to threads are meant to be read that way.

No I hadnt heard of them, but then again I hadnt heard of Matchless either. I am a sponge - and KB is the polluted pond in which I am soaking.

scumdog
3rd August 2008, 00:04
Shit, did I come across as being sore? My reply was meant to be read as a sarcastic pistake - in fact, many of my replies to threads are meant to be read that way.

No I hadnt heard of them, but then again I hadnt heard of Matchless either. I am a sponge - and KB is the polluted pond in which I am soaking.

With you owning a bike with white-wall tyres and a screen I can understand WHY you think like this.:dodge:

(Runs away and ducks for cover)

Griffin
3rd August 2008, 00:18
With you owning a bike with white-wall tyres and a screen I can understand WHY you think like this.

Hmmm, I think I will bypass the whole bike bashing arena - I try to stay a floor or two above that level. Glad you think you understand tho :)

scumdog
3rd August 2008, 00:29
Hmmm, I think I will bypass the whole bike bashing arena - I try to stay a floor or two above that level. Glad you think you understand tho :)

Ya DID notice it was a piss-take, right...right?

As a Harley Owner who also wears tassles I kinda thought EVERYBODY has to put up with flak regarding their choice of bike/style of bike/style or riding gear... am I right or what??

Griffin
3rd August 2008, 00:36
I kinda thought EVERYBODY has to put up with flak regarding their choice of bike/style of bike/style or riding gear... am I right or what??

Oh - your right... I do put up with it, I just dont 'get into it' - its a rule I have set for myself (after reading many threads where it occurs). Dont get me wrong, Im not offended.

I am so glad we arent a couple... we dont seem to communicate very effectively :oi-grr:

scumdog
3rd August 2008, 00:40
Oh - your right... I do put up with it, I just dont 'get into it' - its a rule I have set for myself (after reading many threads where it occurs). Dont get me wrong, Im not offended.

I am so glad we arent a couple... we dont seem to communicate very effectively :oi-grr:

Aw contrare.

We DO communicate - I now know how/what you think and vice-versa - even if it isn't straight forwards..

Big Dave
3rd August 2008, 00:55
When I want your opinion, I'll give it.

Griffin
3rd August 2008, 00:59
Aw contrare.

We DO communicate - blah blah

Yes... we do... just not effectively. Isnt this a thread about Victory Motorcycles or something... I think the jist has been lost in the last 8 or so posts

xknuts
3rd August 2008, 12:05
Top bike , o'head cams and all shit Harley SHOULD have on their 'traditional' V-twin.:

And oil cooled with hydraulic tappets, DOH!

MD
3rd August 2008, 12:34
A few pretty pictures here..

http://motorcycledaily.com/25july08_2009victory.htm

Not too shabby in the cruiser looks department. The slime green catches your eye. Except that full dress...mini Kenworth? is it a bike? That one's hard on the eyes though.

From what little you can tell by just looking at pictures, the build quality looks good.
The new 2008 106 c. i. is 1731cc and the previous models were 1634cc. Should have some get up and go.

Bren
4th August 2008, 22:34
A few pretty pictures here..

http://motorcycledaily.com/25july08_2009victory.htm

Not too shabby in the cruiser looks department. The slime green catches your eye. Except that full dress...mini Kenworth? is it a bike? That one's hard on the eyes though.

From what little you can tell by just looking at pictures, the build quality looks good.
The new 2008 106 c. i. is 1731cc and the previous models were 1634cc. Should have some get up and go.

Are ya talking about this one? I LOVE IT....

Griffin
4th August 2008, 23:25
OMG - I gottta say that the dressing on that red one is WAY over the top. I certainly wont be looking to buy one! But the Lime green one mmmmmmm, and I gotta say - Cory Ness's signature model is a sweet looking machine. I could happily be seen drooling over that :)

xknuts
5th August 2008, 12:38
Are ya talking about this one? I LOVE IT....

I think its a love or hate relationship. It certainly has moved the luxury cruiser into the 21st century. All the mod cons!

98tls
7th August 2008, 17:27
Im not sure if I like them or not - will be nice to see one in the metal. Also be interesting to hear how they ride on NZ's roads. I had one up my arse doing 250 clicks down a country road (private of course) and even when we went through the Waimate gorge he wasnt to far behind,they seem to ride fine.

xknuts
8th August 2008, 20:37
I had one up my arse doing 250 clicks down a country road (private of course) and even when we went through the Waimate gorge he wasnt to far behind,they seem to ride fine.

Yeah, you did!
That was a fun day! :laugh: Hope to do it again sometime.

Winston001
8th August 2008, 21:40
Hmmm have to admit I barely knew Victory existed, saw one at the Brass in June, nice machine.

I don't like the Victory.....website!! It uses flash for everything - yes I know web designers think it is cool, but it isn't. Just irritating.

If you want something different, an interesting bike, a HD that isn't an HD, then these are a good choice.

97hp out of 1700cc isn't much to boast about but in the real world I'm sure these bikes perform or they wouldn't sell at all.

Bren
8th August 2008, 23:16
Hmmm have to admit I barely knew Victory existed, saw one at the Brass in June, nice machine.

I don't like the Victory.....website!! It uses flash for everything - yes I know web designers think it is cool, but it isn't. Just irritating.

If you want something different, an interesting bike, a HD that isn't an HD, then these are a good choice.

97hp out of 1700cc isn't much to boast about but in the real world I'm sure these bikes perform or they wouldn't sell at all.

Hey mate...97 horses is more than enough to kill ya on......and its not how fast they go that matters...its how they sound...eh Chris!!!!

Freak them bikes SOUND so good!...specially thru tunnels...eh Chris!!!

Toaster
8th August 2008, 23:25
OMG - I gottta say that the dressing on that red one is WAY over the top. I certainly wont be looking to buy one! But the Lime green one mmmmmmm, and I gotta say - Cory Ness's signature model is a sweet looking machine. I could happily be seen drooling over that :)

Mate they look bloody fantastic!!!!!:beer:

Toaster
8th August 2008, 23:28
And More Photos

I think the indicators on that tourer need to be bigger.... :gob:

It looks like KZ7 under full sail!:blink:

xknuts
9th August 2008, 22:06
This is an interesting bloggers site to easily distinguish the different models available. He talks thru the differences, and subtle changes for 2009.:love:

See Gallery pages 6, 9, and last

http://thevog.net/

10th August 2008, 18:35
whats the pricing on them?

The Lone Rider
10th August 2008, 19:00

$15,000-$20,000NZD new I believe

xknuts
10th August 2008, 21:46

$15,000-$20,000NZD new I believe

Not even close Tony,

Reading from the NZ Retail price list, SFI Motorcycles, Auckland, Aug 2008

8Ball $23K, Kingpin $29K, Hammer $29K, Jackpot $28K, NessJackpot $33K Vegas $24.5K, Vision Street $31K, Vision Tour $35K

Probably plus ORC's. :done:

The Lone Rider
10th August 2008, 22:01
Ok well thats 15,000 - 20,000 for secondhand ones. All the ones ive seen in NZ have cost between that. Hasn't been any "new" ones frequently for sale.

Edit -

Weren't you selling victorys for between 15,000 - 20,000? I thought you imported them and sold them? Were they new or second hand?

xknuts
11th August 2008, 18:05
Ok well thats 15,000 - 20,000 for secondhand ones. All the ones ive seen in NZ have cost between that. Hasn't been any "new" ones frequently for sale.
Weren't you selling victorys for between 15,000 - 20,000? I thought you imported them and sold them? Were they new or second hand?

Yeah, you are correct! And for 2nd hand too.
I have an 04 Kingpin & 07 Kingpin Tour available.

scumdog
15th August 2008, 21:35
Only reason I don't own a Victory?

Can't afford one.

And we need two in this house-hold.