PDA

View Full Version : RG150 Race fairing required

The Tazman
4th August 2008, 23:52
Hi all

I am thinking of having a go at racing for the first time and would like to find out how much and what kind of availability there is for a RG150 race fairing?

Any help and or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Taz

koba
5th August 2008, 07:22
Hi all

I am thinking of having a go at racing for the first time and would like to find out how much and what kind of availability there is for a RG150 race fairing?

Any help and or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Taz

DO IT!

It would be great to see you out there on it!
I have a spare one that needs a wee tweak but you can borrow that for a round or two while you sort a permanent one.
We could even just use it to make a fibreglass one.
PM me.

oyster
5th August 2008, 11:02
Down south here we haven't found a need for moulding (lower) sides or tail bodywork, but have a good mould which has yeilded over 30 uppers. We fit them with a plain polycarbonate (unbreakable) screen and safety beading.
The come nice and neat, ready to go in White gelcoat, correct colour for number board and look OK with any adjoining std RG bodywork.
If you want one let me know by PM

driftn
5th August 2008, 12:05
Just tape up the head light taz. Even leave the number plate on just for shits a giggles

Str8 Jacket
5th August 2008, 18:13
Fark yeah! If you're that worried about the fairings then see if koba's ones will work. Make sure that you come out for the 2 day race in Sept and i'll give you a race!! :D

quallman1234
5th August 2008, 18:52
The fairings are quite strong on the RG, cause when they crash the bike's so light it doesn't matter.

The top speed does matter alot by the RG's fairings, i could only get 165ish on the speedo, down the back straight off taupo, with no fairings on.
180ish with fairings, that's indicated memba tho :P.

Streetstock is so extremely cheap and good fun, might go back there next year, stuipd 125's being so expensive and all!

The Tazman
8th August 2008, 10:46
Thanks for the offers of help and suggestions guys (and girls str8 :D) and sorry for my late reply, I do appreciate the time people take to answer my posts.

With the way I am I would want a full race fairing as I wouldn't want to risk the road one in any way. This is my commuter bike after all. So thanks for the offers of the Top parts, I may look into them if I can't get a full and / or if I decide to do more than one race.

Thanks again

Taz