PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, new here (Real_Wolf)

Real_Wolf
18th July 2008, 10:09
Hi, names Michael, first time really posting here besides in a thread where i bought my bike from another member (Thanks too, it runs sweet).

I just 2 days ago purchased the Yamaha XS250, it runs quite nicely, not nearly as fast as my friends suzuki bandit, but I still enjoy myself thoroughly on it.

Biking is so much more fun than driving a car. Its like the enjoyment of driving a manual over driving an automatic, only its riding a bike over driving a manual.

Anyway, I'm not much of an engine person, I'm mostly using it to commute to and from uni, when uni starts again next week.

Ironically, my mates bike is a suzuki bandit, and my new xs250 has a sticker on it saying outlaw. I just think thats funny personally

Badjelly
18th July 2008, 10:11
Biking is so much more fun than driving a car. Its like the enjoyment of driving a manual over driving an automatic, only its riding a bike over driving a manual.

Amen, brother!

Choco
18th July 2008, 10:56
Hi, names Michael

Awesome name you got there! (just like mine ;))

Ironically, my mates bike is a suzuki bandit, and my new xs250 has a sticker on it saying outlaw. I just think thats funny personally
Haha, cool.

Welcome to the site man! Ride safe, ATGATT and all that, and if you see a white Honda Hornet buzzing around the Shore with a rider with a red jacket then give us a wave!

Choco

Squiggles
18th July 2008, 14:17
woohoo, another uni student...
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84 :rockon:

portokiwi
18th July 2008, 14:20
Way to go on the XS mate. Trustworthy, Yes a wee bit slow but a great first bike.
I started off on one been through many since then and still cant ride:Oops:
Good luck and have fun.

Griffin
18th July 2008, 18:05
Awesome - welcome to KB. Great name you have and also a fantastic first bike. I had the XVS250 for my first bike and it was just da bom!

Hope you enjoy your new pastime... it WILL consume you!

sinfull
18th July 2008, 18:12
Soooo many michaels !!!!
XS 7fity special i do know ! The 2fity be missing a couple of cylinders aye ?
Welcome bro ! Ride your own ride aye !
Yr mates might be faster but it may also handle better !!!!!

Real_Wolf
18th July 2008, 21:20
Yeah, i'm unconcerned about mine being slower, I'm not obsessed about being the best at everything, just most things :D.

Besides, eventually, and I really mean eventually as in a long time away, I plan to get an F4 MV Agusta, and at that point I'll be so happy and insanely fast that I don't think he'll have anything to beat me with.

Looking at parking at uni under the carpark by maths and physics, look out for the black xs250 with the bright red jacket (Which is gonna be changed in not too short a time, soon as I find something I actually want to buy thats waterproof and armoured, and comfortable).

Griffin
18th July 2008, 23:01
Check out the 'bike gear' threads... you can learn a lot about peoples experiences in many different types of gear.

fizbin
19th July 2008, 09:11
Hey welcome to the site.
Ride safe and come along the the NASS.
Enjoy the new bike :Police:

Swoop
20th July 2008, 19:22
Welcome to KB!

Watch out for the nasty people at uni. who like to annoy bikers by attempting to take away their parking... (have a read of the SMC threads (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)...)

:ride: