PDA

View Full Version : FXR150 front wheel looking odd

Indiana_Jones
10th January 2005, 17:58
Well got my bike running again, but now i swear the wheel is out of line, because when I'm going down the road, the bars arn't level and It feels wierd going on the corners, any advice etc?
Cheers

-Indy

mattt
10th January 2005, 18:04
Don't do what the guy I saw yesterday doing on his FXR.

Cruising home from work, I saw a bike on it's side, and the owner bending over in the "ol my god f&%k that hurt" position. So i pulled up, parked up and wandered back to him - he just had the tube out of his front and doing a repair on a puncture. Said he nearly dropped it, but not quite, so lucky for him. :ride:

MSTRS
10th January 2005, 18:14
If you are not sure if it's right or of what you are doing - take it to a mechanic. It's only a little bike, But it will still put you in a world of hurt if it's got issues.

Indiana_Jones
10th January 2005, 18:30
If you are not sure if it's right or of what you are doing - take it to a mechanic. It's only a little bike, But it will still put you in a world of hurt if it's got issues.

That's what I'm afraid of lol :crybaby:

Guess I'll just have to get used to it for a while :)

-Indy

Blakamin
10th January 2005, 18:41
one fork doin all the work???? no fork oil... bent fork causing a bind... pull the front wheel, push forks up and see if they return at (close to ) the same time... mebbe (new spelling :innocent: ) loosen them in the clamps and rotate until they rebound in the right direction...

Warren
10th January 2005, 20:16
Don't do what the guy I saw yesterday doing on his FXR.

Cruising home from work, I saw a bike on it's side, and the owner bending over in the "ol my god f&%k that hurt" position. So i pulled up, parked up and wandered back to him - he just had the tube out of his front and doing a repair on a puncture. Said he nearly dropped it, but not quite, so lucky for him. :ride:

That must have been hard. The bike has no main stand so it is quite hard to get a wheel off the ground.

Roadrash
10th January 2005, 20:28
it could be your triple clamps, stand the bike up and face the tyre straight ahead(the way it would be if you were riding in a straight line) if the handle bars arn't straight in line withy the front wheel then you will need to loosen them off and tweek it round a bit
:beer:

Indiana_Jones
16th January 2005, 13:10
what's a triple clamp? :spudwhat:

-Indy

erik
16th January 2005, 16:47
what's a triple clamp? :spudwhat:

-Indy

The bits that the forks and steering stem clamp into (although the stem is often not clamped but bolted or fixed in some other way). See top and bottom tripleclamps in this pic:
http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/jan00/rick/yamaha/yz250tripleclamp_160x130.jpg