PDA

View Full Version : The Taupo International is looking good this year

arj127
26th July 2008, 15:38
It would seem that Billy McKenzie and Mike Brown will be racing.

http://www.bikesportnz.com/articles/?p=3144#more-3144

Im there for sure.

MXNUT
26th July 2008, 16:11
Maybe BT could sign up again, come home and injure himself again doing some silly trick and not ride again.
Just a thought??:angry2::mad:

scott411
26th July 2008, 17:02
i do not think anyone was harder on BT that himself last time,

be awesome to see Coops, Josh and Bt go at it,

oldguy
26th July 2008, 22:32
Be awesome to see them at the MX of Nations,
just seems like the only thing left, although I think Josh is still in with a chance
of taking that MX1 title. just needs to get that monkey of his back:niceone:

ricey
27th July 2008, 10:24
I will try and get Aaron from Location Homes/Red Barron Kawasaki to bring out Billy Ainsworth from the USA for it.

According to Mason Philips he is extremely fast in sand (runs real good at Southwick) so he should be able to mix it up.

scott411
27th July 2008, 10:38
BIlly loved it out here and i am sure he will be up for it, great kid,

Pierce
27th July 2008, 11:44
Wow that'd be awesome to see these guys against our NZ boys.

I will try and get Aaron from Location Homes/Red Barron Kawasaki to bring out Billy Ainsworth from the USA for it.

According to Mason Philips he is extremely fast in sand (runs real good at Southwick) so he should be able to mix it up.

Just make sure the track is prepped before he rides as "the tracks in america are much nicer to ride on" haha. Made me laugh how he pulled that out at the end of the Manukau SX :girlfight:(sounded like excuses to me). Maybe that's why our NZ riders are at such a high level... because they're not pussies and ride on the tracks whether they've been groomed or not.:2thumbsup

scott411
27th July 2008, 14:30
i think Billy acted really well the whole Manakau SX, his suspension (and some gear) was lost by AIr New Zealand, a rock star would not have ridden, and he rode on Stock Suspension, he mentioned at the end that the US tracks are groomed a lot more during night, it was a fair comment, and was not winging, and one the club and track builder noted hoping to improve on,