PDA

View Full Version : Rawberry's last stand....

fireball
4th August 2008, 09:02
what a bitch, im selling my bike and well....

let me set the scene....

Saturday night just been was doing what i usually do at night, i was at work (in a bar) was running a 21st function until the early hours of sunday morning and i had only had half a glass of wine before leaving work at 330am. it had not long stopped raining, so the roads were slick and rawberry has a new front tyre about 100kms old now.
put my gear on like always warmed the bike up and set off home.

i was not speeding as i had a HP car behind me (80km zone) and was minding my own biz when the lights go orange..... time to make a split second decision try and stop, or hit the gas and get pulled over for speeding, running a red, after cerfew, no L plate etc.

i go for the cheaper option try and stop..... stop i did indeed, on my face yep i hit the white arrow under breaks on a new front tyre and BANG!!!! 70 odd km into the seal i go! bounce, rolll, ohhh fuck that hurts.....
now not many people can say they have binned in front of a cop car but i did the best 20m slide on my stomach ever! and i swear the cop hit his lights before i had even hit the ground.

so i stand up a bit dazed, cops help me pick my bike up and an ambulance pulls up, how convenient! big hole in my pants no road rash rain suit is fucked but leather jacket is fine, get checked out by the ambos and off i go back on the bike head pounding all the way home and ego smashed into little bits!

now i have whiplash, fricton burn from my jacket liner and pissed off for making a dumb stupid noob mistake about a week out from buying a new bike...

BUGGER

NordieBoy
4th August 2008, 09:06
You told your old bike you were getting a new one didn't you.

Rookie mistake.

Never let them have a chance for revenge.

Nasty
4th August 2008, 09:07
that sounds so not nice ... I am glad you are sorta ok .. and hope that the pounding in the head has gone away ... Grub is always trying to embed into me to be so aware of white lines in the rain .. and I guess this proves his point.

At least you are ok .. that is the most important thing ... hope you don't bruise too much ... and re the cop .. its prolly not the worst thing for you to have done .. .at least he stopped other cars from coming too close to you. :)

Trudes
4th August 2008, 09:09
BUM!!! Glad you're ok though Fireball,:niceone: the Rawberry had it's last revenge (get rid of me will ya!!) Wonder what the cop was thinking? "Oh look, she's doing a stunt for me!"

MSTRS
4th August 2008, 09:14
Ohhh bugger. No curse involved though, just a bad decision (in the circumstances). No ticket(s)?

Devil
4th August 2008, 09:14
... Grub is always trying to embed into me

Sorry. Couldn't help it.

fireball
4th August 2008, 09:15
im kinda pissy about the whole thing trade in value now is going to suck thank god its a cruiser!!!! only a smalls scuff and knock to the wheel so steering is out a little easy fix

but i have to replace my 2 month old helmet, mr plod said i hit my head but there isnt even a scuff on my lid and i cant remember if i hit down or not:angry:

fireball
4th August 2008, 09:19
Ohhh bugger. No curse involved though, just a bad decision (in the circumstances). No ticket(s)?

no tickets! the cops were good about it, they knew why i went down and they knew my speed.

its their fault i binned if they werent there i would has gassed it on and rode through just one of those things really, bad luck i hit the paint

MSTRS
4th August 2008, 09:31
Braking on paint esp when it's raining is always to be avoided. Now you know why. And the new tyre didn't make it worse...they all let go in those circumstances. Lucky on the ticket thing (fingers crossed) , but watch the mail for the next month...they have a habit of sending them out later in these cases.

jrandom
4th August 2008, 09:35
Bugger bugger bugger. You poor sossidge. Very glad to hear you're in one piece. Keep those painkillers and anti-inflammatories going in for the whiplash.

:hug:

Claim the helmet and rain suit on contents insurance.

Y'know, I don't think you would have been ticketed if you'd gassed it through the orange. Even if you had been, you could certainly have written in and had the ticket waived.

The road regs say that you must stop at an orange light if it is safe to do so, and in this case, it obviously wasn't safe to do so!

It can be a real headfuck when you realise just how little traction you have on certain surfaces when it's cold and raining, aye?

Never mind. At least you've been mentally programmed to avoid losing the front in the rain under brakes now. You never know, that particular awareness could well save your arse on some future occasion when the results of such a bin could be far nastier.

MSTRS
4th August 2008, 09:43
Y'know, I don't think you would have been ticketed if you'd gassed it through the orange. Even if you had been, you could certainly have written in and had the ticket waived.

Understandable to stop tho...that little thing called 'outside licence conditions' can be a real bastard.

fireball
4th August 2008, 10:20
Bugger bugger bugger. You poor sossidge. Very glad to hear you're in one piece. Keep those painkillers and anti-inflammatories going in for the whiplash.

:hug:

thanks.... i think it was time i met the pavement. im gutted today is perfect for test riding and i cant lift my arms up let alone turn my head.:no:

MyGSXF
4th August 2008, 10:32
Bugger chick!! :bye: glad to hear that you are (relatively) ok though!!! :yes:

Number One
4th August 2008, 10:57
Oh no..sorry to hear that, hope you got some good drugs to ease your pain...Glad to hear you are otherwise ok though!!!! Take care :hug: S

Katman
4th August 2008, 11:04
its their fault i binned

I'm assuming that's said tongue in cheek.

fireball
4th August 2008, 11:09
I'm assuming that's said tongue in cheek.

yep i dont like to break the law.... im a good girl :rolleyes:

MSTRS
4th August 2008, 11:25
....after cerfew, no L plate etc.

Uh huh...you don't say.:Police:

Squiggles
4th August 2008, 11:30

Rookie mistake.

Especially if they're a 2 stroke.

gijoe1313
4th August 2008, 11:49
Oh poopers, sorry to hear about that, once again those dreaded white lines of binnage crop up again. I always avoid them even in the dry just to make it a constant habit of not riding on them.

And yep, Rawberry got the pip with you, needed to keep saying things like "you've been wonderful and now its time for you to help another learner" or summit like that!

Hope you heal up quick, Mr.Plod noting it down and just shrugging their shoulders as par for the course, the biker gods are now well satisfied with their interventions and give you good riding time from now on.

Keep riding safely poppet!

Imbray
4th August 2008, 14:38
Sorry to hear about your bin, but if you've got shoulder & neck prob you diff banged your head & need a new helmet, hubby had to drag me away from a biker the other day (I'm a bit anal about helments) this guys helment had HUGE grove marks from wher it had been dragged along the road, to the point I'm sure it would have leaked:2guns:

U might want to see a physio in a couple of days time to get your neck/shoulders right again, so worth it. Most physio's can do it under ACC with out Dr's referal in cases where it is clearly an acc, it's only if you need time off work that the paperwork has to be done by Dr.

Griffin
4th August 2008, 15:47
Aw mate that sucks... however - better to have done it to your old bike than your new one.
I wonder why they dont put grit in the white roadmarking paint - it must be widely known how slippy it is... you would think it would be a mandatory additive.

jrandom
4th August 2008, 15:57
hubby had to drag me away from a biker the other day (I'm a bit anal about helments)

Do you also rock up to smokers in the street and tell them to stop for their own good?

Fat people at your local McDonalds?

You just keep on makin' the world a better place there, sunshine.

:niceone:

Tank
4th August 2008, 17:12
Sorry to hear about the bin - but sounds like you have pull thru it all OK.

Bet you will be glad to see the end of that bike - I think its secretly hated you from the outset. Make sure to lavish tons of love and attention on the new one to get off on the right foot.

marty
4th August 2008, 18:13
no tickets! the cops were good about it, they knew why i went down and they knew my speed.

its their fault i binned if they werent there i would has gassed it on and rode through just one of those things really, bad luck i hit the paint

fuck off - it was a noob mistake, no-one's fault but your own.

:crybaby:

Patch
4th August 2008, 18:25

:crybaby:
exactly

can't blame the new tyre
can't blame the rain
can't blame the painted line
can't blame the cop
can't blame it cause its a cruiser

shit, running out of things too blame here - best you just accept the responsibility then huh

that cab fare home is looking pretty cheap now

fireball
4th August 2008, 19:34
exactly

can't blame the new tyre
can't blame the rain
can't blame the cop

shit, running out of things too blame here - best you just accept the responsibility then huh

i know it was my own fault so get off the KB bashing band wagon and grow up

jrandom
4th August 2008, 19:42
best you just accept the responsibility then huh

She did, man. That 'it was the cop's fault' line was pure tongue-in-cheek.

That's the problem with typing shit on the internet - too easy to miss things if you don't know someone personally.

Richard Mc F
4th August 2008, 20:16
Sucks big time, but hey you're able to tell the tale so that is always good, so I may have to adjust my trade in price:love:, today was shit for test rides any way, pm me if ya wanna get that trade in re assesed:innocent:

LilSel
4th August 2008, 20:16
Understandable to stop tho...that little thing called 'outside licence conditions' can be a real bastard.

and no L plate... & doing over 70... & no rego :lol:....

My lil fireball is lucky to have come off so lightly with just a bruised ego n a sore body with no broken bits!!!

I was txting her earlier in the evening n said to 'ride safe on the way home' maybe i jinxed it ?? lol!!!

fireball
4th August 2008, 20:21
Sucks big time, but hey you're able to tell the tale so that is always good, so I may have to adjust my trade in price:love:, today was shit for test rides any way, pm me if ya wanna get that trade in re assesed:innocent:

its still worth what you said lol!!! no cosmetic damage i promise! you wouldnt know i binned it! i have wednesday so if im not so stiff and the weather is better ill be down to take that sexy blue machine for a ride!

LilSel
4th August 2008, 20:22

TUI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck me we just had two detectives show up at the door to question us on a recent homicide?!?!.... I think thats enough of the 5-0 this week lol!!!
Edit: ^^^^ thats not fireballs doing either, mistaken identity lol...

Patch
5th August 2008, 04:14
i know it was my own fault so get off the KB bashing band wagon and grow up
:violin: grow up huh - bit rich coming from a 22yr old who has difficulty riding in the rain outside her license conditions :weird:

That's the problem with typing shit on the internet - too easy to miss things if you don't know someone personally.
is this the same thing as sending people abusive pm's an calling them names Mr. JRandom??

:corn:

jrandom
5th August 2008, 07:34
grow up huh - bit rich coming from a 22yr old who has difficulty riding in the rain outside her license conditions

She may have things to learn about riding a motorcycle, but believe it or not, nobody on this forum thinks that she's a vile individual to be avoided as much as possible.

Sounds like you and I could both learn a thing or two from the young lady, eh?

:cool:

Griffin
5th August 2008, 08:04
exactly

can't blame the new tyre
can't blame the rain
can't blame the cop

Sheesh - remind me to never come on here and post something tongue in cheek. It seems the humor police are out in force on KB this week :Police:

Dont worry Fireball, some of us understand the sentiment you were intending :)

Tank
5th August 2008, 10:45
Yet again the lack of a p/t at the end of a post causes much grief.

as JRandom says

She may have things to learn about riding a motorcycle, but believe it or not, nobody on this forum thinks that she's a vile individual to be avoided as much as possible.

+1 on that - she's a sweety. ok - a big mouth, bad influence, sweetie :yes: - but a sweetie none the less.

I've always enjoyed riding with her - she takes more care around others that a LOT of people on this forum.

Fireball for PM!

vifferman
5th August 2008, 10:51
Sorry to hear about your bin, but if you've got shoulder & neck prob you diff banged your head & need a new helmet,
Not necessarily.
I've binned a few times, and only twice have a I hit my helmet, but notably in one instance, I got whiplash. Like with fireball, it was a sideways fall onto the road. I know for a fact I didn't hit my head on the road, but 1.5kg of helmeted head falling at 10km/h or whatever, and then suddenly stopping as my neck reached the limits of its sideways stretch left me with a sore neck and shoulder for a while, even though years of daily motorcycling had made my neck muscles fairly 'well toned'.

Swoop
5th August 2008, 11:40
but i did the best 20m slide on my stomach ever!
I hope you made the most of the opportunity... Kicking your legs and moving your arms like you are doing breastroke swimming might of amused the officer!

Fuck me we just had two detectives show up at the door to question us on a recent homicide?!?!....
Shhh! I thought I told you to get rid of the bodies at the local tip!
Damn. Do I have to do everything.:whistle:

(p/t people... don't call the plod. I have enough trouble with them ATM since I am a terrorist... apparently)

<Rhino>
5th August 2008, 13:09
Aw mate that sucks... however - better to have done it to your old bike than your new one.
I wonder why they dont put grit in the white roadmarking paint - it must be widely known how slippy it is... you would think it would be a mandatory additive.

I remember someone saying that!! Now theres a business idea!!:confused:

avgas
5th August 2008, 13:20

Rookie mistake.

Yep seconded - if they know they are going.....its kill time

LilSel
5th August 2008, 14:14
+1 on that - she's a sweety. ok - a big mouth, bad influence, sweetie :yes: - but a sweetie none the less.

I've always enjoyed riding with her - she takes more care around others that a LOT of people on this forum.

Fireball for PM!

lol... :rockon:

Shhh! I thought I told you to get rid of the bodies at the local tip!
Damn. Do I have to do everything.:whistle:

(p/t people... don't call the plod. I have enough trouble with them ATM since I am a terrorist... apparently)

I was a bit freaked to see two suits standing at the door lol... mum phoned my mobile n got one didgit wrong... the number she called was a person the police are after!! it was disconnected but they traced the call n payed us a visit anyway lol, least they do good work i guess!!

You are a terrorist?? lmao... how'd ya manage that one??

The little one is feeling much better today n has gone off to work today, as for me... im crook as with the flu :crybaby: about to go to the chemist to get some drugs :woohoo: asked mum to get me some n they sold her some PE shit ones, didnt work, got jack shit sleep last night... im going in myself sick as n saying 'give me the good ones damn it look im sick *cough**cough*' lol, would be nice to be able to breathe thru my nose again!!

Swoop
5th August 2008, 16:03
You are a terrorist?? lmao... how'd ya manage that one??
I am trying to work that one out as well.:scratch:
Buying or selling something on BetradeMe to/from a "person of interest" to the :Police:.

Vicks Vapo rub! I would offer to apply it onto your chest for you, but somehow I do not think the offer would be taken up...:whistle:
Sure you will find someone willing though!

EJK
5th August 2008, 16:11
Yet again the lack of a p/t at the end of a post causes much grief.

as JRandom says

Fireball for PM!

I second that. Fireball is one of my earliest KB friend ever met and yeah... thats it.... or should I say nuff said! ;)

LilSel
5th August 2008, 16:12
I am trying to work that one out as well.:scratch:
Buying or selling something on BetradeMe to/from a "person of interest" to the :Police:.

Vicks Vapo rub! I would offer to apply it onto your chest for you, but somehow I do not think the offer would be taken up...:whistle:
Sure you will find someone willing though!

LOL!!!! you naughty boy you!!! selling stuff to crims :p lol... crazy huh!!

haha... yeah I think Fireball can do that for me :banana:, I was rubbing antiflam on her back last night for her bruises n soreness, got a couple of whiffs of that shit n arrgh it burnt!! Vicks is def a good idea lol :)
oh & I got my 'P' pills now so im happy lol, i can actually breathe thru my nose now!! they tried selling me the ones without psuedoephidrine n i said nah i want the ones that work, im sick ffs, im not gonna make drugs outta them I just wanna be able to breathe thru my nose!! :calm:
they prob think everyone who asks for cold n flu pills are crims!!

Swoop
5th August 2008, 16:20
LOL!!!! you naughty boy you!!! selling stuff to crims :p lol... crazy huh!!

they prob think everyone who asks for cold n flu pills are crims!!
You may be more of a crim than me.

I am deeply concerned about the "terrorists" I may have supplied. The bandsaw might of allowed them to make some wooden spears and I dread to think what they could do with a swing chair.

LilSel
5th August 2008, 16:31
You may be more of a crim than me.

I am deeply concerned about the "terrorists" I may have supplied. The bandsaw might of allowed them to make some wooden spears and I dread to think what they could do with a swing chair.

haha... thats right *sniffs* me n my runny nose are down right dangerous lol

lmfao!!!! a bandsaw n a chair??... rofl... thats so funny!!! :first:

fireball
6th August 2008, 01:40
I second that. Fireball is one of my earliest KB friend ever met and yeah... thats it.... or should I say nuff said! ;)

thanks ej and tank....

took rawberry for a ride today to work and all the locals were giving me shit saying i should get a car :lol: NEVER!!!!!

howdamnhard
6th August 2008, 02:12
Glad you and your bike are relatively OK:doctor:.Yip it seems bikes know when your about to get rid of them,mine's stator has decided it's a good time to die just before I sell it.:angry2:Having somebody behind you who makes you feel uncomfortable unfortuneatly splits your concentration on whats ahead of you i.e. failling to avoid white lines whilst braking.

howdamnhard
6th August 2008, 02:15
If you work late hours often get a dispensation to ride outside learner curfew hours based on your working hours.I considered doing it for my job but as I'm an old bugger I got my restricted fairly quickly.

Number One
6th August 2008, 07:27

+100 :sunny:

Hope you feeling less sore by now Fireball.

Skyryder
6th August 2008, 10:55
Sorry to hear of your bin Fireball. Just hope all pans out etc.

Skyryder

fireball
6th August 2008, 15:07
+100 :sunny:

Hope you feeling less sore by now Fireball.

yeah the body feels better, went to the bar show for work yesterday and got fairly drunk made me feel alot better plus i got a massage at one of the displays promoting vodka :lol: and then security kicked me out

Number One
6th August 2008, 15:23
yeah the body feels better, went to the bar show for work yesterday and got fairly drunk made me feel alot better plus i got a massage at one of the displays promoting vodka :lol: and then security kicked me out
mmmmmm massage....:drool: could do with one of those myself after dropping the bucket on the weekend. You missed that crash :lol:

Glad you feeling better chick :sunny:

fireball
6th August 2008, 15:35
mmmmmm massage....:drool: could do with one of those myself after dropping the bucket on the weekend. You missed that crash :lol:

Glad you feeling better chick :sunny:

id give you a rub :lol: i know how much it hurts

Number One
6th August 2008, 15:44
id give you a rub :lol: i know how much it hurts
I can't feel the benefit....Your arms not long enough!!!

LilSel
6th August 2008, 15:46
I can't feel the benefit....Your arms not long enough!!!

She is only little ya know :banana: go go gadget arm lol

fireball
6th August 2008, 15:56
She is only little ya know :banana: go go gadget arm lol

im still to sore to even get out of bed today let alone strech my arms to wellington....

Number One
6th August 2008, 15:58
How rude...no commitment - don't make promises you can't keep :shutup:

Rest up and feel better soon :sunny:

LilSel
6th August 2008, 16:06
im still to sore to even get out of bed today let alone strech my arms to wellington....
too sore to stretch them to :whistle::innocent:??

How rude...no commitment - don't make promises you can't keep :shutup:

Lol!!... She can keep to it if we make it back down there, mind u if you like it rough I would suggest someone a little more beefier to do it lol!!
(I am taking a break from serious competitions at the mo, however am still thinking of coming down in november for the coca-cola high roller!) Be good to see you lot again :) lovely bunch!!