PDA

View Full Version : Quasi's new bike

Quasievil
25th July 2008, 20:13
Okay Finally I have made a call and gone with a KTM525SMR track / race bike.
I know I know, I have been all over the place lately,GSXR750 or a R1 or a Motard I think the deciding factor came to me on Saturday at the VMCC race, I watched alot of the guys n gals racing and I reckon (quite simply) the Motard boys had bigger smiles on their faces ! it looked like a hoot, it was fast but not as fast as the sportsbikes, and I reckon thats a bit of me, so why not try something different for a change eh !!
Hey maybe next year (most likely) it will be something different.

But for now, this is me and Im coming to a track near you...........somehow, dont have a trailer or a van or leathers (would ya believe it) so have to get me some ,for now I just cant wait to get back on the track

Boob Johnson
25th July 2008, 20:18
WooT!!! Nice bike Quasi!

Quasi DOESN'T have leathers??? lol Guess not too unusual, Panelbeaters always have shit cars & doctors usually die young :laugh:

sinfull
25th July 2008, 20:18
Good shit ! Nice to see ya going for variety ! They recon its the spice of life !

NZsarge
25th July 2008, 20:20
Nice bike dude, was having a closer look at the RC8, 990 Adventure and a freakin' 990cc dirt bike, holy hell that thing is monstrous!

Qkchk
25th July 2008, 20:23
So who is in the lead for the most owned bikes? You must be coming a close second to that bike whore DMNTD. :eek:

Luckly you're a tall geezer to get your leg over........... :lol:

Boob Johnson
25th July 2008, 20:25
Nice bike dude, was having a closer look at the RC8, 990 Adventure and a freakin' 990cc dirt bike, holy hell that thing is monstrous!
990cc DIRT bike??? :rofl:

That's bloody madness!!! :crazy:

Mountlocal1
25th July 2008, 20:27
Naaace! Good on ya... WTF??? No leathers...

NZsarge
25th July 2008, 20:30
990cc DIRT bike??? :rofl:

That's bloody madness!!! :crazy:

Anyone less than 6 foot + tall need not consider it, it is so huge it's kinda freaky!

Quasievil
25th July 2008, 20:31
I know useless eh, no leathers at all, I had a set but gave them away to someone. No biggy will get some soon.

I rode it up the road before and can confirm this thing is mental, over 200 mtrs I conclude the following, the first gear is tall, and when you hit second it comes up very easily !!

need a trackday now to learn it then a race day to have some fun

Trudes
25th July 2008, 20:38
Wicked!! Good stuff Quasi.:2thumbsup
And you're right I reckon, the Motard guys and gals always look like they are having a ball with their balls out! Entertaining to watch too! Hope you enjoy!:banana:

Skunk
25th July 2008, 20:57
Cool. Another <strike>retard</strike> Motard out there!

Mikkel
26th July 2008, 01:41
Nice, that ought to be a weapon!

Cool. Another <strike>retard</strike> Motard out there!

Out there meaning the track though - fairly localised... Not too much of a menace when you can count on it not sneaking up on you down a dark, public, cul-de-sac...

Nasty
26th July 2008, 06:58
Agree .... guys on the motards seem to have more fun ... they also get up straight away and get back on their bikes after a fall ... and just keep on riding ... the bikes are just that bit more robust (except the two that wouldn't start on the last round at VicClub - don't know what happened there)!!

Meekey_Mouse
26th July 2008, 07:55
Very nice Quasi!!! Motards are A LOT of fun :niceone: I took my brothers 525 out for a spin on a trackday, first time out on a motard, the bike wasn't even set up for the road (let alone track), it still had dual purpose tyres on it which span up and were all over the show... And I LOVED IT!!!! This coming from a normally pretty scared/nervous rider :eek:

Good choice and enjoy :clap:

:shifty: You're just gunna have to watch out for me lurking round the track if your keys are in it :whistle: :bleh:

chester
26th July 2008, 11:13
Quasi check these out : http://www.quasimoto.co.nz/products?product_id=52

LOL :gob::stupid:

White trash
26th July 2008, 12:52
Nice one mate.

I look forward to very soon slinging a leg over it and doing a mono or two. A duo of monos if you will....

Gremlin
27th July 2008, 04:43
and a freakin' 990cc dirt bike, holy hell that thing is monstrous!
I assume, since you are talking about KTM's that you mean the 990 supermoto... not exactly a dirt bike, really a road bike capable of dirt, longer suspension travel etc than a superduke.

Yes... I know it... I'm waiting impatiently for AMPS to get a demo in :wait:

Quasi: damn fine choice... just a little too impractical for me, servicing is a bit demanding etc, and I want to do 200km+ to a tank etc.

SeppoDave
27th July 2008, 06:08
Nice one Quasi!

I went motard for pretty much the same reasons. I'm booked in for the MotoTT track day 29 August, maybe we'll see you down there!

DTY

NZsarge
27th July 2008, 07:48
I assume, since you are talking about KTM's that you mean the 990 supermoto... not exactly a dirt bike, really a road bike capable of dirt, longer suspension travel etc than a superduke..

Meh, whatever, looked like a big arse trail/dirt bike to me..

Quasievil
27th July 2008, 08:18
Nice one Quasi!

I went motard for pretty much the same reasons. I'm booked in for the MotoTT track day 29 August, maybe we'll see you down there!

DTY

Yeah mate I will be there with bells on cant bloody wait actually !