PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me Mr Spank Me sir...

Slipstream
14th January 2005, 07:18
....I have been having trouble with this site lately...everynow and then when I click on the "home Bar", I get logged off or it comes up with an error sign (shoulda coppied it :doh: ) Is that my connection, account or the site?

Is anyone else having this problem, or do computers just hate me?

Slipstream
14th January 2005, 07:26
This is another one I keep getting too

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 737280 bytes) in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/index.php(963) : eval()'d code on line 408

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

What does this mean ... or am I just stoopid?

Sparky Bills
14th January 2005, 07:29
Im getting that too!
Whats up??

Blakamin
14th January 2005, 07:30
This is another one I keep getting too

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 737280 bytes) in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/index.php(963) : eval()'d code on line 408

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

What does this mean ... or am I just stoopid?
Thats a server error... just try to reload the page....

John
14th January 2005, 11:36
just means to many people accessing and stealling PHP's memory, he cant do much unless hes able to adjust the php.ini...

Racey Rider
14th January 2005, 12:19
While we're on the subject of "Geeky stuff", can any one write me some code to upload photo images on a form for my own web site. I want my customers to be able to submit a form with their uploaded photos. I use FrontPage to create my web site, and all tho it will create forms and upload boxes, the uploads don't work. PM me for more details. Yes I will pay something for your service if necessary.
Thanks.
Racey.

Biff
14th January 2005, 12:32
erm - do i get the feeling that this sites server is getting some bottle necks?

"she canna cope captn, i thank she's gonna blor" - Scotty, last week on my DVD player

riffer
14th January 2005, 12:53
I use FrontPage to create my web site ... don't work.

Herewith lies the problem. Find a program that supports web standards and maybe it might go better ;)

jrandom
14th January 2005, 14:09
Snot any bottle necks that *I* can see.

Far as I can tell two problems are extant.

(a) There's a bug in some script somewhere that randomly seems to exhaust dynamic memory and fail a malloc(). It's been like that forever. Just hit refresh a couple of times and you'll get a successful page load.

(b) The server software (Apache?) occasionally hangs. Has to be that, because the box itself is pinging back even as it is happily ignoring HTTP GET requests...

SpankMe
14th January 2005, 14:15
This server is long overdue for an OS upgrade. It had various problems that I have not been able to fix because I do not have root access. So I have gone and got my own server (http://www.serverpronto.com/) instead.

The KB site will be moving to the new server this weekend. My GB (http://www.gb.zyns.com) and SV (http://www.sv-portal.com) sites have already been moved over.

jrandom
14th January 2005, 14:21
Find a program that supports web standards and maybe it might go better ;)

Program? Standards? Luxury.

When *I* were t'lad, we 'ad tae type out our HTTP in hexadecimal. And 'tweren't even an ASCII chart on the wall.

Yoof of today, I dunno...

Yamahamaman
14th January 2005, 15:13
Program? Standards? Luxury.

When *I* were t'lad, we 'ad tae type out our HTTP in hexadecimal. And 'tweren't even an ASCII chart on the wall.

Yoof of today, I dunno...
Ahhhhhh yes the good ol' days. Then there was the progression to assembler so you did things like LD'ing to registers, PUSH'ing and POP'ing off stacks such like and so forth. Fun alright.

Slipstream
16th January 2005, 16:06
Ahhhhhh yes the good ol' days. Then there was the progression to assembler so you did things like LD'ing to registers, PUSH'ing and POP'ing off stacks such like and so forth. Fun alright.

If you and Jrandom start speaking "L33t" ....:pinch:

Wonko
16th January 2005, 16:26
The worst thing is that I can understand what they are going on about.

Does this mean I'm l337?

Slipstream
16th January 2005, 16:28
Does this mean I'm l337?

Only if it means I am :sweatdrop