PDA

View Full Version : Pressure suit vs body armour

Brainflex
29th July 2008, 20:06
Time to call on the KB masses as to which is better for trail riding. In one corner we have the pressure suit and in the other is body armour/chest protector. Given the price difference which is the one to go for?
Thanks

trumpy
29th July 2008, 20:17
Loved my pressure suit particularly as I could wear it under a shirt so I didn't look like a geriatric spanker:rolleyes:. Saved the body a time or two as well.
Mine is comfortable to wear but watch some of them as they can be too scratchy to wear against the skin which might be a problem in summer. The great part about it was that once on, nothing moved out of place even in some spectactular crashes (couldn't ride for s#@t but could crash with a great deal of style and frequency).:o

tommorth
29th July 2008, 20:38
ive got a pressure suit it seems pretty good all though there can be some chaffing on the nipples bit strange as it doesnt always happen a small amount of duct tape solves it though wouldnt want to wear anything under it would be far to hot its great that all the armour is together and doesnt move around. Suspect chest protectors may offer more protection in the front being more solid, make you look like a power ranger though

Decent knee pads are important imo lon friday my knee hit a root about size as my wrist it was sticking out of a bank i wasnt going very fast maybe 30kms but it almost knocked me off the bike didnt feel bugger all :2thumbsup

laRIKin
29th July 2008, 20:47
Time to call on the KB masses as to which is better for trail riding. In one corner we have the pressure suit and in the other is body armour/chest protector. Given the price difference which is the one to go for?
Thanks

I would go with the pressure suit for protection.
If you read in side body armour (like what MXers wear) you may find something saying along the lines of, this is not for crash protection.
I know mine did, they are made to protect you from roost (stones) from the bike in front in a MX race etc and not from a crash.
Of course they are better than nothing.:doh:

laRIKin
29th July 2008, 20:49
ive got a pressure suit it seems pretty good all though there can be some chaffing on the nipples

Wear a light weight singlet under the suit and that will stop the chaffing and you will not rip the hairs off your tits.:gob:

Ktmboy
29th July 2008, 20:55
Thanks

All depends on your body make up.

If your sweat lots and get really hot a pressure suit is not that great. Body armour under the shirt, c/w compulsory nipple blaster, on the other hand lets your sweat pores breath a bit better.
After a hard night on the large I don't think I'd wear a pressure suit.

telliman
29th July 2008, 21:07
ive got a pressure suit it seems pretty good all though there can be some chaffing on the nipples bit

[QUOTE=lemans;1667526]Wear a light weight singlet under the suit and that will stop the chaffing and you will not rip the hairs off your tits.:gob:

gold!!!

tommorth
29th July 2008, 21:36
yeah it pays not to put tape on when they are raw yeeeow

maybe i''l attach some material to the inside of it ,think that a extra layer would cook me

Reckless
29th July 2008, 22:46
Pressure suit. I bought Azonic and they are good and breath really well. I wear a cheap Holden singlet under mine I got in Aussie, its a sort of silk material. Good for sweat, you can buy special singlets for under them as well. In the winter I use a long sleeved thermal they both work a treat.
Look in the downhill bicycle section in tardme I got one of mine there for a damn good price. There gear is similar to ours.
I'd always go body suit by the time you buy armour, kidney belt, albow guards its the same price and you can shove it all on at once with a suit. If its fine and not muddy you can ride without the overshirt and stay cool and still have protection.

Pierce
30th July 2008, 10:34
I use the alpinestars bionic armour/protection suit. Pretty good

cheese
30th July 2008, 17:23
I got a pressure suit. Love it. Just wear a t-shirt under it.

4stroke
30th July 2008, 20:00
ive got a shift chest protector, love it where a singlet underneath it, but dont wear a protector under my jacket, its got protection in it.
the suits i find are way to hot, i tend to boil :(

Kittyhawk
30th July 2008, 20:31
I perfer my pressure suit than my traditional armour. Its more secure to the body, more comfy and that leads to more confidence knowing more flesh is protected. :yes: