PDA

View Full Version : gsxr 250 rr turbo

oldhoon01
4th August 2008, 18:02
after a bit of a break back to the project again as ive never been to sure on the fueling of the beast its finally going fuel injected, has anyone here had experience with the megasquirt series of computers? as this seems to be the way to go the only problem i can see is the documentation says 16000 rpm is max for the fuel mapping and i need 18000, but its pretty vague anyone keen to jump in here?

koba
6th August 2008, 15:29
after a bit of a break back to the project again as ive never been to sure on the fueling of the beast its finally going fuel injected, has anyone here had experience with the megasquirt series of computers? as this seems to be the way to go the only problem i can see is the documentation says 16000 rpm is max for the fuel mapping and i need 18000, but its pretty vague anyone keen to jump in here?

Was yours the one on trademe a while back with the turbo off an '80s bike?

http://www.86transam.com/ This site was made by a guy in Upper Hutt.
Not the same application but from what he has said to me he is very happy with its performance in his application.

Note: He made his own PCBs and all!

Dunno if it is much help but kind of interesting.

Good luck!

avgas
6th August 2008, 15:38
depends on the map - from recall the motec maps simply flat line fuel wise after max rpm - means the bike will just run a bit lean past 16K.
Why cant you use carbs? Just alight the carbs to run right at high rpm, then get a mild set of cams made up so it has to idle at say 3K.

imdying
6th August 2008, 15:53
A bit lean is a major problem on a turbo :laugh:

No experience with the MS, but would be keen to help where I can.

CookMySock
6th August 2008, 15:56
there are a couple of other homebrew EFI like megasquirt, one in australia and one in east europe somewhere. The aussie one is MyECU but I don't think its for inline 4's.

edit: see also http://www.diyefi.org/

Steve

Sully60
6th August 2008, 15:57
the only problem i can see is the documentation says 16000 rpm is max for the fuel mapping and i need 18000, but its pretty vague anyone keen to jump in here?

Are you sure you're going to need all those rev's if you turbocharge it?

I thought turbocharged engines were all about torque (higher then 100% cylinder filling effeciency) not making power though revs.

Tell me otherwise if this doesn't aply in your case.

imdying
6th August 2008, 16:05
Turbos are about fattening up the torque curve... in theory you could make the same power by shifting the torque curve down the range a bit (but shifting the curve up in output across the range), but you might as well just leave the curve in a similar shape in a similar place, and shift it up the curve up in output across the range :)

motorbyclist
8th August 2008, 00:56
is there a thread for this project?

kiwi cowboy
8th August 2008, 18:43
can we have pictures please:niceone:

skidMark
11th August 2008, 03:49

Ull need to run yamaha r6 throttle bodys and injectors from an 03 onwards r6...

imdying
11th August 2008, 12:25
Ull need to run yamaha r6 throttle bodys and injectors from an 03 onwards r6...Why is that?

R6_kid
11th August 2008, 12:39
Why is that?

I think he means 05 onwards, they had the USD's.