PDA

View Full Version : Freddy's disc's were art thou?

Jizza
18th July 2008, 22:29
Does anyone know how to contact the guy from FGB or freddy's disc's in Waihi?

Squiggles
19th July 2008, 00:38
After rotors for the rvf?

klyong82
19th July 2008, 10:23
Graham Cornes
FGB
Power Motorcycles
Waihi
021 616295

Not sure if he is still in business or not. His websites aren't working

Warr
19th July 2008, 10:56
Customers not always 100% satisfied, so if you are buying you'd want a watertight guarantee.

From my experience :violin: you get what you pay for. Disc's arent just a hunk of round steel, they are a specalised piece of engineering that dont come cheap.
Use eBay to locate some 2nd handies :)

klyong82
19th July 2008, 12:23
Yes try sourcing some second hand ones from ebay....I am sure for the RVF - rotors off the early CBR900 and VTR1000 will fit. I bought a second hand pair for my CBR900 for NZ$65 including postage. Ebay can be good for deals.

imdying
19th July 2008, 14:25
Second hand discs? You pack of tight bastards... FFS, what's a couple of discs for an RVF worth? A grand? This is the pointy end of the bike... good brakes are as important as anything else on the bike. You can spend a grand on an exhaust pretty easy, and there's a lot more love to be had from good brakes.

sinfull
19th July 2008, 14:35
Second hand discs? You pack of tight bastards... FFS, what's a couple of discs for an RVF worth? A grand? This is the pointy end of the bike... good brakes are as important as anything else on the bike. You can spend a grand on an exhaust pretty easy, and there's a lot more love to be had from good brakes.

+1 with 8 more chrs

1 Free Man
19th July 2008, 14:38
:yes: Got to agree with that statement that's for sure. If they (second hand disks) were any good wouldn't they still be on the bike?????:doh:

Squiggles
19th July 2008, 15:26

less http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VTR1000-Superhawk-VTR-1000-Galfer-Front-Wave-Rotors_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ370013701621

I believe the suggestion was more pointed towards getting quality disks, rather than ones that will warp for a minor saving

klyong82
19th July 2008, 18:02
Well in my case I bought second hands ones as they were cheap for temporary use till I saved enough for a set of EBC Pro-lite.

Jizza
19th July 2008, 18:20
I've got brand new fronts but was looking for a rear. RVF400 only interchanges with VFR400, NC30. I thought MC28 SSSA NSR250 might fit but no :no: RC45 fits but has a much larger diameter. Hence trying to track down FGB as he had some advertised on trade me while and wanted to know if he still had one. Cheers to the dude who had his number :not:

terbang
19th July 2008, 19:05
:yes: Got to agree with that statement that's for sure. If they (second hand disks) were any good wouldn't they still be on the bike?????:doh:

Uh well, no, not entirely correct. I once picked up some second hand parts, including rotors, at a good price from a 1 month old bike that had done only 800k. It wan´t even run in...
The Bike had been written off...