PDA

View Full Version : Importing bling

insomnia01
17th July 2008, 10:51
hi one & all,

Looking at importing some bits & pieces from a company called Jaws Motorcycles in the UK who sell all sorts of bits & bling for m/cycles but specialize in Blackbirds ( amazing whats on there check their web site out...www.jaws-motorcycles.co.uk), I have recently sent a list to John requesting a price in NZ currency incl of insurances etc, etc this was his reply

Hi Hami,
sorry mate, thanks to a fellow NZ Bird rider I am unable to send either screens or huggers out to you guys..
The guy ordered a CF hugger, signed for it and then found it damaged.
He has told me you folks cannot check the goods ( or indeed sign for them as possibly damaged ) until after you have signed to say you have got them in good order
Because of that I cannot make a claim yet he wants a replacement or will cancel his card payment..

I am sure you appreciate that if what he says is true can never send huggers or screens to NZ ( or Australia ) again as it is simply unsafe to do so..

Does/has anyone ever incounted issues John is remarking on?

Is there a safer way to import plastics like huggers & screens etc?

I have never had to import anything from the UK before so this is my first time at this, I know of some BB owners who have brought bits off John some years ago without issue. Any input into this matter would be greatly appreciated.....:2thumbsup

vindy500
17th July 2008, 10:56
sounds like someones trying to rip him off, we can inspect goods before signing, you would be silly not to.

nodrog
17th July 2008, 11:37
.... we can inspect goods before signing, you would be silly not to.

it depends on how they have shipped it. i dont know how many times i have come home to find parcels worth heaps of $$$ just sitting by the door, or jambed in the letterbox, no signature required.

vindy500
17th July 2008, 11:44
it depends on how they have shipped it. i dont know how many times i have come home to find parcels worth heaps of $$$ just sitting by the door, or jambed in the letterbox, no signature required.

well then you wouldnt have signed it....

nodrog
17th July 2008, 11:53
well then you wouldnt have signed it....

or inspected it before taking delivery ......

imdying
17th July 2008, 12:06
Sign it subject to inspection. Use to fuck the freighters off when I was working in a warehouse, they'd get all steamed about it. I gave them them option of accepting it, or waiting whilst I unpacked a thousand light bulbs and checked them.