PDA

View Full Version : Fireblade questions:

_intense_
23rd July 2008, 17:36
Hola KBers, Thinking of shifting onto a bigger CBR possibly, and took a Demo ride (Motomart are choice guys! :2thumbs: and loved it ('07 model CBR1000rr) im seeing the odd example, 04 05 etc which look like good deals.
What sorta tank rang ewould i expect (round town and open road) given that im a generally well behaved rider (*ahem*) Any known weaknesses on them? like that "honda cam chain issue" and between the models, what were the differences in each generation?

Thoughts much appreciated.

Marmoot
23rd July 2008, 17:40
Perfectly good bike.
Has one 05 1krr and it still performs flawlessly.
Very easy to ride fast as well as civil.
Can get about 220km easily from a gastank on open road riding, and about 160km if you're commuting in Auckland. My new vtwin only gets 145km as a comparison.

07 model has higher power output, lighter, and more nimble.
But the 05 is already a superbike by any standard and can easily be much more than some mortal human beings can handle.

madbikeboy
23rd July 2008, 20:50
they're just so...

Dull.

But, nice bike, and it'll be super reliable, and Honda's are good.

Deano
23rd July 2008, 20:57
Check out the results

http://www.cliffhanger.org.nz/results/hill2008.htm

Zoolander
24th July 2008, 00:16
I hate when people say they're dull! I think they're a great bike. Maybe some people need to learn to twist the throttle harder. Or stop believing everything they read in the bike mags. Best build quality of the 4 Jap brands too. I see Motomart have the remaining 07's for a great price so if your budget allows I would seriously look at them as you'll get the new bike warranty as well.

madbikeboy
24th July 2008, 08:46
I hate when people say they're dull! I think they're a great bike. Maybe some people need to learn to twist the throttle harder. Or stop believing everything they read in the bike mags. Best build quality of the 4 Jap brands too. I see Motomart have the remaining 07's for a great price so if your budget allows I would seriously look at them as you'll get the new bike warranty as well.

Ridden for myself before reading the bike mags. Was like riding a 600. The throttle thingee on the right bar was twisted until it stopped. Nice build quality though, just not exciting.

Tony.OK
24th July 2008, 11:04
Get the 06/07......or if ya get an 04/05 then change the sprockets to 15t front and 42t rear, will liven it up no end. The 06/07 has slightly different geometry too making it a tad easier to change direction, better front brakes too.
This dull thing is such a media hype, people think that a bike that kicks and bucks with a cunt of a powerband that will highside ya at every chance is a great thing. The truth is all it does is make ya feel like you're going faster than you are.
Funny how all the litre bikes now are much smoother and easier to ride now, Honda's been doin that for years.
Read some GP stuff or SBK and all the top boys are searching for smoothness and better ridability.
Ok rant over.....................:calm:

slowpoke
25th July 2008, 04:23
Get the 06/07......or if ya get an 04/05 then change the sprockets to 15t front and 42t rear, will liven it up no end. The 06/07 has slightly different geometry too making it a tad easier to change direction, better front brakes too.
This dull thing is such a media hype, people think that a bike that kicks and bucks with a cunt of a powerband that will highside ya at every chance is a great thing. The truth is all it does is make ya feel like you're going faster than you are.
Funny how all the litre bikes now are much smoother and easier to ride now, Honda's been doin that for years.
Read some GP stuff or SBK and all the top boys are searching for smoothness and better ridability.
Ok rant over.....................:calm:

Yup, like he said.

Buy any litre bike you like and you are guaranteed a ferkin' quick bike. The 'blade mightn't be the class outright horsepower monster but the concensus amongst most mags is that it's the bike the average rider will be quickest on. If you are moving up from a smaller bike then it's a good choice, not because it's slow which it isn't, but because it will make you look like a better rider than you are. Given the prices on runout stock it's a helluva lot of bike for that money.

klyong82
25th July 2008, 16:14
Hola KBers, Thinking of shifting onto a bigger CBR possibly, and took a Demo ride (Motomart are choice guys! :2thumbs: and loved it ('07 model CBR1000rr) im seeing the odd example, 04 05 etc which look like good deals.
What sorta tank rang ewould i expect (round town and open road) given that im a generally well behaved rider (*ahem*) Any known weaknesses on them? like that "honda cam chain issue" and between the models, what were the differences in each generation?

Thoughts much appreciated.

I ride a 05 model and I get about 170km commuting round town and 220 motorway or open road. Very nice and easy to ride as you would expect of a Honda. I changed the front sprocket from 16 to 15 to make it more exciting. My bike hasn't done that many k's yet but so far no problems at all.....if you can afford it get the 06/07 model as the guys mention there's a bit of updates done to it plus it is lighter too.

Sanx
25th July 2008, 16:25
Loved my '07 Blade. Used it for long rides, track days and as an every day commuter. Put 15,000 kms on it in the first year without a glitch.

One piece of advice though: don't lend it to my dad for a track day at Pukekohe...

boomer
25th July 2008, 16:50
They're alreet if you're gay.

I lol when i hear people defending the model of biek they have..."Don't listen..." ... "it's all a bunch of ..."

ride 'em all and find out for yourself, the honduhs are for fags.

DONE DEAL !

Deano
25th July 2008, 16:55
They're alreet if you're gay.

I lol when i hear people defending the model of biek they have..."Don't listen..." ... "it's all a bunch of ..."

ride 'em all and find out for yourself, the honduhs are for fags.

DONE DEAL !

:clap: Said like a true Gixxer rider.

You sound like a broken record mate - is that to go with your broken frame :bleh:

boomer
25th July 2008, 17:03
:clap: Said like a true Gixxer rider.

You sound like a broken record mate - is that to go with your broken frame :bleh:

Deanos first to step up to the plate, being a pommie, hes thick skinned and prepared to defend his masculinity.. YOU'RE NOT GAY DEANO !!!!

I had a blade, it was gutless; It was built well tho.

Deano
25th July 2008, 17:08
And I bet you haven't tried the 08 CBR thou or have you ?

I shouldn't feed the trolling but couldn't resist. Shit if I thought you were serious I'd suggest a showdown. ;)

boomer
25th July 2008, 17:14
And I bet you haven't tried the 08 CBR thou or have you ?

I shouldn't feed the trolling but couldn't resist. Shit if I thought you were serious I'd suggest a showdown. ;)

i'm not too sure i want to publicly own up to riding a hondah, i've been straight for over 12months now.

a showdown huh.. you on the 400 and me on the 1k...???

Gremlin
25th July 2008, 18:40
The truth is all it does is make ya feel like you're going faster than you are.
You're correct and all... but in my case at least, thats actually something I want... I want more fun less speed.... If I can get my jollies at 120 instead of 160, yes please, sign me up...

Then again... I have a 04 zx10 :eek:

_intense_
4th August 2008, 22:34
i'm not too sure i want to publicly own up to riding a hondah, i've been straight for over 12months now.

a showdown huh.. you on the 400 and me on the 1k...???

ENOUGH! sheesh, who said you ladies could turn my enqirey into a full blown bs-slinging match! :Pokey: Seriously though, thankyou for all thoughts and entertaining goading.

Regarding power and "dullness" its more than a match for me, and (i suspect) at least 90% of riders on the road.

Have riden two now, and came off both with a stupidly big grin and a raging hardon. So i guess i must be comming out as loving the gay? better make it "thuper special darling -make mine a repsol big boy" :spanking: :laugh: