PDA

View Full Version : G'day

Big Dave
11th January 2005, 23:25
So imagine you grew up riding motorcycles in Sydney. You were riding mini bikes since you could walk, and your leisure, play, sport and fun was strictly 2 wheeled - right into your middle age.

Imagine you've toured all over the wide, brown, flat, straight-roaded continent and seen great expanses of......nothing. Vast emptiness, oh! some great sections of road, and some of it separated by a thousand kilometers. Some nice mountains, some wonderful valleys to ride and lots of nada in between.

Then imagine your lovely wife of 20 years gets a gig in Auckland and you pack up your Thunderbird and worldly goods and relocate to the City of Sails. Sight unseen.

Imagine the look on your face the first time you punted that well sorted beauty down State Highway 22 to Raglan for the first time, or the Trophy you customised around the Coromandel, or through the Paraparas or over Arthur's Pass or along the Milford road.

Imagine how many times you'd get off the bike and say 'F*** Me - that is an amazing road'.

Imagine how many true and loyal friends you'd make in the riding groups and clubs.

Imagine what it's like being an Aussie in this country and being able to tell you blokes what a fantastic place it is to be a Biker without being all self conscious and humble about the beauty of these Islands and their people.

Imagine things go so well in your adopted home that you are listed on the inside back cover of the National motorcycle journal as a 'Motorcycle tester' and 'Touring Correspondent'.

Nah - couldn't happen. But just in case it could, here's the pictures:

www.davidcohen.co.nz and select 'Rider's View'.

Hello, thank you and I'm looking forward to giving Jimmy 'White Trash' some shite.

DD
Double Jafaa

LB
12th January 2005, 04:52
Hi DD - welcome to the site. Might get to meet up with you in the Sth Island in March? (I'm a mate of MC's)

Riff Raff
12th January 2005, 06:44
Welcome to KB. :spudwave: New Zealand has got some fantabulous roads for bikes - glad you're out there enjoying them - don't forget to skite to all your Aussie mates!!!! ;)

wari
12th January 2005, 06:51
YEah ... butt ... haveya seen onof these befurr ... :moon:

G'day mate (AUstraliyin furr g'day mate) ... :spudwave:

GOod to have ya hear just quietly ... :yeah:

White trash
12th January 2005, 07:21
Hello, thank you and I'm looking forward to giving Jimmy 'White Trash' some shite.

Just remember, big guy, trash gives as good as he gets.

Good to have ya here anyway, enjoy.

:2thumbsup

vifferman
12th January 2005, 07:21
Greetings, Mr Cohen! :spudwave:

sels1
12th January 2005, 07:44
Welcome aboard. Nice pics on your site. Another Aussie eh.....

Firefight
12th January 2005, 08:10
hey dd, welcome, did I see you in main street of pukekohe the other day ?

F/F :cool:

Blakamin
12th January 2005, 08:38
spose ya drink toohey??????
:apint: VB is the way to go...
what did the mrs do that was so bad they made her leave the country????
just kidding

welcome, just a shame you're not Victorian....

Joni
12th January 2005, 08:42
Hello...
Welcome! An interesting collection of people here on KB, Im sure you will enjoy!
:yes:

Ms Piggy
12th January 2005, 09:08
Welcome along! Glad to hear you raving about this little country of ours :wavey:

Big Dave
12th January 2005, 10:21
hey dd, welcome, did I see you in main street of pukekohe the other day ?

F/F :cool:

Probably - en route to raglan - damn I love that road.
dd

Hitcher
12th January 2005, 10:25
Welcome Dave. Enjoy the fun and games.

I am a keen Kiwi Rider reader, as I am for most other kiwi and Aussie bike mags, and have enjoyed some of your contributions.

KR is a frustrating read, so I hope the "revamp" kicks it in the right direction. The magazine editor in me would love to get his hands on it...

Big Dave
12th January 2005, 10:47
Welcome Dave. Enjoy the fun and games.

I am a keen Kiwi Rider reader, as I am for most other kiwi and Aussie bike mags, and have enjoyed some of your contributions.

KR is a frustrating read, so I hope the "revamp" kicks it in the right direction. The magazine editor in me would love to get his hands on it...

Thank you. The guys take it on the chin too. Eyeryone does their 'darndest' (What am I? Bill f'n Crosby) to make it perfect. Promise - the errors in the mag are not through lack of effort, more the resources dictated by the size of the marketplace.

&FWIW I supply material to KR, Trader and BRM and have good working relations with all of them. I'm not on any 'KR crusade' - but I do have access and want to use 'my powers for good'.

taa
darth cohen

magnum
17th January 2005, 18:28
hello and welcome :cool:

inlinefour
27th January 2005, 01:42
welcome and enjoy :bleh:

Slim
27th January 2005, 07:58
Huh. Check that out! There's a shot of me & my bike in opening frame of the Hamilton Toy Run video! Must be Karma that you ended up here then. :D

Welcome. :)

thehollowmen
27th January 2005, 08:03
welcome to the madhouse
awesome site, and I hope you get a lot to add to it from scenes that we kiwis take for granted.

Dodgyiti
27th January 2005, 08:19
Hey welcome, and enjoy
Great photography so far, see you out there :wavey:

Fryin Finn
27th January 2005, 08:23
Hi Dave - we met on the capital coast adventure ride 2 years ago - I was riding the Honda Firebug (XR650) hence my nick name. Coincidentilly caught up with Linda Blair on the same ride after 20 years. Have fun on this site. :banana:

Sparky Bills
27th January 2005, 08:36
NICE INTRO DUDE!
Welcome!

duckman
27th January 2005, 08:43
Hello sir and welcome to the madness....

Gosh - Your just about a motorcycle celebrity .... :2thumbsup

See you on the road fella.

Coyote
27th January 2005, 08:48
You do relise once you enter this site You Can Never Leave

Big Dave
27th January 2005, 23:33
Huh. Check that out! There's a shot of me & my bike in opening frame of the Hamilton Toy Run video! Must be Karma that you ended up here then. :D

Welcome. :)

I'm always calm!

They are good days, eh. Everyone is way cool and into it - regardless of the fact they are in a voluntary traffic jam.
I try and do as many, and 'beat 'em up' best i can.
A, because it balances the karma of all the piss i take at the ulysses club's expense.
and b, cause it is the right thing to do.

Today I was informed I'm covering the Westpac ride for the mag on the 13th (innit?) - Big, hairy and I'll have a KR shirt on, so come and thrust yourself in front of the camera again.

Stick wif me an' i'll make youse stars kids.

bd

Big Dave
27th January 2005, 23:42
welcome to the madhouse
awesome site, and I hope you get a lot to add to it from scenes that we kiwis take for granted.

I do, err i will, yes - you're right - I do think you guys get a bit immune to it all.
I have it - You should all be made go and live somewhere ugly for a while, somewhere where there are no hills, no azure sea, no glorious panorama, where all the roads are straight, and ALL the 'plods' are bent.

oooh, that's starting to sound like a Poison or Def Leppard chorus, damn.

bd

Big Dave
27th January 2005, 23:48
You do relise once you enter this site You Can Never Leave

I see you, mr champion of the known universe. when the time is right i will challenge.

the big man is no stranger to triumph. or harley.

bd

Big Dave
27th January 2005, 23:55
Hello sir and welcome to the madness....

Gosh - Your just about a motorcycle celebrity .... :2thumbsup

See you on the road fella.

Tamaki brothers who? Wadda you mean just about. (I'm a quite big guy - 6'5", 116 - but that ol' ego is a 8XL.)
Cheers
bd

Big Dave
28th January 2005, 00:00
Like everywhere else I've been in the country, I do feel most welcome, and will do what I can to contribute.
Thanks

bd

Big Dave
28th January 2005, 10:56
Scrambling the list order.
Anarchy - it's all over the place
bd

Slim
28th January 2005, 11:27
Today I was informed I'm covering the Westpac ride for the mag on the 13th (innit?) - Big, hairy and I'll have a KR shirt on, so come and thrust yourself in front of the camera again.

Stick wif me an' i'll make youse stars kids.
Just as I suspected. I'm rostered to work the weekend of 12/13 February, so I won't be there this year. And I'll be in the South Island for this years Hamilton-Cambridge run, which is sort of sad, but not really, if you know what I mean. ;)

You'll have to find someone else to make famous I'm afraid. :bleh:

Big Dave
28th January 2005, 11:43
And I'll be in the South Island for this years Hamilton-Cambridge run, which is sort of sad, but not really, if you know what I mean. ;)

Oh, flippin' tragic. Imagine having to ride around the south island.

I'm totally disappointed that a $3k gearbox blow up on the Trophy and a $3k Work box system upgrade - means I just don't have the coin for the triumph RAT Raid in Nelson, early march.

So don't rub it in OK!

chz
bd

Juan
28th January 2005, 11:56
Drooling over here at your pics... Can't wait to be there to see some of these places.... Oct... seems like years away... :argh:

Slim
28th January 2005, 13:34
Oh, flippin' tragic. Imagine having to ride around the south island.

So don't rub it in OK!
Well .......

The 2 aforementioned weeks which I'm not allowed to talk about any more :sly: , are actually part of the entire calendar month of March being taken as annual leave to tour the entire country on motorcycles with an English friend. :bleh: :banana:

Hell, I haven't had anything longer than a long weekend off in moons. The last time off was Dec 2003 for 3 weeks to have an operation - not exactly a holiday. So it was 10 days off just before Easter 2003 that I actually took a proper holiday.

And I'll rub it in all I like. :yes:

Juan
29th January 2005, 03:27
And I'll rub it in all I like. :yes:

YEAH :rockon: :banana: :yes: