PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon at Mercer.....

clmintie
20th July 2008, 22:23
Awesome day out for us... I've never seen a track so wet, but still quite ridable. Grace had her baptism of fire today at the Pukekohe MX club day and she not only had a ball, but I thought she looked pretty good. Thanks to all the people who made today happen, it can't have been a hell of a lot fun at times, standing in torrential rain, while being covered in large amounts of 'track'. I bet the cafe truck did well......

Below are pics of Grace... I'll put up a few more of other riders, when we've cleaned up a bit.....

Boosted
21st July 2008, 14:52
thats really good seeing her out there :) good on her and you..... won't see to many girls who would want to ride in conditions like that haha

oldguy
21st July 2008, 18:19
Well done Grace:niceone: her group went out on the track during that big down pour, she did real well.
Looks like someone is going to become a mechanic/ coach/ sponsor, you wont get much time to take any pics, as you will be too busy.

Danger
21st July 2008, 18:51
Looks a bit like the Berm Buster this past weekend.

oldguy
21st July 2008, 19:15
Here some I took, I was Flagging on the mini track, but watching the action on the main track, a few bikes went down in this corner and a few got stuck just trying to make it to the corner, they would come charging though the mud coming up to the corner, you could see the bikes start to slow up. then all of a sudden stop, sometimes, the riders would just fall over, look so funny.

clmintie
21st July 2008, 19:42
Here are a few more, it really was a little damp..... :whistle:

clmintie
21st July 2008, 19:56
More from the Jacques Cousteau school of MX....

clmintie
21st July 2008, 19:59
glub glub glub

chr184
21st July 2008, 20:20
hey du you have any foto's of me at merca im number 184 on a cr125
if you do could you please send them to mad_4_motox_125@hotmail.com

cheers

clmintie
21st July 2008, 23:19
hey du you have any foto's of me at merca im number 184 on a cr125
if you do could you please send them to mad_4_motox_125@hotmail.com

cheers

Yup, sent a couple, check your mail.....

Phil.

takitimu
22nd July 2008, 08:49
More from the Jacques Cousteau school of MX....

That middle one is superb, great shot on what looks a pretty tough day on the track.

ricey
22nd July 2008, 10:32
Hey clmintie, cheers for the pics of Ricey jnr. Pretty happy with the way he rode, Paxton and Carl had the top 5 fastest times for the day on 125's, only beaten by the 450's

After seeing your camera at the end of the day, I'm kind of glad I left mine at home. Come and grab one of my lenses next time we are at the same track.

BTW all you folks who moaned about the conditions should harden up, look at what Coops just did by learning in our conditions.

scott411
22nd July 2008, 10:44
BTW all you folks who moaned about the conditions should harden up, look at what Coops just did by learning in our conditions.

i was moaning, my shoes got wrecked and i went though 2 sets of clothes, ;)

ricey
22nd July 2008, 10:58
i was moaning, my shoes got wrecked and i went though 2 sets of clothes, ;)

you should take your gumboots out with you when you go out the night before you dirty little stop out!

Ktmboy
22nd July 2008, 11:02
Ahhhh... yes wet sand.

Young Ricey junior is a regular at The Sandpit and has learn't to ride in a variety of conditions as well as regulars the likes of NZ junior champ Ethan Martens (remember the mud at Otorohanga).

I'm not saying that we are responsible for their success, infact far from it as that comes from their work ethic and the dedication from their families and sponsors. What is obvious is that if you train on knarly, shitty tracks then when you are confronted with such in a race situation then this becomes second nature.
What is also obvious is that probably 60% of the tracks in Europe have a fair amount of sand in them and the whoops, become huge. The people that practice on those and master them have a good chance of becoming a world champ.
Probably why our little MX track doesn't get groomed every week as the good riders love it like that. Three laps for me is enough though.

So, if you want to become better, practice on the hardest shitiest tracks you can find.

Rachel770
22nd July 2008, 16:24
Hey Clmintie :]

thanks for the photo
Grace was riding really good too I watched one of her races .

Cyaa

clmintie
22nd July 2008, 19:18
Hey clmintie, cheers for the pics of Ricey jnr. Pretty happy with the way he rode, Paxton and Carl had the top 5 fastest times for the day on 125's, only beaten by the 450's

After seeing your camera at the end of the day, I'm kind of glad I left mine at home. Come and grab one of my lenses next time we are at the same track.

Wow, cool offer... thanks Ricey. Good to finally meet you. My camera's nice and clean again, took a while though....

sdotmac
23rd July 2008, 08:49
Great day, I was geared up for the third round, but scotty pulled the pin! Nice work starting the gate jumpers backwards scotty!

Climate, any picks of 305 and 169? My mate was riding my kxf-169 for the first time at mercer and he did surpising well in the tricky situations....305 is a yamie.

scott411
23rd July 2008, 08:53
Great day, I was geared up for the third round, but scotty pulled the pin! Nice work starting the gate jumpers backwards scotty!

Climate, any picks of 305 and 169? My mate was riding my kxf-169 for the first time at mercer and he did surpising well in the tricky situations....305 is a yamie.

welcome to Kiwibiker Hollywood,

clmintie
23rd July 2008, 15:55

Not this time, sorry....... I did see you a couple of times, but alas, no clicky clicky.......... Will make sure next time.....

telliman
23rd July 2008, 16:07
Not this time, sorry....... I did see you a couple of times, but alas, no clicky clicky.......... Will make sure next time.....

sounds like you need your own little website mate, you generating a bit of interest around the place!

clmintie
24th July 2008, 18:17
sounds like you need your own little website mate, you generating a bit of interest around the place!

Yeah, might have to, this place is a little too "adult" for a lot of the riders I photograph. (I mean the junior MX kids) I can't tell them to visit here to look at their pics, I don't let my 12yr olds on KB either......... A recent post on bike transport simply confirms my thoughts........... NOT cool............

Nicola W
29th July 2008, 16:57
Great photos! :D I love the splash sprays!

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while so missed your message. See my pm.

We are running the mini meeting at Tokoroa this Sunday 3rd August so I reckon I may have a few photos with splash sprays! (If I dare get the camera out) :scratch: