PDA

View Full Version : Finally taking the plunge (The Buzz)

The Buzz
25th July 2008, 18:05
Howdy all,

After cruising this website for a few years, enjoying the stories and discovering the personalities that make this site unique, it is finally time to take the plunge, create an alter-ego and join the site for real!

I was introduced to this site, and indeed the diverse world of motorcycling a few years back by my flatmate at the time, Coldkiwi, who I am sure those who have been around Kiwibiker for a while would remember. Don't think he has been on the site for a while now, but his passion for biking lit a flame in me that I didn't realise existed. This flame has been burning away in the background for a few years, until a month or so ago when following a few bikers on the Kopu hills, and seeing the fun that they would have been having, made me realise how much I was missing out on while stuck in my cage.

So I have made the mental decision to start seriously looking into bike options, and from what I take from the many threads read, it is a decision made for life!

I have only one issue, and that is I am getting married at the end of February next year, so I will only be looking and planning bikewise for the next 7 months, as any spare cash will be going into the big day! Wife-to-be is happy with the biking idea, which is an added bonus, and although the next 7 months or so will drag out, at least I will not have rushed into any decision bike wise and will have the best deal!

See you all round - on the site for the next 7 months, then hopefully on the road!

Buzz

Trudes
25th July 2008, 18:32
Awesome!! Welcome finally. No hurry eh, winter doesn't make for the nicest time to get bum on seat practice time and hopefully by the time you can afford the two wheels you should have a fairly good idea of what you may like. It's nice to hear of a cage dweller who saw bikers having fun and thought "good on them, wish I could join in" instead of "arseholes!"
Good luck with the wedding and the bike saving, keep us in touch with how you go. :niceone:

Choco
25th July 2008, 18:38
Congrats on your first post!
And it's probably a good idea to wait a while, weather is crap at the moment anyway :bleh:

James Deuce
25th July 2008, 19:07
I miss Coldkiwi terribly. A true gentleman.

Tell him "Hi" from Jim2 (now James Deuce).

Welcome.

NZsarge
25th July 2008, 19:10
Howdy........welcome. :niceone:

jrandom
25th July 2008, 19:23
Welcome!

Did mine eyes deceive me, or did I see CK at a MotoTT day a couple of months ago?

xgnr
25th July 2008, 20:49
Welcome to the madhouse...

So you deferred a bike to save for a WEDDING!!!!

:shit:

good luck anyways :yes:

Stu

doc
25th July 2008, 21:05
:rolleyes:
my flatmate at the time, Coldkiwi, I have only one issue, and that is I am getting married at the end of February next year,
Buzz

Yep thats what happened to Coldkiwi, got married and figured that it was betta that KB'r. He should be rejoining about now . Married life is like that. :rolleyes:

xgnr
25th July 2008, 21:34
Hey Buzz

I am in Harapaki road ... neighbours !

send me a PM if you want to play bikes

Cheers

Stu

fireliv
25th July 2008, 21:42
Hey buzz welcoma aboard!!

I see your problem! I also am trying to save for a wedding and I want a new bike as I sit my full soon!

Good luck and welcome to bikes and KB:niceone:

sinfull
25th July 2008, 21:51
Welcome mate ! Good luck saving for the wedding ! Word in yr ear re ya licence, if yr gonna go out and get a bike just after ya get married and ya dont have said licence ! You will be out riding alone and leaving the new bride at home (is it just me or is that not a good idea) If you have ya licence all good. But if it were me i'd be sitting my learners now, so in 9 months or so i'd have my full and be able to take the Mrs with me ! Alternatively talk her into sitting hers at the same time !

Number One
25th July 2008, 22:49
Welcome Buzz good luck for the big days...yes the wedding and the first ride on your new bike :sunny:

MVnut
25th July 2008, 22:55
Welcome mate ! Good luck saving for the wedding ! Word in yr ear re ya licence, if yr gonna go out and get a bike just after ya get married and ya dont have said licence ! You will be out riding alone and leaving the new bride at home (is it just me or is that not a good idea) If you have ya licence all good. But if it were me i'd be sitting my learners now, so in 9 months or so i'd have my full and be able to take the Mrs with me ! Alternatively talk her into sitting hers at the same time !

He may not want to take the missus. as my mate Flic said when he saw the Senna.. 'where does your wife sit?' I said 'on the couch':woohoo:

The Buzz
27th July 2008, 12:02
Thanks for all the welcome message and advice guys!

Sinfull, great idea about the licence, getting it sorted before the wedding!

A question though, obviously need the BH cert before the learners, how much practice, experience is needed before sitting the BH test? Or is it something that someone can just rock up to and should be able to pass?

Will pass on your messages to CK when I see him next.

Number One
27th July 2008, 12:09
To infinity....and beyond!

tate35
31st July 2008, 22:28
Howdy all,

After cruising this website for a few years, enjoying the stories and discovering the personalities that make this site unique, it is finally time to take the plunge, create an alter-ego and join the site for real!

I was introduced to this site, and indeed the diverse world of motorcycling a few years back by my flatmate at the time, Coldkiwi, who I am sure those who have been around Kiwibiker for a while would remember. Don't think he has been on the site for a while now, but his passion for biking lit a flame in me that I didn't realise existed. This flame has been burning away in the background for a few years, until a month or so ago when following a few bikers on the Kopu hills, and seeing the fun that they would have been having, made me realise how much I was missing out on while stuck in my cage.

So I have made the mental decision to start seriously looking into bike options, and from what I take from the many threads read, it is a decision made for life!

I have only one issue, and that is I am getting married at the end of February next year, so I will only be looking and planning bikewise for the next 7 months, as any spare cash will be going into the big day! Wife-to-be is happy with the biking idea, which is an added bonus, and although the next 7 months or so will drag out, at least I will not have rushed into any decision bike wise and will have the best deal!

See you all round - on the site for the next 7 months, then hopefully on the road!

Buzz
Hey there, well welcome aboard, brave move...and not rushed sensible :woohoo:

Congrats on your up and coming wedding also :niceone:

Badjelly
1st August 2008, 10:43
Cancel the wedding. With what you save on that, you could get a nice Ducati 1098S for yourself and a Honda Dylan for the missus :yes:. ... Except she won't be your missus :weep:. ... Oh well, you'll save even more :mellow:.

EJK
1st August 2008, 11:35
Welcome to the site! :sunny:
To beyond and infinity!

nodrog
1st August 2008, 11:37
....To beyond and infinity!

only if he is going in reverse :niceone:

Swoop
2nd August 2008, 20:44
A question though, obviously need the BH cert before the learners,
Welcome to KB!!

Send a PM to Qkchk as she is able to do the BHS test (I think...).

:ride: