PDA

View Full Version : When fun was fun

mangell6
11th January 2005, 21:01
Some may have seen this, but a reminder of what riding is really about.

From ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29723)

Remember what we whine about now, suspension, little bit of mud, oh dear. :ride:

StoneChucker
11th January 2005, 22:01
I have to say that is impressive, and nostalgic! It's amazing how riding on average has changed! I get an unconscious urge to grab a toothbrush and kerosene while just looking at some of those pictures.

Thinking about it, in 30 + years the pictures I have of my riding, will seem quite trivial in comparison. They will still bring back the fond memories of biking and such related activities though.

riffer
12th January 2005, 06:28

Remember what we whine about now, suspension, little bit of mud, oh dear. :ride:

That was just great. :2thumbsup

Thanks Mike.

Riff Raff
12th January 2005, 07:07
Fabulous - warmed the cockles of my heart and all that. Makes you realise how important it is to take photos of rides - at least when we become old farts we'll have something to be nostalgic about....

Skunk
12th January 2005, 07:50

Remember what we whine about now, suspension, little bit of mud, oh dear. :ride:Excellent stuff. Thanks for the link.
What a bunch of wimps we are today... :baby:

MSTRS
12th January 2005, 08:05
Brilliant. Of course, I did say in another thread that in the old days we did have it tough. Believe me now? :no:

Motu
12th January 2005, 08:25
That was from a couple of years ago,they were getting huge hits from it and membership just about doubled,it was all over the net.The Webers are cool dudes,they have made their own bike,ride trials bikes in their house and one rides a waterbucket.As for the previous generation,wow,they really got into it.

Blakamin
12th January 2005, 08:34
And you especially wont see todays H-D owner trying any of that!!!
(or me)

Hitcher
12th January 2005, 10:28
At least when we become old farts we'll have something to be nostalgic about...
Speak for yourself...

XTC
23rd January 2005, 19:09
That was cool. How many harley guys would do that now?? Some of that would have made me think twice on my YZF...

Motu
23rd January 2005, 20:14
Back in the early 70s we took a guy on an army Indian with us trail riding - in those days just a huge hunk of vacant land at St Johns,off Remuera rd,those were the days,off road riding in the inner city! He couldn't come with us through muddy creeks and steep hills,but just puttered about the paddocks - the foot clutch was a real problem,kinda hard to put your left foot down and work the clutch at the same time.Getting as seriously off road as those guys did with a foot clutch is pretty good going.