PDA

View Full Version : Your help needed today w.r.t. my bike!

xwhatsit
21st July 2008, 11:53
Hello chaps,

I'm back from Aus, came in Saturday. Picked up my old CB250RS today from Holeshot after a hassle regarding invoices and insurance people. After half an hour of kicking and carb-draining and spark plug swapping I got her fired up.

Tank looks a treat, thank-you.

The trick is to keep it that way. Bars will touch the tank at full lock -- and I left my little bracket that reduces the steering lock at home. I've already made a little mark on the RHS of the tank that I'm kicking myself about.

I've parked at the front of the underground carpark. Please don't move my bike, touch the handlebars, fuck around with it at all. I've tied a rag around the bars where they touch, and left a spark plug spanner in the steering lock to hold it open, but it's not foolproof.

So if you could all do me a favour by not gouging my brand-new paintwork, I'd be much obliged.

Cheers fellas! Look forward to riding with you guys again soon.

-Tom

jrandom
21st July 2008, 12:02
I have a 50x2m roll of bubble wrap and lots of duct tape.

WHO'S WITH ME?

Squiggles
21st July 2008, 16:35

WHO'S WITH ME?

keen, drop it off tomorrow at midday :D

klyong82
21st July 2008, 16:41
keen, drop it off tomorrow at midday :D

I think I might be able to find a few bottles of glittering dust from the Arts and Design building to complement the bubble wrap...:clap:

TOTO
21st July 2008, 20:30
you could always buy a tankpad and cut it in half and stick it where the bars touch.

Saw it today on the traffic lights on the side of the tank of a guy on a VFR. He didnt look unhappy....

Hanne
21st July 2008, 21:49
Or glad wrap. 200m of it from pack 'n' save, can't go wrong :P:P
I think they do make mouldy bits for tank sides too ( my tank pad came with extra 'bits and blobs')

xwhatsit
21st July 2008, 22:17
Hahaha. Got bike home unharmed. Need to fab something up to modify the steering lock -- I've got the bars where I want them, and they're still touching with what I was using before.

I'd like tank knee pads, like on a Bonnie etc.

motorbyclist
21st July 2008, 22:50
xerxses, was that you i saw today with a young asian lady carrying a helmet of her own?

where do you (and isaac) get them? wouldn't mind one myself:shifty::mobile:

maybe it's kim hooking you guys up with his triads connections....

WHO'S WITH ME?

sounds like a plan :D

BANZAI
21st July 2008, 22:55
xerxses, was that you i saw today with a young asian lady carrying a helmet of her own?

where do you (and isaac) get them? wouldn't mind one myself:shifty::mobile:

Really? I got same lecture as him this sem but I didnt see him with any asian lady...

Hmmm wish I had yakuza connection :laugh:

jrandom
21st July 2008, 23:05
Pfft. Having an Asian girlfriend is cheating.

BANZAI
21st July 2008, 23:25
Pfft. Having an Asian girlfriend is cheating.

Haha for white guys maybe? Whatbout Asian guy have white girlfriend? :p

klyong82
21st July 2008, 23:44

Anything you want.....hooked up to custom specification...just leave my girl alone...

xwhatsit
21st July 2008, 23:58
My lips are sealed :shutup:

That'd be Miss X. She's good on the back of a bike: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=67756

She's very fond of the wee RS, truth be told. That's where we were going -- sushi from Queen St, then up to the Domain for a little reacquaintance pootle. Took her for a ride on Daisy when I was borrowing her (GiJoe1313's RZ250), she wasn't very impressed. Likes the 250RS -- thinks it looks gorgeous (hey, can't speak for everybody's tastes -- she does think I'm good looking too I suppose :laugh:), and likes the comfortable pillion seat and general ride and feel. Won't make the usual comment on single-cylinder vibes :shifty:

Jeaves
22nd July 2008, 17:30
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=67756

nice read that :niceone:

2wheeljunkie
22nd July 2008, 21:00
I'd like tank knee pads, like on a Bonnie etc.

thaT wud be sweet on yer bike mate..i like those pads ehh!