PDA

View Full Version : Video: Why I wear a full-face

Romeo
21st July 2008, 20:44
Faceplant at 40kph+ with an open-face helmet. Exactly the reason why I wear a full face.

Why his scooter snapped in half I'll never know.<!-- Actually, I do know. He pops a "lift the slack out of the fork"-ie and it snaps at the neck, burn -->

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/c0a_1216580513"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/c0a_1216580513" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Yeah, I don't really care about your freedom to wear an openface. Do what you want but don't expect me to pay for your facial reconstruction.

scumdog
21st July 2008, 21:52
And I drive a solid car - so don't expect ME to pay for your metal pins, hand reconstruction etc.

It's all a matter of risk assesment, accepting consequences etc...

Meekey_Mouse
21st July 2008, 22:00
Does the bike snap in half?!?!?!!

jrandom
21st July 2008, 22:13
don't expect ME to pay for your metal pins, hand reconstruction

You already have.

You all already have.

Thank you.

:D

(I still can't bend my left thumb in the middle, but oddly enough, I've discovered that I don't really need to.)

Swoop
22nd July 2008, 08:57
Why his scooter snapped in half I'll never know.
GSXR frame?:crazy:

Mikkel
22nd July 2008, 11:37
Ouch - that would sting a bit :shit:

I'm very pleased that I was wearing a full-face helmet when I came off my 250 :yes:

dino3310
22nd July 2008, 11:55
i'll never wear a open faced helmet after seeing a picture of a guy on rotten.com who canned of at open road speed's' it show's him on a hospital bed with half his face missing:shit:, you can see down his throat and right up his nose. he was still alive, farkin ouch:sick:

scumdog
22nd July 2008, 11:59
i'll never wear a open faced helmet after seeing a picture of a guy on rotten.com who canned of at open road speed's' it show's him on a hospital bed with half his face missing:shit:, you can see down his throat and right up his nose. he was still alive, farkin ouch:sick:

Yep, there's a local guy just like that - face-planted the gravel road.

Drools when he drinks and his eyes ain't level.

But where do you draw the line when it comes to safety - body armour, full face, air-bag jacket, flouro vests, ABS etc etc - where will it end?

And a thought: ALL the motor-bike fatals I went to involved people wearing full-faced helmets....maybe THEY are dangerous??

BMW_RACER
22nd July 2008, 13:29
You already have.

You all already have.

Thank you.

No I havent.