PDA

View Full Version : North Island: Coro Loop - Mon 21 July

Devil
18th July 2008, 11:26
Got the day off. Thinking about doing the loop if it's dry. Will be anti-clockwise. Kopu Mobil at 12pm, late'ish lunch at coromandel township.

Feel free to join me. I stick to 109km/h on the straight bits with a medium pace on the corners. Minimal stops.

No problem with newbies as long as you cruise at the above speed. I'll wait after the twisties if neccesary. Can provide mentor advice if required.

FYI - I'm highly intolerant of unsafe riding anywhere near me.

Edit: Kopu mobil is the meeting place. Time updated to 12pm.

Quasievil
18th July 2008, 11:36
Got the day off. Thinking about doing the loop if it's dry. Will be anti-clockwise. Kopu at 11am, lunch at coromandel township.

Feel free to join me. I stick to 109km/h on the straight bits with a medium pace on the corners. Minimal stops.

No problem with newbies as long as you cruise at the above speed. I'll wait after the twisties if neccesary. Can provide mentor advice if required.

I could be keen, on me KLR, same like living to much to go crazy !

Will see what the weather is like on monday

Devil
18th July 2008, 11:40
Yep, ride is weather dependent!

... partcularly cos my pants leak.

fizbin
18th July 2008, 17:40
hmmm do you think my boss would mind if i took the opportunity to "scrub" in my tyres?:Police:

The Stranger
18th July 2008, 19:14
I'll wait after the twisties if neccesary. Can provide mentor advice if required.

Thanks Devil, can I come.

Oh - doesn't matter.

icekiwi
18th July 2008, 19:27
I'd love to come but i'm 2 weeks into a 3mth walk...
Have fun..:rolleyes:

DUCATI*HARD
18th July 2008, 23:59
its been a while:shit:

Devil
19th July 2008, 00:17
Yep will be leaving from the shore. It's been so long since i've done a loop I cant even remember how long it takes to get to kopu.

Yeah Noel, no dodgy buggers.

Gremlin
19th July 2008, 04:07
bastard :oi-grr:

Patch
19th July 2008, 08:16
Yeah Noel, no dodgy buggers.
ah bugger, thats me out then

DUCATI*HARD
19th July 2008, 22:29
ah bugger, thats me out then

damit,that makes three off us:devil2:

Devil
20th July 2008, 17:36
Time is now 12pm at Mobil Kopu. Noticed the MotoGP is on live from 9-10am ;)
Weather looks like it should be ok. But will post in the morning.

Blackbird
21st July 2008, 08:14
At present, the roads are swimming here due to another torrential downpour. There is some blue appearing here but looks pretty murky down the coast.

Devil
21st July 2008, 08:47
CHeers. Let us know how it's looking around 10. I'll be leaving here at 10:20am ish if it's all ok!
021 414 194

Blackbird
21st July 2008, 08:54
CHeers. Let us know how it's looking around 10. I'll be leaving here at 10:20am ish if it's all ok!
021 414 194

Now blue skies but roads wet. Will update in an hour or a bit less. 021 0269 2637

Mrs Busa Pete
21st July 2008, 09:03
[
QUOTE=The Stranger;1652546]Thanks Devil, can I come.

Oh - doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

:hug:

1Yeah Noel, no dodgy buggers.

Don't you mean dodgy old buggers

kevfromcoro
21st July 2008, 09:10
Road is a bit wet..as long as there is no more rain looks like a good day for a ride....
May meet u guys at kopu.
Having trouble starting my bike....
anyone tried starting a XR 600....
need muscles in ya shit to kick it over

Blackbird
21st July 2008, 09:34
Yep, looks like the rain has passed but roads showing no signs of drying yet as it's quite cool. Will make my decision as late as possible.

When I rode clockwise to Tairua last week, the road was a bit green in places between Tairua and Whitianga so a little discretion required. Halfway up the eastern side of the Coro Hill, there's a slimy band where the water has been trickling across the road almost continuously for 2-3 weeks. The bottom of the Hill on the western side near the 15 km/hr sign is also slippery as it doesn't get the sun at this time of year.

Here endeth the road report.:msn-wink:

Devil
21st July 2008, 09:59
Cheers. I'll be leaving here by 10:30.

Devil
21st July 2008, 19:23
Well, I survived. I had a great blat by myself! (pikers :bye:)

Got rained on heading down there, but only a couple of spits while doing the loop, but blue sky most of the time and a mainly dry road! Was pretty windy in places though.

I loves my ktm. Such sharp handling, awesome brakes and suspension. Plus plenty of poke! With the standard exhausts I never notice how fast i'm going because I cant hear the bike. Looked down a couple of times to find myself going just a little too quick!
Plus, after giving it a good thrash round the loop, i still got 21km/L. Then 25km/L on the way home!

Taz
22nd July 2008, 08:58
I was also down that way yesterday. Had thought about coming on the loop with you but Cary and I went and found some gravel roads instead. We didn't get any rain but you're right about the wind.
Andy.