PDA

View Full Version : Watching guys /gals in bike shops - awesome

Her_C4
1st August 2008, 19:42
Have you ever had cause to pause and notice the approach and demeanor of guys and gals as they enter bike shops with their (assumed) partners?? I am a 'people watcher' from way back and fascinated by nuances and communication between people - especially when they don't realise they are being watched ....

and NO I am not referring to a clandestine or voyeurish approach to people watching - I am referring to taking the time to notice what is going on around you.

Case in point.

The other weekend I was up at ANZA's looking at a *car* they had in the yard, and at one point I was inside leaning up against the counter watching prospective buyers coming in with their partners to look at bikes.:scooter:

The anticipation on the faces of (mostly) chaps was intense and keen, and two of them tripped coming through the door in their haste to show off their chosen ride to their partners. Their faces glowed and with a tender look they ran their hands lightly over the seat, the tank and the grips.... trialing light touches, here and there - accompanied by covert glances around the shop and back at their partners waiting almost with baited breath for their response. :wari:

Whilst they appeared not to want to seem too keen, the body language show was great, alternately leaning towards the bike, and then their partners with a sense of relief almost palatable, their sighs audible across the showroom floor as their ladies (all bar one) showed an interest in the bike.:woohoo:

Loved it.:rockon:

martybabe
1st August 2008, 20:31
Ahahah, brilliant, it's an old game innit. I got fed up of playing it a few years ago, pussy footing round waiting for approval off the mighty wife.

Twas a ZZR 1100 and she fained indifference so I threw my self on the floor, hugged the front wheel and refused to let go until she said yes. The salesmen were pissin themselves but she caved under the embarrassment and the big zed was mine.

She did call me a show off attention seeking twat, but she said YES! :lol::banana:

Bikernereid
1st August 2008, 20:38
Love it!! With mine and the other half's bike it truley was a joint decision, he spotted it on the net and I went to see it and test it.

I don't see things going quite so smotthly when I want to buy myself a Suzuki, unfortunately he is a Honda lover. Oh well will just have to use feminine pursuasion to get what I want. Although I do like your method for embarassment value!!

Ahahah, brilliant, it's an old game innit. I got fed up of playing it a few years ago, pussy footing round waiting for approval off the mighty wife.

Twas a ZZR 1100 and she fained indifference so I threw my self on the floor, hugged the front wheel and refused to let go until she said yes. The salesmen were pissin themselves but she caved under the embarrassment and the big zed was mine.

She did call me a show off attention seeking twat, but she said YES! :lol::banana:

Her_C4
1st August 2008, 20:44

THAT! is awesome - love your work. Could do that easily if I ever had to sway the decision....:jerry::laugh:

Love it!! With mine and the other half's bike it truley was a joint decision, he spotted it on the net and I went to see it and test it.

I don't see things going quite so smotthly when I want to buy myself a Suzuki, unfortunately he is a Honda lover. Oh well will just have to use feminine pursuasion to get what I want. Although I do like your method for embarassment value!!

Feminine persuasion? Isn't that the same as male persuasion? Thats what I want -here is the dosh? :bleh:

DMNTD
1st August 2008, 20:47
Have you ever had cause to pause and notice the approach and demeanor of guys and gals as they enter bike shops with their (assumed) partners?? I am a 'people watcher' from way back and fascinated by nuances and communication between people - especially when they don't realise they are being watched ....

Yes...everyday and to be honest I too find it interesting and in some cases disturbingly interesting especially when they don't realise that they are being watched.
Criiiiiiiky....and here I was thinking that I was the only perv

Coyote
1st August 2008, 20:48
My girlfriend is using the money she saved up for a bike on going to Uni instead :(

Once I get the cash I'll buy myself a learners bike that she can hold onto.

doc
1st August 2008, 20:54
Well what would you do ? When they cringe when you mention Harley and your really keen on one. But you are both still on sprots bikes. :cold:

Her_C4
1st August 2008, 20:57
Yes...everyday and to be honest I too find it interesting and in some cases disturbingly interesting especially when they don't realise that they are being watched.
Criiiiiiiky....and here I was thinking that I was the only perv

he he he evidently not - and I bet you have a few stories of your own!! what is the oddest scenario that has unfolded before you resulting in a happy bike purchaser?:2thumbsup:cool:

My girlfriend is using the money she saved up for a bike on going to Uni instead :(

Once I get the cash I'll buy myself a learners bike that she can hold onto.

Nice:2thumbsup

mstriumph
1st August 2008, 21:17
........... so I threw my self on the floor, hugged the front wheel and refused to let go until she said yes. The salesmen were pissin themselves but she caved under the embarrassment and ...............

are we perhaps ..... related? :innocent:

DMNTD
1st August 2008, 21:38
...what is the oddest scenario that has unfolded before you resulting in a happy bike purchaser?

Oh I'd love to however it so happens to involve KBers(didn't realise that they were at the time) and best I keep it quiet as it truly was outrageous even for my seedy standards

Her_C4
1st August 2008, 21:43
Oh I'd love to however it so happens to involve KBers(didn't realise that they were at the time) and best I keep it quiet as it truly was outrageous even for my seedy standards

Bugga :oi-grr::2thumbsup

Laava
1st August 2008, 21:55
Come on! Spill the beans on Gordy and Stirts!:eek:

DMNTD
1st August 2008, 21:58
Come on! Spill the beans on Gordy and Stirts!:eek:

Nah those two have nothing on what I witnessed.
I don't feel morally right sharing what I saw due to it being at work...yes it was that "good".

Bikernereid
1st August 2008, 22:14
Feminine persuasion? Isn't that the same as male persuasion? Thats what I want -here is the dosh? :bleh:[/QUOTE]

Oh No. Believe me wanting to put a Suzuki next to the Honda in the same garage is sacreledge as far as the better half is concerned.

scumdog
1st August 2008, 22:17

Subtle.
Frikkin' subtle:2thumbsup

scumdog
1st August 2008, 22:17
Well what would you do ? When they cringe when you mention Harley and your really keen on one. But you are both still on sprots bikes. :cold:

Buy the fekker anyway man, just buy the fekker..

McJim
1st August 2008, 22:21
Oh No. Believe me wanting to put a Suzuki next to the Honda in the same garage is sacreledge as far as the better half is concerned.

You think that's bad? My wife forces me to allow a Suzuki to park next to my Ducati......oh the shame of it! :rofl:

Her_C4
1st August 2008, 22:28
Feminine persuasion? Isn't that the same as male persuasion? Thats what I want -here is the dosh? :bleh:

-
Damn - good luck with the female charms bit then..... he he he:innocent::scooter:

Subtle.
Frikkin' subtle:2thumbsup

yep subtlety with a sledgehammer alright!!:Punk: :bash:

You think that's bad? My wife forces me to allow a Suzuki to park next to my Ducati......oh the shame of it! :rofl:

:shutup: alright for you... I have a damned HONDAH next to my duc... its only saving grace is that it is a race bike (kidding!)...::scooter::rockon::sunny:

owner
1st August 2008, 22:48
THAT! is awesome - love your work. Could do that easily if I ever had to sway the decision....:jerry::laugh:

-
Damn - good luck with the female charms bit then..... he he he:innocent::scooter:

Ha definetly no suxzuki in my garage let the persuasion begin!!!:baby: