PDA

View Full Version : Joe Satriani

Naki Rat
20th July 2008, 00:19
It's true what they say about Joe, he is God on a guitar. Just got in from his New Plymouth gig and his ability is absolutely unbelieveable, and he just totally loves performing.

Truly brilliant concert :Punk:

Mikkel
20th July 2008, 01:59
A god on a guitar. :yes:

There are more than one god in that pantheon. I'm glad you enjoyed the concert - I really had wanted to be there, but it didn't pan out. :(

trumpy
20th July 2008, 10:34
This concert was Satriani gold. Loved every minute of it, even if it will take a couple of days for my ears to recover.
Glen Hughes and Vernon Reid were a pretty good listen too. Chalk one up for the old guys!

Winston001
21st July 2008, 00:03
I'm insanely jealous. Good on you for going, I'd have loved to see Satriani perform. Just have to live with my G3 DVDS...... :D

DarkLord
21st July 2008, 13:20
I'm jealous too. I love Satch. Did he play Starry Night? I :love::love::love: that song.

Naki Rat
21st July 2008, 16:24
I'm jealous too. I love Satch. Did he play Starry Night? I :love::love::love: that song.

Can't say I recall that song but he pretty much covered the same selection as on the Live in San Frasncisco album. Flying In A Blue Dream was other worldly, Surfing With The Alien, Always With Me, Always With You, The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing - all brilliant. And Satch with both hands (and his teeth on one occasion) climbing all over the guitar, grinning like a man possessed.

Farken magic :clap:

trumpy
21st July 2008, 18:56
Farken magic :clap:

+++++!

Only downside was there was only 1.5hrs of Satriani. Would have happily missed out on one or two others (like the fretless guitar thingy) and had a full 3 hour dose of the Master.

Big ups :niceone:to New Plymouth Council and Venture Taranaki for the festival, even with other sponsors it must have cost them a bomb. Take note other councils.

Did anyone go to the Friday night concert? I wanted to see Gilbey Clarke but could only manage one concert and I really wanted my 15 year old wannabee rockstar son to see Satriani - needless to say he was, shall we say, "suitably impressed" (ie. it was about 3:00am before he was wound down enough to actually go to sleep)