PDA

View Full Version : AMCC Buckets Round 1 Report

Pumba
20th July 2008, 21:41
Right I am crap at these sort of things but thought I would give it a nudge after having such a great weekend, the weekend started on Saturday (they tend to do that). It was raining when I got up so I didn’t rush out to the track but still managed to turn up at about 10 where I was greeted by a pretty wet track, one other bucket, and a few of the mini moto guys.

I should mention about this stage the last meeting I had a few issues that I had diagnosed as a fuelling issue and had borrowed a carb that had appeared to solve the issue.

I pulled the bike down off the ute, geared up and proceeded to try and get the dam thing started. Well I pushed it round the car park for a while; exhausted myself, no fire. Managed to rope in a pusher or two, no go. Words were spoken that if posted that could result in an infraction.

I figured at about this stage was possibly a good time to call it quits before I decided to drive to the nearest cliff and throw it off, I gave a mate a call with more 2 stroke knowledge than me and decided to take it to his place and have a look at.

It was at about this stage the John Conner stepped in and decided that the issue I and this decided it was an electrickery issue (spelling intentional), we looked it over and cleaned the points, changed the spark plug and decided to give it another go. Pulled it down off the ute, went to push start it and it fired up after about 5 steps, AWSOME, gear back on and out for a bit of practise, quite a few laps down all going well. Pull into the pits, grab a drink and decided to go back out, another two laps down all going well until the clip on bar decides to part company with the clamp just as I am tipping into the sweeper, therefore proving that so so fix’s on your handlebars from the last time you dropped the bike don’t work. Decided to call it a day at that stage but I was feeling good about making it through my first points meeting.

Sunday. Slept in, but still managed to be at the track by 9.40am, just as well it is pretty laid back around here.

Pulled the bike off the ute and learning my lesson from the day before decided to warm the bike up BEFORE putting my gear on. About this stage the heavens decided to open, with just a bit of hail thrown in. With the track looking more suitable for jet skies the scooter boys decided to pull the pin, but we bucketers carried on. Practise session was successful, enough said. B grade prelim race 1 went well, nothing exciting.

About this stage my day went on a rollercoaster ride, tried to get the bike running for the second prelim race, same issue as the day before F#$K!!

So out comes the plug, off comes the point cover bit of cleaning, back together, but this time it doesn’t work and it still wont start, prelim race 2 starts. We test the spark but it still seems weak, and I have run out of new plugs, I manage to track down a bottle of meths, gave the plug a clean, and inlist the help of some new pushers (my old ones are getting a bit tired by this stage) and we have ignition. Time for Race 1.

I get out to the start line, a bit nervous, flag drops, good start, get past a few people, I lock into a good little tussle with a couple of other bike, possibly showing my inexperience when in pack traffic, all going well and I zone in on getting past the FXR in front of me (Shelracing). I managed to get up the inside once but then managed to have the door shut in my face in which I saw all the effort of the previous couple of lap’s disappear, anyway, I was just starting to get back close to him when the leaders started lapping, second place come through on the inside, im ok with that, he gets in front of me just before the sweeper, im ok with that, he manages to use a bit to much brake on the inside dirty line and washes out the front putting right in front of me, im NOT ok with that, no where to go apart from down, crap, bugger, bother. Im ok, bikes still ok, it fires and I finish the race. Not happy, but not unhappy either.

Second race. The bike show its attitude again and decides not to fire, we do a quick plug clean but doesn’t work this time, not enough time to fix it, crap going to miss the race. John Conner steps in again and throws a bike in my direction and tells me to get out and race it, Sweet.

Nothing really exciting or spectacular to report in race two, I was more interested in making sure I didn’t damage the bike so the rider could use it in the following race, task done, points on the board, time to go home.

Photos below, no coments, it is perfictly clear in a few of them I am not looking through the corner properly as I should. I plead inexperience.

Pumba
20th July 2008, 21:45
Some more photos, same coments as before

Pumba
20th July 2008, 21:47
and one more time

Pumba
20th July 2008, 21:50
The Busa's have also thrown up some more phots here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1654283#post1654283)

Lightning
20th July 2008, 21:58
Good report, apart from the weather sounds like a decent ride.

boostin
21st July 2008, 07:53
Nice one, it was tough going out there in the wet races. Cheers for the photo, thats me on #54 in Bgrade.

Will have to come say gidday next month.

Buckets4Me
21st July 2008, 19:44
there was a Hail storm which left the grass looking more like an ice scating rink and the track was underwater when it started to dry out there was a lot of mud clay left behind

but the day was resonably dry apart from a shower for the last 1 1/2 races

Pumba
22nd July 2008, 18:07
Nice one, it was tough going out there in the wet races. Cheers for the photo, thats me on #54 in Bgrade.

Will have to come say gidday next month.

Glad I could help out with the photo, will defently come say hello next meet.

That is one thing I have been really impresed about is that everyone in the pits is happy to talk with anyone, makes it so much easier when you are a noob rocking along to these things.

Buckets4Me
22nd July 2008, 18:59
was that you on #23 a Kawaka Yama sorta thing
??????????

Pumba
22nd July 2008, 21:44
was that you on #23 a Kawaka Yama sorta thing
??????????

Yea thats me

$CENSLS1$
25th July 2008, 18:42
Had a crapper of a weekend..3 offs on Saturday, finished off with a nasty hi side.Left me feeling bloody sore with a broken bike.Thanks to John Conner for the new master cylinder, however was far too sore to get back on the bike for Sunday's racing although I would have loved to have been out there!
Hope it was some good racing for those who ended up competing on the Sunday, lucky buggers :oi-grr:

Trudes
25th July 2008, 19:37
:scooter::woohoo::2thumbsup

speedpro
25th July 2008, 19:56
#23 eh. You aren't hoping something rubs off from the other #23?? Speed perhaps?? All you are likely to have rub off from Gary would be paint I would think.

gav
26th July 2008, 11:52
Yea thats me
I notice you don't seem to have a lot of travel left in your forks? You running any spacer etc in them?

Pumba
26th July 2008, 21:02
#23 eh. You aren't hoping something rubs off from the other #23?? Speed perhaps?? All you are likely to have rub off from Gary would be paint I would think.

Yea, hmm. I knew knowing my luck by picking a number at somewhat random I would end up treading on someones toes. I will have to change that before the next meeting.

I notice you don't seem to have a lot of travel left in your forks? You running any spacer etc in them?

Yea the forks have got a stack of old 10 cent coins in the top of the but the springs are far to soft. Makes the handeling rather interesting givent that the springs on the rear suspension are hard as rock.

F5 Dave
28th July 2008, 10:30
Preload won't really help. Stiffer springs will. Or if real careful can shorten the springs to stiffen them, do a search on KB to find threads on it. works well, but have to engage brain.

speedpro
28th July 2008, 23:03
Don't worry about the number. You are in seperate classes, for the moment.

Pumba
29th July 2008, 12:47
Don't worry about the number. You are in seperate classes, for the moment.

Yea not panicing, but will get round to it at some stage.

Pumba
29th July 2008, 12:52
Well over the weekend I decided to have a look at a few things and see if me and a mate could figure the issues out.

Got the fly wheel off and discovered a broken magnet (I am sure that is not helping) and the points are absolutly rooted (deffently not helping).:bash:

xwhatsit
29th July 2008, 14:51
Kewl! Is that at Mt Wellington kart track? Next time I'll stop by. Bucketing is on my to-do list.

Buckets4Me
29th July 2008, 17:36
All meets are held at the Mt Wellington Kart Track located at 28 to 38 Tainui Road, off Morrin Road, Mt Wellington.

* 19/20 July - Round 1 08/09 Season :buggerd:
* 16/17 August - Round 2 08/09 Season :2thumbsup
* 20/21 September - Round 3 08/09 Season
* 11/12 October - Round 4 08/09 Season
* 15/16 November - 2 Hour Endurance Race 08/09 Season
* 20/21 December - Non Points Fun Day

or look at AMCC.co.nz
Edit/Delete Message

Buckets4Me
29th July 2008, 17:37
* 20/21 December - Non Points Fun Day:2thumbsup

* 20/21 December - Non Points Fun Day:banana:

* 20/21 December - Non Points Fun Day:hug:

make sure you are there for the day with as much gear as you have
if you dont have a bike someone WILL lend you theirs

just look around looking lost and talk to lotsa people
let them know you want to give it a go but havent found a bike yet

ps I still have a honda cb125 single for sale
just needs a little tlc to get it ready again $250
pm me

Pumba
29th July 2008, 20:10
Man, with a post like that you really are bored:shutup:

Buckets4Me
30th July 2008, 07:12
lol and it is still 2+ weeks till the next round

boostin
30th July 2008, 17:02
Anyone know usually how long it takes to get the results up on the site?

Buckets4Me
30th July 2008, 21:09
normaly 1-2 weeks but sometimes a long time :spanking: sometimes a
few days :niceone: