PDA

View Full Version : NOMIS DOWN.. hornet back to workshop

NOMIS
5th August 2008, 19:06
Well title says it all. Left britomart this afternoon, turning right into customs street.
1, 2 pedistrains decide to run in front of me so i avoid them.
2, Toyota corolla turns infront of me... what to do is it going to pull in fast do i brake or do i risk that it going to move in time and risk hitting it?

No slam the brakes on while still slightly leant over i go down bike hits car,

damage to bike - my new handle bars. right engine casing, both mirrors 1 smashed one lens come off..

me - very sore back neck and shoulder's and hand.

gear - brand new rs2r shark helmet visor scratched ( didn't hit it just a slight scratch so should be all good )

new IXON jaket hole in the arm man that amour is good , scuffs on shoulder.

pants are totally wasted now both knees have holes ankle and some how the front of my hip, also zips are gone..

FRAME SLIDERS SAVED MY TANK!!!! so there you go choco wheels

Please some one recommend a good place to get it repaired Im not going back to reflections.
Some where i can get a loan bike...

WHYYY MEE!!!!!! i just got it back waaaaaaaaawaaawaaaa

NOMIS
5th August 2008, 19:08
i hit the ground way harder this time than my last i really do feel it now, and getting worse

yod
5th August 2008, 19:13
go see the doctor and get it registered with acc

then at least you can get it dealt with for free if you need to....even if its further down the line

gijoe1313
5th August 2008, 19:15
Crikey :gob: That poor little ol'hornet is getting banged up some! Good job you are okay, get yourself off to the docs as per Yod ... ATGATT ... so you exchanged details and back to the insurance agents again? :scratch:

kiwifruit
5th August 2008, 19:17
i hit the ground way harder this time than my last i really do feel it now, and getting worse

go to the hospital :banana:

Trudes
5th August 2008, 19:22
Oh no!!! you only just got it back too! That sucks man, and as the others have said, get yourself checked out.

NOMIS
5th August 2008, 19:23
Crikey :gob: That poor little ol'hornet is getting banged up some! Good job you are okay, get yourself off to the docs as per Yod ... ATGATT ... so you exchanged details and back to the insurance agents again? :scratch:

yeh it was brand new 2 hours ago not 1 fault!!! and now damn man shit!
So hard trying to be a positive person when bad things keep happening.

Think I will just have a hot bath and see how my back feels in the morning

Katman
5th August 2008, 19:25
WHYYY MEE!!!!!! i just got it back waaaaaaaaawaaawaaaa

Buy a fucking car.

NOMIS
5th August 2008, 19:27
Buy a fucking car.

pshhhh hell no.

shafty
5th August 2008, 19:28
Bummer Dude - good Karma coming your way soon!!

Did the Corolla come to the party?

zeocen
So hard trying to be a positive person when bad things keep happening

Going by recent posts I would -bad +inevitable

Just something to think about, imo.

Katman
pshhhh hell no.

Learn to ride then.

NOMIS
5th August 2008, 19:30
Learn to ride then.

yehhhh..... i havnt learned a thing yet.. fool.

Corolla accepted responsibility, police where there with in about 1min of the crash and said it was evasive action by the sounds of it

T bone
5th August 2008, 19:32
gutted!!!! the bloody thing must be cursed :wacko: all the best for your recovery

shingo
5th August 2008, 19:38
Corolla accepted responsibility, police where there with in about 1min of the crash and said it was evasive action by the sounds of it

Bummer dude, at least this time it shouldnt cost you anything by the sounds of it.

Hate to say it, but i had a feeling those frame sliders wouldn't save the engine casing, good thing they saved the tank at least.

Mully
5th August 2008, 19:39
Fucking hell man.

Get one of them three wheel things maybe.....

You just want an excuse to stay away from work.....

Glad you are OK. I'd head to the doc in case it needs to be an ACC claim later.

Griffin
5th August 2008, 19:40
Crikey - I would be starting to think that a higher power is trying to tell me something. Maybe you should look into options other than two wheels as a form of transport.

fizbin
5th August 2008, 19:44
Fuck that sucks dude!
maybe the hornet was just not meant to be... try another bike?:scooter:

imw-hornet
5th August 2008, 19:44
Hay Namis ,,, Bummer ,,,, :shit: , sorry to hear that , as others have said , get your self checked out first of all. good news that the Corolla accepted that he was in the wrong and did not either do a runner or say that it was you in the wrong.
I have been following your updates of your bike and was saying to my self ,,,, goto see this one , well i am sure that you will get it all fixed up ASAP and be back on the road.
Hope the back feels better , Cheers

Mully
5th August 2008, 19:45
Oh, and see if the shop can fit some of these things.

Mom
5th August 2008, 19:56
Buy a fucking car.

Constructive advice on a biker forum :crazy:

Learn to ride then.

I am picking he is learning some good lessons thanks to Dorkland traffic actually.

Really, so the car driver accepted responsibility for this accident, and the cops agree you were taking evasive action...hmmmmm

It is still your fault! OK! (p/t for the sensitive members)

Bummer for you mate. Hope you are not too sore. Go and get an ACC claim number for the hell of it! We pay for it...use it! Hope the bod recovers quickly, the bike will be fine.

NOMIS
5th August 2008, 20:04
cheers guys for all the comments,

The insurance company said all should be well if the police heard her say she accepted she wrong,

Ill see how I feel inthe morning, have to take my bike in somewhere to get prices.

Shingo, hahaha yeh you right

Mully, damn straight why do I want to come to work ;-) just kidding don't tell sunny

I dont think I could have done anything else to be honest, if you soee exactly where i crashed you would under stand i had no where i could go to avoid hitting,

Also have a witness who said was probally the only thing I could have done. She was stoped dead over 2 lanes so yehh

NOMIS
5th August 2008, 20:17
And no way im i getting rid of the hornet you guys must be crazy lol

scracha
5th August 2008, 20:20
Get your helmet replaced mate. Hell, they're paying for it. If they say it's just scratched tell them you hit your head and you're not wearing it again unless they get it x-rayd.

Go to hospital and get yourself checked out.

NOMIS
5th August 2008, 20:27
Get your helmet replaced mate. Hell, they're paying for it. If they say it's just scratched tell them you hit your head and you're not wearing it again unless they get it x-rayd.

Go to hospital and get yourself checked out.

oh dont u worry ill be claiming my gear any way, but im sure helmet will be ok i seem to go into a natural position of covering my head.. dont know why reaction i guess

but yeh i have about $2000 gear to claim i think.... helmet is a grand for a new one

Dakara
5th August 2008, 20:34
oh dont u worry ill be claiming my gear any way, but im sure helmet will be ok i seem to go into a natural position of covering my head.. dont know why reaction i guess

but yeh i have about $2000 gear to claim i think.... helmet is a grand for a new one

Good to hear your alright(ish) man. Definitely file ACC though, ya never know and it's better to have a claim and not need it, than need it and not have it! :doctor:

I know what it's like with the helmet though! My bin a few weeks ago was on the very first ride with my new lid! Only scratched the visor and a tiny chip where the visor meets the helmet. My insurance doesn't cover gear (dammit), but will end up replacing it... not worth the risk really.

Choco
5th August 2008, 20:41
FRAME SLIDERS SAVED MY TANK!!!! so there you go choco wheels

Haha sweet man! How badly did they get scratched up? Going to invest in new ones?

Good to hear your ok and that the other guy's accepted responsibility. Heal up and get your bike fixed so we can go riding some time :yes:

Keep safe man
Choco

NOMIS
5th August 2008, 21:02
Haha sweet man! How badly did they get scratched up? Going to invest in new ones?

Good to hear your ok and that the other guy's accepted responsibility. Heal up and get your bike fixed so we can go riding some time :yes:

Keep safe man
Choco

Cheers choco, and yeh insurance will pay for new ones, it still scratched the lower engine casing but definatly saved the tank and my head light.

Does any one no where i can get a loan bike from???? while mines getting fixed???

AllanB
5th August 2008, 21:11
Dam - spent two minutes memorised by Shafties Avatar. :2thumbsup

Sorry to hear about your drop mate. 2 hours must be some type of KB record I think :first:

Next time just run the pedestrians down - do a Mad Max on the back wheel.

The main thing is - you are OK - nothing broken, amputated or worse.

Nagash
5th August 2008, 21:46
That's a bitch to hear mate, but glad you're mostly okay and that hopefully the police will be on your side. I wouldn't take the other party claiming themselves at fault as what's going to end up further down the track.

They always say it at first.. then when they think about it they're opininon magically changes.

And a little note for the future, it's a difficult maneuver to pull off, but with emergency braking under lean there's a couple of things you can do. Either counter steer in the opposite direction in an attempt to bring the bike back up right.

Or, if you have the reflex's of a ninja, you can get up and lean your body in the opposite direction. This will either bring the bike back up quickly, or atleast balance out the weight a bit better. But both of these things are very difficult to do under the split seconds you have in an emergency situation..

Heal up soon, and hopefully that's the last of your bad karma out the way.

Mully
5th August 2008, 22:07
Does any one no where i can get a loan bike from???? while mines getting fixed???

Translation: "Does anyone have a bike they want binned? Hornet preferred, but will have a go at anything"

All in jest, mate.

NOMIS
5th August 2008, 22:12
Translation: "Does anyone have a bike they want binned? Hornet preferred, but will have a go at anything"

All in jest, mate.

bastard... in jest

disenfranchised
6th August 2008, 08:41
me - very sore back neck and shoulder's and hand.

Let me know how quickly you start healing up, especially your shoulder.
After my very low speed low side last week, my shoulder is still hurting something fierce.

I went off to the doc, got the ACC thing all submitted etc... but they just told me it was sprained and should come right on its own within 2-3 weeks (no strenuous activity in the meantime)

I only half believe them....after a week I would have thought it'd be settling down, but so far it still seems about the same.

Badger8
8th August 2008, 13:26
OI! You! Stop binning!!! :bash:
j/k dude, glad to hear you are (mostly) okay.
You'd just got her sorted out again, was keen to see it! Then i go away for a couple of days and you throw it down the road again! :spanking:
Rough break though mate, i'll have to check it out as soon as it's fixed this time :yes:
Seriously tho, have you gone along to some monday or wednesday night sessions, gone practising in a carpark etc? Get your reactions and 'feel' for what she's gonna do tuned up. Has saved my butt on numerous occasions! When you've got her back on the road gimme a yell and we can hit the blacktop and get our learn on :wari:

NOMIS
8th August 2008, 14:22
OI! You! Stop binning!!! :bash:
j/k dude, glad to hear you are (mostly) okay.
You'd just got her sorted out again, was keen to see it! Then i go away for a couple of days and you throw it down the road again! :spanking:
Rough break though mate, i'll have to check it out as soon as it's fixed this time :yes:
Seriously tho, have you gone along to some monday or wednesday night sessions, gone practising in a carpark etc? Get your reactions and 'feel' for what she's gonna do tuned up. Has saved my butt on numerous occasions! When you've got her back on the road gimme a yell and we can hit the blacktop and get our learn on :wari:

Bro I can ride. not over confident or anything like that but trust me I know I can ride.
If you mean doing wheelies and stopies then yes I practised in a car park never binned while doing that.

My first bin was entirely my fault this one no.

You no when you stuff up like that and you think " what could I have done differnt" well in this case it was crash or crash harder 40km aprox and 5-7 m to stop what do you think while still in a lean????

Ive been dwelling on it all week and no I dont think I could do anything.Yeh it sucks big time but hey shit happens. any ways see what happens if I get it back or not.

fireball
8th August 2008, 14:31
damn mate know how it feels to bin it hard, im still getting over mine good to hear you are ok, and as for the bike sell it, it sounds cursed....

jrandom
8th August 2008, 14:38
Ive been dwelling on it all week and no I dont think I could do anything.

Don't put the bike in situations at intersections where cars can do that to you.

If there's a car (or pedestrian) waiting to enter the intersection, expect it to come straight at you as though you weren't there as soon as you ride out.

If you can't see everything waiting to enter an intersection, assume that there's something which will leap out into it and hit you as soon as you enter it.

fLaThEaD FreD
8th August 2008, 14:38

Do It !!:doctor:

Badger8
8th August 2008, 14:39
Bro I can ride. not over confident or anything like that but trust me I know I can ride.
If you mean doing wheelies and stopies then yes I practised in a car park never binned while doing that.

My first bin was entirely my fault this one no.

You no when you stuff up like that and you think " what could I have done differnt" well in this case it was crash or crash harder 40km aprox and 5-7 m to stop what do you think while still in a lean????

Ive been dwelling on it all week and no I dont think I could do anything.Yeh it sucks big time but hey shit happens. any ways see what happens if I get it back or not.

yer, i know man, wasnt meaning to say ya couldnt ride. Havent actually ridden with ya yet, so wasnt sure was all :)
Just thinkin back at some of my close calls, where i thought i would never be able to stop in time / avoid bloody cager, but got away with it thanks to practice in carparks. And no i dont mean wheelies and stoppies :bleh:

Hope you're back on two wheels soon, and we can finally catch up for a ride! :sunny:

NOMIS
8th August 2008, 14:41
Don't put the bike in situations at intersections where cars can do that to you.

If there's a car (or pedestrian) waiting to enter the intersection, expect it to come straight at you as though you weren't there as soon as you ride out.

If you can't see everything waiting to enter an intersection, assume that there's something which will leap out into it and hit you as soon as you enter it.

its was about 15m after a intersection and a car from oncoming trafic decided to turn in front across my path , i had a stoped bus on my lef and a taxi also stoped a island on my right and a stoped car in front . no way out of it, Sory Jrandom but things like this do happen was un avoidable and the lovely memeber of the public who gave me his business card agrees he on this site he said so if you read this Chris pm me.

NOMIS
8th August 2008, 14:45
yer, i know man, wasnt meaning to say ya couldnt ride. Havent actually ridden with ya yet, so wasnt sure was all :)
Just thinkin back at some of my close calls, where i thought i would never be able to stop in time / avoid bloody cager, but got away with it thanks to practice in carparks. And no i dont mean wheelies and stoppies :bleh:

Hope you're back on two wheels soon, and we can finally catch up for a ride! :sunny:

Sweet as man will do, ill probally sell it after this one and get something else. was thinking about geting back into riding mx bikes..
until i get my full, Means I can buy a boat I been eyeing up to ( hoping the will write it off atm ) ive just lodged my claim for $2000 in gear aswell so will have some money to play with.

Will also save the hassel of selling it to..

Sorry if I sounded like i bit your head off. Got a lot on my plate this past week not just crashing my bike

jrandom
8th August 2008, 14:46
its was about 15m after a intersection and a car from oncoming trafic decided to turn in front across my path

Did he have his indicator on when he turned?

If you can't remember, that means he did, and you weren't watching.

Edit: If you're planning on claiming this on insurance and need to make a case that it wasn't your fault, I'll shut up - I know how those situations go. You obviously had right of way in any case. If you're not in the process of making an insurance claim, though, you'll do yourself no favours pretending that there's nothing you could have done to save it from happening.

Badger8
8th August 2008, 14:47
Sorry if I sounded like i bit your head off. Got a lot on my plate this past week not just crashing my bike

Sweet as bro. Having your baby hurt is bad enough on it's own :yes:
Hope it all works out for the best whichever way it goes

NOMIS
8th August 2008, 14:50
Did he have his indicator on when he turned?

If you can't remember, that means he did, and you weren't watching.

Edit: If you're planning on claiming this on insurance and need to make a case that it wasn't your fault, I'll shut up - I know how those situations go. If you're not in the process of making an insurance claim, though, you'll do yourself no favours pretending that there's nothing you could have done to save it from happening.

No he didnt and he admitted full liability to both police and insurance company thats why its as i said in the 1st post " not my fault "

Seriously dude why you trying to find me at fault???

jrandom
8th August 2008, 14:53
No he didnt and he admitted full liability to both police and insurance company thats why its as i said in the 1st post " not my fault "

Cool, you're in the clear financially then.

Seriously dude why you trying to find me at fault???

I'm not talking about fault.

If you can't distinguish between 'at fault' and 'what I could have done to avoid it' you're just going to keep getting taken out.

NOMIS
8th August 2008, 14:57
I'm not talking about fault.

If you can't distinguish between 'at fault' and 'what I could have done to avoid it' you're just going to keep getting taken out.

Sweet man sorry taking everything the wrong way today.. I know what your saying and yeh slow down around the city one of my main things i should work on I think not that i speed but just to take it even easier if you no what I mean.

Ixion
8th August 2008, 14:57
Bert was a biker, bold and bad
Bert was knocked off his bike one day
'Twasn't his fault, he had the right of way
'Twas the cager to blame, never fear
So then, why is it Bert that's buried here ?

NOMIS
8th August 2008, 15:01
Bert was a biker, bold and bad
Bert was knocked off his bike one day
'Twasn't his fault, he had the right of way
'Twas the cager to blame, never fear
So then, why is it Bert that's buried here ?

Sucks to be bert dont it

Answer - because a car cut him off???? obvious aint it?

jrandom
8th August 2008, 15:06
I know what your saying and yeh slow down around the city one of my main things i should work on I think not that i speed but just to take it even easier if you no what I mean.

Good man.

:niceone:

The only person who'll look out for you on the road is you. Ixion's doggerel sums it up nicely.

HungusMaximist
8th August 2008, 16:41
Can you post some pics so we can see how smashed up the bike is? Cheers

NOMIS
8th August 2008, 16:44
Can you post some pics so we can see how smashed up the bike is? Cheers

Its hardly really but still maybe a write of lol... illt take some when i go into see it tomorrow

Ragingrob
8th August 2008, 17:19
Dude I heard from Shaun yesterday! That sucks ay! How's your back feeling now? The poor little hornet!

NOMIS
8th August 2008, 18:00
Dude I heard from Shaun yesterday! That sucks ay! How's your back feeling now? The poor little hornet!

Yeh pretty gutted aye. Only just got it back and was mint. Ah my sholder was aching hard this morning think it flared up from when i tore muscle in the army Should come right tho, if keeps playing up ill do something about it.

kiwi cowboy
8th August 2008, 18:29
Yeh pretty gutted aye. Only just got it back and was mint. Ah my sholder was aching hard this morning think it flared up from when i tore muscle in the army Should come right tho, if keeps playing up ill do something about it.

have you not been to the doctor yet?????.
auckland roads suk and i only been there once[lovely wide open spaces down here:lol:

NOMIS
8th August 2008, 19:15
have you not been to the doctor yet?????.
auckland roads suk and i only been there once[lovely wide open spaces down here:lol:

yeh went to family doctor told me to keep a eye on my sholder had problems with it before.

got my acc thingy. and yeh try riding CBD sucks balls lol