PDA

View Full Version : Should this forum name be changed to Formula 4 and 5 instead of Buckets

Sully60
6th August 2008, 08:27
I've been discussing this with Skunk and thought it was time to take the discussion to a wider forum.

Buckets is the universal name for the two miniature road racing classes but it is actually a derogatory term as you will all well know.

Is it time to change this? I don't know any F4 or F5 bike that is a really bucket of shit, well one or two maybe but generally most bikes now are fairly well developed and maintained machines. And personally I don't think my bikes are buckets of shit (well maybe the motor in the 'sled!:angry2: ) I think that my bikes are cool because of the enjoyment I get from working and racing them. There are also some very cool bikes coming from the NWM that really do their owner/builders proud purely as motorcycles and it just seems a bit naff to call them buckets, I mean Angelina Jolie wouldn't sound so cool and sexy if she was called Mildred McManuss now would she?
Or whatever her real name is:shifty:

Attending the BoB meeting at Ruapuna in June just reinforced this for me, some of the bikes were beautifully presented and the some of the bikes that had less work done on cosmetics have outstanding performance. Every one of the bikes seemed to carry a rider that came back into the pits grinning.

Is it time to change our identity? Do you think we'll lose some of that identity if we change the way we are referred to? What else would you call it aprt from miniature roadrace classes f4 and F5?

Discuss......

Deano
6th August 2008, 08:33
I thought they were called buckets cause you make em out of a bucket of bits. Which is obviously not as derogatory as bucket of shite.

Are 'buckets' recognised by MNZ as F4 and F5 or is it something that was made up ?

enigma51
6th August 2008, 08:38
Being a bit sensitive if you ask me ......... but i dont race buckets or f4 /f5 so im happy to be wrong

bungbung
6th August 2008, 08:59
What else would you call it aprt from miniature roadrace classes f4 and F5?

Discuss......

For me, "miniature roadrace" conjures up images of minimotos.

k14
6th August 2008, 09:02
Yeah, harden up. Buckets are buckets, fullstop.

Sully60
6th August 2008, 09:05
I thought they were called buckets cause you make em out of a bucket of bits. Which is obviously not as derogatory as bucket of shite.

Are 'buckets' recognised by MNZ as F4 and F5 or is it something that was made up ?

Those are the actual MNZ clasess yes.

Being a bit sensitive if you ask me ......... but i dont race buckets or f4 /f5 so im happy to be wrong

Call the waaaambulance!

I have a private joke going with Trudes about it, but it could be construed as being sensitive. It's just I've experienced some negativity from promoters and clubs in the past regarding bucket racing and I don't want any preconceptions to to stymey any opportunities, things are getting better in this respect though.

For me, "miniature roadrace" conjures up images of minimotos.

Yeah it does, but to the unaware what image does buckets (http://www.allseasonsnashville.com/graphics/buckets.jpg) conjure up?

Trudes
6th August 2008, 09:12
I think the hole "bucket" (lol) thing is really funny (see). But we do have a serious class of F4 and F5, so I guess it depends on who you're talking to. If I want to impress and sound like I'm cool I say I race F4, if I want people to ask WTF? I say buckets, then I can explain the bucket story and it seems to have a history.
When racing at the slipway, "bucket racing" seems more appropriate because it just seems a little more informal, but when doing "serious" race meets like at the BOB or in Taupo, the F4 and F5 grouping sounds more official like.:confused:

F5 Dave
6th August 2008, 09:56
At the end of the day no one in the pub is going to be impressed that you race 100 or 150cc bikes, or in my case 50cc. But I'm not overly concerned, I'm having fun & there are a bunch of decent riders so that it is relevant competition. There are also a bunch of average riders & there is a bunch of novices & there are often even a couple of complete wobblers (really not aimed at anyone, bear with me).

But the same mix can be found in the larger classes, so saying 'oh I race a F3' (or a 600, or even a thou) doesn't elevate that person to super-status as they could belong to any one of the groups mentioned above. We've all been to big bike meetings & seen the spread of ability, sometimes alarmingly, but bless them they have to start somewhere. In the larger classes these people (starting out) were obviously prompted by their ego that they needed a big bike to be valid instead of starting in 'piddly little' F3 (or for that matter F4 or F5) .

So some see buckets as a feeder class, some as valid racing & some look down their nose. I remember being told by some chick (about my roadbike) a waaay back, "oh you ride a 350, you should get a thousand". -'course that my hotted RZ would have taken her boyfriend's groady old GS in anything but a straight drag eluded her so there was no point arguing.

PS Trudes, why are your avatars always so emotionally scaring?:buggerd:

nudemetalz
6th August 2008, 10:09
IMO, buckets are the way to go as no-one seems to know what F4-F5 are.
You talk to some older people about bucket racing and they'll say something like "isn't that like those loonies that used to race those commuter bikes on the RNZAF bases".
I like the term buckets. It gives it's own identity.
But "T"-Rudes is right, being more formal at the nationals with F4/F5 is more appropriate.

Just my 2c worth(less).

Trudes
6th August 2008, 10:18
PS Trudes, why are your avatars always so emotionally scaring?:buggerd:

'Cause I know you like 'em!!!:D

koba
6th August 2008, 10:36
In relation to my bike "Bucket" is perfectly apt.
In relation to most other bikes out there latley F4/F5 is probably more fitting.

quallman1234
6th August 2008, 11:11
In relation to my bike "Bucket" is perfectly apt.
In relation to most other bikes out there latley F4/F5 is probably more fitting.

Definetely the case for me, hopefully not for long tho! :innocent:

50cc's beat me in a straight line man!, im going to have a go at some porting, going to open the exhaust port cleanly.

Skunk
6th August 2008, 11:23
I don't know any F4 or F5 bike that is a really bucket of shit

When racing at the slipway, "bucket racing" seems more appropriate because it just seems a little more informal, but when doing "serious" race meets like at the BOB or in Taupo, the F4 and F5 grouping sounds more official like.
I'm keen to see the name of the Forum changed to Buckets (F4/F5). How we refer to them ourselves is up to the individual. I personally see mine as more of a race bike than a pile of shit.

"T"-Rudes:lol:

Number One
6th August 2008, 11:29
Personally...I don't mind what term is used...this is probably a lot due to the fact that I don't take myself at all seriously on them as I am not fast. AND I know the work and development and $$$ that have gone into our bikes so I do know they are NOT buckets of shit.

..for me Bucket is a term of endearment almost and when I tell people I race buckets they don't get it anyway so I just end up saying I race motorbikes. :lol:

At the end of the day they are motorcycles and the fact that I race a motorcycle makes ME think I am cool so how they are referred to online or otherwise isn't an issue for me - I'm out there doing it haters can just step off :lol:

I have to admit too that I am a closet bucket joke enjoyer :shutup: sorry babe....

BTW babe...I don't even know where our stable of bikes sit in this F4 - F5classing :baby:

Skunk
6th August 2008, 11:40
I don't even know where our stable of bikes sit in this F4 - F5classing :baby:
That is red rep-able...

Number One
6th August 2008, 11:42
That is red rep-able...
Go ahead fooker make my day :lol: I'm collecting them

Actually I hadn't even heard the terms until the BOB....

Trudes
6th August 2008, 11:51
I have to admit too that I am a closet bucket joke enjoyer :shutup: sorry babe....
Yeah,.... I knew you were!! :hug:

BTW babe...I don't even know where our stable of bikes sit in this F4 - F5classing :baby:

:gob: :shit:hahahaha:whocares: at least you're doing it eh:scooter::wari:

Skunk
6th August 2008, 11:54
Go ahead fooker make my day :lol: I'm collecting them

Actually I hadn't even heard the terms until the BOB....
Fook it - I can't. :lol:

Fatjim
6th August 2008, 12:07
Although I don't have one :mad:, and am therefore unqualified to have an opinion I'm going to have one anyway.

The term Bucket, being antipodean, has a charm of its own. I'd like the "formula" to be recognised internationally though.

I like "Formula Bucket"

Fatjim
6th August 2008, 12:19

I understood "Bucket" to mean they were made from "buckets of shit". What they end up as is another matter. But the idea of affordability and "Que Sear Sera" attitude if you drop it is important to the class I think.

speedpro
6th August 2008, 13:11
I personally see mine as more of a race bike than a pile of shit.
:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: in your dreams :whistle: poor deluded boy.

I think the name to be used depends on the company and the circumstance.

Skunk
6th August 2008, 13:15
:lol::lol::lol::lol: in your dreams :whistle: poor deluded boy.
I wasn't talking about ME, I was referring to the bike - which is good.

The older you get the faster you were... At least I'm getting faster as I get older :lol:

Number One
6th August 2008, 13:41
Yeah,.... I knew you were!! :hug:

tee hee heee :buggerd: I'm at work so Sully can't slap me but rest assured I be getting a slapping later :yes: :drool: I've done my recycling honey...and I got my businesss socks orn tooooo

Sully60
6th August 2008, 14:56
But "T"-Rudes is right, being more formal at the nationals with F4/F5 is more appropriate.

Which brings me back to the point I made about the various meetings that buckets used to run at but no longer. We don't have any meetings at 'National' level unless they're dedicated events like the GP and the BoB.
Buckets used to race at the Cemetry circuit, imagine going theough the Cemetary esses flat on the tank of your F4 bike with 10,000 people watching, shit that must have been cool!
Things seem different in the South Island I must say, having a class at both Greymouth and Port Nelson if not more of the high profile events.

We won't always fit in to these meetings or they may not necessarily suit F4 and F5 bikes but at the moment we don't even get the opportunity to try.
At least in the North Island anyway.

I'm keen to see the name of the Forum changed to F4/F5. How we refer to them ourselves is up to the individual. I personally see mine as more of a race bike than a pile of shit.

Finally someone actually answered the question! Bling awarded for great reading and comprehension skills!

BTW babe...I don't even know where our stable of bikes sit in this F4 - F5classing

You're just a factory rider what do you need to know? - http://www.motorcyclingnz.co.nz/download/Chapter_24_Miniature_Road_Racing.pdf

In the end I don't really give a rats arse what they're called, as long as they're called and we get the same opportunities to race as those who buy racebikes off the showroom floor with their bolt on performance accessories, no bitterness here eh?

I'm at work so Sully can't slap me but rest assured I be getting a slapping later

But I can slap you with this now....

REPOST!

Number One
6th August 2008, 15:27
You're just a factory rider what do you need to know?

:lol: TRUE THAT! So have you fixed my ride yet or what?! :shutup:

But I can slap you with this now....REPOST!

OOOO that hurt soooo good I'll expect a better one when I get home :shifty:

F5 Dave
6th August 2008, 16:09
. . .
Buckets used to race at the Cemetry circuit, . . .

erm no they didn't have a bucket class, but you could run in F3 or Clubmans when they had that at the cct. Speedpro used to do pretty well against wobblers on Pantahs etc.

And I might not have answered the question directly, but I did use "at the end of the day . ." which entitles me to ramble on about anything with impunity.

It's like saying "With all due respect" (you suck goat coks or whatever, -with all due respect of course:whistle:).

Str8 Jacket
6th August 2008, 17:36
(you suck goat coks or whatever, -with all due respect of course:whistle:).

You see, this is why we cant call ouselves F4 and F5 riders. "Real racers" Would never suck a goat of and respect it at the same time! :p

I personally think we should just call ourselves 'Bogans on Bikes'.

Skunk
6th August 2008, 17:42
I personally think we should just call ourselves 'Bogans on Bikes'.
Bloody Hutt girls...

F5 Dave
6th August 2008, 17:45
have you ever met any sidecar racers? They make us look like boy scouts (dodgy scout leaders not withstanding). Most other racers give them a wide berth for that reason. They will be the last ones at the bar if you feel like staying out though:apint:

Kickaha
6th August 2008, 17:50
Yeah, harden up. Buckets are buckets, fullstop.

What he said, they've always been buckets and always will be, who recognises what a F4/F5 is? fuck all I'd say, Buckets would have much more "brand recognition" and thats the way it should stay

have you ever met any sidecar racers? They make us look like boy scouts (dodgy scout leaders not withstanding). Most other racers give them a wide berth for that reason. They will be the last ones at the bar if you feel like staying out though:apint:

I might race with some someone who resembles that statement :bleh:

Number One
6th August 2008, 18:17
we should just call ourselves 'Bogans on Bikes'.

ooo yeah! AND go the Hutt gals we are such good stock after all :blip:

Slingshot
6th August 2008, 18:43
Leave it as buckets.

Technically, at the Slipway, although we adhere to the F4/F5 rules (sometimes loosely) it's not actually a "formula" class run/endorsed by the national body. You get where I'm going with this?

I think the challenge here is to get people thinking of highly modified small capacity bikes using a whole heap of No. 8 wire thinking when they here the term bucket...rather than people thinking "bucket of shit" (except for mine which is a bucket of shit).

Trudes
6th August 2008, 18:46
In the end I don't really give a rats arse what they're called, as long as they're called and we get the same opportunities to race as those who buy racebikes off the showroom floor with their bolt on performance accessories, no bitterness here eh?

With you there! So if we are called F4 and F5 we may be given more race time at the tracks with the big kids?
BTW I got that you were talking about the FORUM name change, but this is way more interesting than what we get called on KB, I mean I may get called Trudes sometimes but underneath I'm still a bitch, "A rose by any other name...etc etc".

And I might not have answered the question directly, but I did use "at the end of the day . ." which entitles me to ramble on about anything with impunity.

It's like saying "With all due respect" (you suck goat coks or whatever, -with all due respect of course:whistle:).
Is that the same as saying "You are the biggest wanker I have ever encounted and you screw your mother on a regular basis, no offence" ??

Kickaha
6th August 2008, 19:12
With you there! So if we are called F4 and F5 we may be given more race time at the tracks with the big kids?

Move South, we already get that, a quick count up would see that we have the oppurtunity to do about 14 meetings a year without driving more than a couple of hours in any direction edit: 15 with the BOB and then I forgot the couple of CAMs meetings, fuck it lets add in the street races I reckon an easy 18-20 meetings without trying hard

A change of forum name will achieve what? errrrrrrr absolutley nothing, the clubs will still call them buckets, the trophies will still have buckets on them and so will the entry forms, seems to be more of a feel good thing than anything else

Skunk
6th August 2008, 19:59
A change of forum name will achieve what? errrrrrrr absolutley nothing, the clubs will still call them buckets, the trophies will still have buckets on them and so will the entry forms, seems to be more of a feel good thing than anything else
It's a technically correct name rather than a slang name. Helps to show uninitiated that it is a 'serious' class.

Sully60
6th August 2008, 20:01
Move South, we already get that, a quick count up would see that we have the oppurtunity to do about 14 meetings a year without driving more than a couple of hours in any direction edit: 15 with the BOB and then I forgot the couple of CAMs meetings, fuck it lets add in the street races I reckon an easy 18-20 meetings without trying hard

Yeah like I said earlier the mainland does seem to be the place to be!

Yeah, I agree because ultimately eveything that's posted on here is just words on a server.

I think, no I know that we (lower North bucket racers) are enduring the effects of how past people invloved in the class and therefore the class as a whole were percieved. My thoughts were around starting a discussion on how we could maybe improve this situation and maybe a 'rebrand' might be a good start. There are steps being taken by some good people (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=3431) to get us back to the thriving scene that we used to have.

The particular use of the word term 'bucket racing' has had a seriously detremental effect on similar negotiations in the past. That is a fact.

It has to start somewhere.

Buckets4Me
6th August 2008, 20:20
Buckets Buckets Buckets:Punk:
:jerry:

I dont want to explain it all again:doh:

even if my bike is more f4 with nylon stuck to it
and capable of 160 k/h
I'v run it with rs125's at pukekohe
and also in the pre82 class
both where a bit scary but i did outbrake a tz350 into the hairpin (nearly ran into the back of him):laugh:

Mental Trousers
6th August 2008, 20:47
The name Buckets has always conjured up the image of crazy fun for me. Calling them Formula 4/5 doesn't seem right. They're a fun series, typified by names such as Pamela Bucket, North Welly Massif, etc.

speedpro
6th August 2008, 22:17
Speedpro used to do pretty well against wobblers on Pantahs etc.

mid field in F3 was pretty typical, keeping average Rs125s honest and quite a few GSXR400s. Far more fun than "clubmans", that was just scary trying to get a run past GSXR1100s through the esses and into flower garden. Though at the last meeting I did there it was only due to lobbying by a few people that I had my entry accepted eventually - because I was on a bucket I was going to be slow and get in the way. That meeting I got 14th and 17th out of 30+ F3 bikes, from the back of the grid every time. I talked a dozen or so buckets into entering one year. Riders on real bikes were definitely looking down on us initially. First practice sorted that out. I think we had three Shirriffs riding buckets + ex 125GP national champ.

That year at Wanganui there were a few bucket sidecars ran in with the big boys as well. They were sooooooo much faster through the esses it was embarrassing.

Back in the OOOOld days. Gee, I was so fast back then. :drinkup: (refer Tui ad)

gav
6th August 2008, 22:28
I can change the name to MotoFXR if you like!? :2thumbsup

Sully60
6th August 2008, 22:29
I can change the name to MotoFXR if you like!? :2thumbsup

Gee, if the rot that's been creeping in from the south continues to spread we may just have to!

F5 Dave
7th August 2008, 09:32
Is that the same as saying "You are the biggest wanker I have ever encounted and you screw your mother on a regular basis, no offence" ??

The correct statment ends

"and you screw your mother on a regular basis, no offence, Officer"

dangerous
12th August 2008, 06:27
It's a technically correct name rather than a slang name. Helps to show uninitiated that it is a 'serious' class.

Its not a slang name... its THE NAME if it imbrases you maybe you should be racing in a formula that people look up to world GP maybe... "serious'... we are not, well some are but my point is its always been a social class of racing, I have lost a little interest of late due to it becoming more serious more F4.

Now as the BUCKET club pressie when promoting bigger events we say 'buckets F4 and F5' it covers bota avenues.

Good points have ben made on both sides, how ever I have never had anyone contact me asking about F4 and F5... they say "Ive been hearing a lot about bucket racing, how do I get involved.

Hell if we have high rep street races like Greymouth and they advertise Buckets then how bad can that be, I reckon only 10% would know what F4 is.
Lets keep the tradition cranking just like the airforce boys did.

Our bikes are buckets expect the FXRs abd CBRs... they are elegable street Stock bikes and should be knowen as F4.

Is it time to change our identity? Do you think we'll lose some of that identity if we change the way we are referred to? What else would you call it aprt from miniature roadrace classes f4 and F5?

Discuss......
hahaha... if you want it called Formula 4 or Formula 5... best you get a Formula race track 1st :woohoo:
As above rename to 'Buckets (F4&F5)'

Buddha#81
12th August 2008, 07:52
Our bikes are buckets expect the FXRs abd CBRs... they are elegable street Stock bikes and should be knowen as F4.

Not now, most of them are too "modified" to run in Street Stock. Effectively most are highly modified commuter bikes.........oh yeah they're BUCKET's, the fact you don't like them cause they are new and cool and dont need spannering. :girlfight:

When was the last time you had to spanner R's MotoFXR? :dodge:

I sit on the fence on the name change. I think F4 & F5 even miniture road racing does send a better message to the motorcyling community and public alike, but try changing your name when your 35 years old and most people would ask "why the fark ya do that.....you have allways been known as....."

Rashika
12th August 2008, 08:24
To me its Buckets, unless I wanna show it as a little bit more classy or try to explain that its is a smaller cc level of bike racing, then its F4/F5.

People usually know what F1, 2 and 3 are, so F4 is fairly easy to explain as a smaller CC rating. And THEN I usually explain that buckets is another name for it.
I like the term Buckets; its quirky, unique, and fun... really epitomises what Buckets are all about.

Funnily enough, I reckon Street stock will have the same issue, cos its kinda hard to explain to people what Streetstock is at times.. not that I race in the class.

Sully60
12th August 2008, 08:31
Funnily enough, I reckon Street stock will have the same issue, cos its kinda hard to explain to people what Streetstock is at times.. not that I race in the class.

I just told people I raced 150's. When you live in Upper Hutt and you tell people you race streetstock they ask you if you drive a Valiant or a Falcon:pokey:

Skunk
12th August 2008, 09:06
Its not a slang name... Wrong. Buckets is a slang name. We all use it. Also, to address another point you raised, the track we race on is irrelevant.

if it imbrases youNot at all. You'll hardly ever hear me call it F4 or F5 unless I'm referring to the sub class.

Now as the BUCKET club pressie when promoting bigger events we say 'buckets F4 and F5' it covers bota avenues.There's the point.

Good points have ben made on both sides, how ever I have never had anyone contact me asking about F4 and F5... they say "Ive been hearing a lot about bucket racing, how do I get involved.And off they go to the rule book and can't find the rules.

Lets keep the tradition cranking just like the airforce boys did.It's the Airforce boys who got it recognised as F4 and F5 so they could compete at events like the Streetraces. It had to be a rulebook class with clear rules under MNZ cover. Otherwise you wouldn't be at Greymouth. Or racing at BEARS meetings. Or need a MNZ licence. Every meeting would be a black meeting.

Our bikes are buckets expect the FXRs abd CBRs... they are elegable street Stock bikes and should be knowen as F4.Duh! Read the rulebook.

Anyway - the question never was should we rename the class; it was should we rename this forum.

Few if any replies have addressed that. Did anyone read the reasons for the suggestion? I'd guess not as most didn't even read the title!

Buckets4Me
12th August 2008, 09:24
Bucket forum foreva :woohoo:

:scooter:
:yes:

koba
12th August 2008, 10:30
What about:
"Buckets. (F4/F5)"
Or

"Formula Four and Five Bucket racers, politically correct named, never excluding the height challenged formerly known as dwaves,
our semetic friends formerly known as Jews, the dutch, and the tangatawhenua.
Forum."

Ok I am taking the piss, I am personally not fussed as I can see benefits (no offence to anyone on one) to both names.
Buckets = Readily identifiable.
F4 / F5 = Tachnically correct and a wee bit posh.

Skunk
12th August 2008, 10:52
I think the challenge here is to get people thinking of highly modified small capacity bikes using a whole heap of No. 8 wire thinking when they hear the term bucket...rather than people thinking "bucket of shit"Calling them Buckets and then explaining it comes from 'buckets of shit' is hardly going to help.

The name Buckets has always conjured up the image of crazy fun for me. Calling them Formula 4/5 doesn't seem right. They're a fun series, typified by names such as Pamela Bucket, North Welly Massif, etc.True...

To me its Buckets, unless I wanna show it as a little bit more classy or try to explain that its is a smaller cc level of bike racing, then its F4/F5. People usually know what F1, 2 and 3 are, so F4 is fairly easy to explain as a smaller CC rating. And THEN I usually explain that buckets is another name for it. I like the term Buckets; its quirky, unique, and fun... really epitomises what Buckets are all about.Exactly. I'm not suggesting we do away with the term Buckets, just include the official name to change the negative perceptions without destroying the positive; Buckets (F4/F5).

We all have fun racing 'Buckets' and build our bikes to the F4 or F5 rules.

Rashika
12th August 2008, 14:23
Few if any replies have addressed that. Did anyone read the reasons for the suggestion? I'd guess not as most didn't even read the title!

Corse we did, but why stop a good scrap... err discussion :cool:

Skunk
12th August 2008, 14:52
Corse we did, but why stop a good scrap... err discussion :cool:
You're right...

There's a hole in my bucket.

Hohohoho.

Nasty
12th August 2008, 15:01
Some backgroup on buckets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucket_racing

In addtion from the MNZ guidelines/rulebook

http://www.motorcyclingnz.co.nz/download/Chapter_24_Miniature_Road_Racing.pdf

Rule 24.1 "...miniture road racing class or 'bucket racing' ...."

Skunk
12th August 2008, 15:11
Some backgroup on buckets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucket_racingYeah, well. I had a hand in writing that and used the slang name as in Aussie they have different rules.

In addtion from the MNZ guidelines/rulebook

http://www.motorcyclingnz.co.nz/download/Chapter_24_Miniature_Road_Racing.pdf

Rule 24.1 "...miniture road racing class or 'bucket racing' ...."A little more of that sound bite:

24 ROAD RACING - MINIATURE

24-1 The Miniature Road Racing class or `Bucket Racing’ as it is also known, shall be deemed to include solo motorcycles and sidecars.

24-2 Motorcycles Technical:
24-2-1 Solo motorcycles shall have two engine capacity classes:

F4

2 stroke 55-100cc

2 stroke 55-125cc air cooled

4 stroke 55-150cc
F5

2 stroke 0-50cc

4 stroke 0-100cc air cooled

k14
12th August 2008, 15:34
Anyway - the question never was should we rename the class; it was should we rename this forum.

To be honest, I think it is the same question. If you change the name of this forum to something other than buckets you are by implication changing the name of it as percieved by the public in general.

As it has already been stated (by multiple people in this thread) that they have never heard of the term F4 or F5. I too have never heard people refer to the classes as F4 and F5. It is always buckets. At all race meetings, newsletters, online forums it is just buckets. I don't see the point of bringing in another naming convention just because someone thinks that the term is derogatory. If someone feels too insecure to call their bike a bucket then go and spend $30k on a superbike. Then you can sleep well in knowing that ignorant non-bikers will think you are cool!!

Thats my 2c anyway. :shutup:

Skunk
12th August 2008, 15:42
To be honest, I think it is the same question. If you change the name of this forum to something other than buckets you are by implication changing the name of it as percieved by the public in general.

As it has already been stated (by multiple people in this thread) that they have never heard of the term F4 or F5. I too have never heard people refer to the classes as F4 and F5. It is always buckets. At all race meetings, newsletters, online forums it is just buckets. I don't see the point of bringing in another naming convention just because someone thinks that the term is derogatory. If someone feels too insecure to call their bike a bucket then go and spend $30k on a superbike. Then you can sleep well in knowing that ignorant non-bikers will think you are cool!!

The fact that some people are ignorant and don't bother reading the rule book is no excuse to continue with incorrect behaviour! :lol: :Pokey:

That is it in a nutshell. F4 and F5 is used so little that you don't even know it - and you're racing in it!

Anyway, I'm only interested in making more people aware of BOTH names.
Also F4/F5 sounds better when approaching councils and the like.

It may not help that you Southerners (with your big track) hardly see any F5 bikes; and that you've tweaked the rules into Superbucket and Production, which don't exist in the rule book.

k14
12th August 2008, 15:48
The fact that some people are ignorant and don't bother reading the rule book is no excuse to continue with incorrect behaviour! :lol: :Pokey:

That is it in a nutshell. F4 and F5 is used so little that you don't even know it - and you're racing in it!

Anyway, I'm only interested in making more people aware of BOTH names.
Also F4/F5 sounds better when approaching councils and the like.

It may not help that you Southerners (with your big track) hardly see any F5 bikes; and that you've tweaked the rules into Superbucket and Production, which don't exist in the rule book.
I should have been slightly clearer, I have always known F4 and F5 etc. But I haqve never heard anyone refer to the bucket class in the formal F4/F5 language. In the pits, online etc its always just called buckets. :scooter:

Skunk
12th August 2008, 16:08
I should have been slightly clearer, I have always known F4 and F5 etc. But I haqve never heard anyone refer to the bucket class in the formal F4/F5 language. In the pits, online etc its always just called buckets. :scooter:
Same here to be honest. Only we do have separate races for F5 at the Slipway so a call goes out for the 50's. Only it's a F5 race which includes 80cc 4 strokes (not that we have any).

I think I'm coming across as pedantic - it's not intended. I just feel we're losing sight of the class rules as each region does it's own thing and, over time, this will make it hard to have a National Championship.

I'd just like the see F4/F5 appear more often - especially when it matters.

Kickaha
12th August 2008, 17:27
this will make it hard to have a National Championship.

No it wont, when it comes to NZ champs the MNZ rules are all that matters

Oh yeah and can someone give some examples of when having the class/forum called Buckets has been detrimental to the class or anything to do with organising stuff for it?

dangerous
12th August 2008, 18:54
Na that was bloody well said.

Wrong.... title!
remember I was taking the piss with ya Skunk, :niceone:

What about:
"Buckets. (F4/F5)"
Thats what I said... i have no worries with the name change having bote buckets and F4 in the title.

this will make it hard to have a National Championship.
Ahh crap man, we have a NZ GP reconition, we are reconasised at streat races and hold our own Tourist Trophy, BOB cup... we do bloody well man, what d you want an hour on Shell sport... ohh hang on we have been on TV already.

No it wont, when it comes to NZ champs the MNZ rules are all that matters

Oh yeah and can someone give some examples of when having the class/forum called Buckets has been detrimental to the class or anything to do with organising stuff for it?

damn straight...

I dont give a rats arse what its called... Ill always know it as Buckets, its as simple as that.
I was introduced to it as buckets and Ill finish up with it being buckets.

speedpro
12th August 2008, 19:52
Those aussies are funny. Bucket racing started in Oz and has now spread to NZ - ha!

I remember communicating with them when it all was starting over there. It really quickly got all political with completely different rules in every state to the point where a bucket from one state wasn't legal in another state. I even joined the BRA for a while. I also sent them a write-up and photos from a meeting we had on the wharf in Wellington. There was a photo of a few bucket sidecars racing which really got them going but I'm pretty sure nothing came of it in the end.

They are pretty keen though so it's all good.

Skunk
12th August 2008, 19:57
Ahh crap man, we have a NZ GP reconition, we are reconasised at streat races and hold our own Tourist Trophy, BOB cup... we do bloody well man, what d you want an hour on Shell sport... ohh hang on we have been on TV already.I was thinking more along the lines of areas continuing to develop their own rules without regard to the MNZ rules and no longer having the numbers of legal bikes.

As long as everyone knows the real rules it won't happen like that. I'm concerned that people don't know what they're racing in.

At a Vic Club meet I had a rider ask me what the red and orange flag meant when it was shown at the dummy grid. With that sort awareness of the rulebook what hope is there? :lol:

dangerous
12th August 2008, 20:17
I was thinking more along the lines of areas continuing to develop their own rules without regard to the MNZ rules and no longer having the numbers of legal bikes. [/I]Sorry giz an example not with ya there

As long as everyone knows the real rules it won't happen like that. I'm concerned that people don't know what they're racing in.
ummm... if they dont know what they are racing in how the hell did they get dressed in the morning, not with ya again?

At a Vic Club meet I had a rider ask me what the red and orange flag meant when it was shown at the dummy grid. With that sort awareness of the rulebook what hope is there? :lol:

This a licenced rider?
And well I duno what it means, never seen that... do inlighten

And how does thisfit into the thread?

Skunk
12th August 2008, 20:37
Sorry giz an example not with ya thereChch - superbuckets and proddies. Go a step further... (Actually I like the way that's done. Encourages beginners. We split classes on lap times at the Slipway.)

ummm... if they dont know what they are racing in how the hell did they get dressed in the morning, not with ya again?

...I don't even know where our stable of bikes sit in this F4 - F5classing :baby:
This a licenced rider?
And well I duno what it means, never seen that... do inlightenYou've been drinking.

Seriously; I just think F4/F5 should be shown a little more. Buckets is what they are; F4 and F5 are their class. And pure class they are.

Kickaha
12th August 2008, 20:40
Chch - superbuckets and proddies. Go a step further...

Don't forget the premier MotoFXR class

Skunk
12th August 2008, 20:41
Don't forget the premier MotoFXR class
I wish I could.

Number One
12th August 2008, 20:56
Chch - superbuckets and proddies. Go a step further... (Actually I like the way that's done. Encourages beginners. We split classes on lap times at the Slipway.)

You've been drinking.

Seriously; I just think F4/F5 should be shown a little more. Buckets is what they are; F4 and F5 are their class. And pure class they are.
OI! Don't blardy drag me into this :lol:

dangerous
12th August 2008, 21:06
Chch - superbuckets and proddies. Go a step further... (Actually I like the way that's done. Encourages beginners. We split classes on lap times at the Slipway.)

And this is why I introduced 'classic super F4's' and a 'womans trophy' and 'MOFO HOMO FIXERS'... Ill add any bloody thing for the fun of it, Proddie cup has always been there as far as I know... its all a good thing as it gives people a chance to aim at a gole other than the championship, which is only going to be one by a FXR or CBR, its about having fun and getting something back from ya efforts (like your crowd did with some silly certs from the BOB) we aint milioneares in BUCKETS but that dont stop us from racing and neither should it.

BTW...I don't even know where our stable of bikes sit in this F4 - F5classing :baby:
umm, what you guys got again, Sully60 is an F4
F4 2 stroke, 55-130.5cc (over 100cc must be air cooled)
4 stroke, 55-150cc (over 104cc must be nataraly asperated)

F5 2 stroke, 50-53cc
4 stroke, 0-104cc

Number One
12th August 2008, 21:07
Thankyou sir :sunny: Sully was going to tell me at some stage if I'd nagged :lol:

Trudes
12th August 2008, 21:13
its about having fun and getting something back from ya efforts (like your crowd did with some silly certs from the BOB)

Hey, I'm very proud of my "silly certs" from the BOB, they take pride of place next to the computer!!;)

dangerous
12th August 2008, 21:27
Hey, I'm very proud of my "silly certs" from the BOB, they take pride of place next to the computer!!;)

Mine are like wall paper in the spear room :wari:

Trudes
12th August 2008, 21:28
Mine are like wall paper in the spear room :wari:

Well i guess after another 30 years mine might be too...:bleh:

Number One
12th August 2008, 21:32
Well i guess after another 30 years mine might be too...:bleh:
She's calling you old D! How rude...don't take that from her! :lol:

Night all

Slingshot
12th August 2008, 21:34
F4 2 stroke, 55-130.5cc (over 100cc must be air cooled)
4 stroke, 55-150cc (over 104cc must be nataraly asperated)
And restriction in carb size for 125cc 2-stroke.

Slingshot
12th August 2008, 21:42
Miniature Road Racing Rules (http://www.motorcyclingnz.co.nz/download/Chapter_24_Miniature_Road_Racing.pdf)

I don't think anyone has linked to them yet.

dangerous
13th August 2008, 06:02
She's calling you old D! How rude...don't take that from her! :lol: Dont worry i bashed her with some mean oll rep hahahaha.......... :scooter:

Kickaha
13th August 2008, 06:40
other than the championship, which is only going to be one by a FXR or CBR

Bullshit it is, someone just needs to get off their arse and build a decent bike and they'll get beaten

I can see that happening quite soon actually

dangerous
13th August 2008, 06:53
Bullshit it is, someone just needs to get off their arse and build a decent bike and they'll get beaten

hahaha... every time a coconut, I posted that delibratly cos I knew you coludnt resist :whistle:

Well whom ever beter hurry up cos the seasons nearly over, and best you check tighten everything for him.

Rashika
13th August 2008, 08:05

yeah but as D says it wont be this season...
BRING BACK MR D COTTON :innocent: :shutup:

Trudes
13th August 2008, 09:07
Dont worry i bashed her with some mean oll rep hahahaha.......... :scooter:

Did you like mine back? :laugh:

Sully60
13th August 2008, 16:52
Thankyou sir Sully was going to tell me at some stage if I'd nagged

Miniature Road Racing Rules (http://www.motorcyclingnz.co.nz/download/Chapter_24_Miniature_Road_Racing.pdf)

I don't think anyone has linked to them yet.

Great thread reading skills you lot! No wonder this country is toast, government workers and bankers with the reading and comprehension skills of single cell organisms.:bleh:!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1677541&postcount=24

This thread's going off! Keep up the debate, there's some interesting viewpoints coming out:niceone:

Skunk
13th August 2008, 17:00
Great thread reading skills you lot! No wonder this country is toast, government workers and bankers with the reading and comprehension skills of single cell organisms.
I've given up with the reading skills displayed. :killingme

Kickaha
13th August 2008, 17:31
Well whom ever beter hurry up cos the seasons nearly over, and best you check tighten everything for him.

Your bke is quite capable of beating them, just not while you own it, maintain it or ride it :bleh:

yeah but as D says it wont be this season...
BRING BACK MR D COTTON :innocent: :shutup:

Are you forgetting DC was beaten by 2 different riders at the BOB a couple of years ago in the sprint races?, he was never as fast as he should have been because he didn't ever have anyone to put pressure on him and I think if he came back now he certainly wouldn't be winning straight up

On just to keep yeah on topic, no the name shouldn't be changed (might have said that already)

Rback
13th August 2008, 17:43
I started racing "Buckets" way back in 1988 at Mt Wellington and even did the Fielding roadrace when we had the Superbikes at Manfield. They were named "buckets due to the nature that they were made. Not necessarily from the way they looked. Back then we had some awesome Buckets. Keep the name.
My 2 cents

Slingshot
13th August 2008, 17:47
Great thread reading skills you lot! No wonder this country is toast, government workers and bankers with the reading and comprehension skills of single cell organisms.:bleh:!

I've given up with the reading skills displayed. :killingme

Sorry, I'm not really sure what either of you are trying to say here, could one of you explain it on Saturday please.

Nasty
13th August 2008, 17:47
we don't have forums for F1,2 or 3 and not motards or clubmans ... so is what you are wanting to be included in the racing forum with everyone else? Cos that would be easy i am sure. This is the only class with their own forum ... should they just be incorporated so that it can be treated as just another race?

Skunk
13th August 2008, 17:50
Don't mention the war!

Opps, I mean don't mention F4/F5. I don't get why everyone is so dead set against this being mentioned? Are you all ashamed of it or what?

No one is happy with Buckets (F4/F5)?

Skunk
13th August 2008, 17:51
we don't have forums for F1,2 or 3 and not motards or clubmans ... so is what you are wanting to be included in the racing forum with everyone else? Cos that would be easy i am sure. This is the only class with their own forum ... should they just be incorporated so that it can be treated as just another race?
Most certainly not.

Number One
13th August 2008, 17:57
Sorry, I'm not really sure what either of you are trying to say here, could one of you explain it on Saturday please.
I'm gonna get Sully to explain it tonight!!! :spanking:

dangerous
13th August 2008, 18:49
No one is happy with Buckets (F4/F5)?

YES, I said i was as did Koba... but after Nastys post, NA leave it buckets... no other Formula has there own forum, so why should F4, we are a special and lucky bunch to have a 'Bucket' forum... so that is how it should stay.

we don't have forums for F1,2 or 3 and not motards or clubmans ... so is what you are wanting to be included in the racing forum with everyone else?

k14
13th August 2008, 19:28
The bucket forum was created due to the fact that we were swamping the racing forum with too much bucket talk. Leave it as is, if it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Buckets4Me
13th August 2008, 20:06
unless it's a bucket then fix it till it brakes :bash:

gav
13th August 2008, 20:43

Errr, not quite, last time I checked we have Drags, Trials, Stunt Riding, Classic Sidecar Racing and a Post Classic Racing Assn forums, just the Bucket forum is more active than all the rest put together!! Good stuff you lot, keep it up! :done:

nudemetalz
13th August 2008, 20:54
unless it's a bucket then fix it till it brakes :bash:

Some buckets don't brake too well, but they certainly break well !!
(Lady P does both !!)

As Nasty says, we're lucky to have "Bucket Forum".
Please leave as is :) :scooter:

dangerous
13th August 2008, 21:11
Errr, not quite, last time I checked we have Drags, Trials, Stunt Riding, Classic Sidecar Racing and a Post Classic Racing Assn forums, just the Bucket forum is more active than all the rest put together!! Good stuff you lot, keep it up! :done:

ERRRR... not quite Gav, we are refering to those under 'Comp Riding' you have included 'Clubs'
So its,
Racing... all racing classes
Stunt.... not racing but stunting
trails..... not racing but timed
Drags.... Draging not ya typical racing like we do
Buckets. racing, the ONLY racing class out side of the racing forum

It would be BMRC under clubs not buckets.

koba
13th August 2008, 21:45
the Bucket forum is more active than all the rest put together!! Good stuff you lot, keep it up! :done:

even if most of it is shit talk...:innocent:

Skunk
13th August 2008, 21:55
On Visordown they seem to be confused... Could be the Southern advise they get: The Forum is BEARS, Post Classics, Classics, Pre War, Bucket Racers, F4 & F5

Buddha#81
13th August 2008, 22:03
ERRRR... not quite Gav, we are refering to those under 'Comp Riding' you have included 'Clubs'
So its,
Racing... all racing classes
Stunt.... not racing but stunting
trails..... not racing but timed
Drags.... Draging not ya typical racing like we do

You blardy knob.....all the above is all forms of motorsport........Farken penny pinching gingernut!:bash:

dangerous
13th August 2008, 22:03
On Visordown they seem to be confused... Could be the Southern advise they get: The Forum is BEARS, Post Classics, Classics, Pre War, Bucket Racers, F4 & F5

yip and im always asking bren for a seperate buckets forum, but he reckns its not busy neff.. go figer

Buddha#81
13th August 2008, 22:05

No confusion down here........Thats what the forum is!

dangerous
13th August 2008, 22:06
You blardy knob.....all the above is all forms of motorsport........Farken penny pinching gingernut!:bash:

piss off noddy... a 'club' isnt a fprm of motor sport a club could be a knitting club and that sure as hell aint no motorsport... look here ya 4 eyed git http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Buddha#81
13th August 2008, 22:09
piss off noddy... a 'club' isnt a fprm of motor sport a club could be a knitting club and that sure as hell aint no motorsport... look here ya 4 eyed git http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

ya blardy fool who mention "club".....your going mad man!

Skunk
13th August 2008, 22:18
OK, it needs spelling out for the thick Southerners: Bucket Racers and F4 & F5. They are the same thing Noobs! :killingme

SHELRACING
13th August 2008, 22:26
Bucket racing seems to be something that a lot of people who either race or ride bikes have heard of.
It's been around for a very long time and is well known by the name.
Why change it to something that is not recognised, especially when promoting the sport is hard enough.

Why not concentrate on getting more riders on the track.

Our youngsters should be starting off on buckets. This gives them great
riding skills, that I believe, can't be taught anywhere else.

Skunk
13th August 2008, 22:43
What I can't believe is the number of people who think we're proposing to change what it's called.

It's not a law change that says 'you shall not call it anything but ----'.

It's a suggestion that the official names of the classes get more exposure.

I think it needs it going by some of the comments on here.

gav
13th August 2008, 23:01
So its,
Racing... all racing classes = Comp Riding
Stunt.... not racing but stunting = Comp Riding
trails..... not racing but timed = Comp Riding
Drags.... Draging not ya typical racing like we do = Comp Riding
= bollocks! :2guns:

If you go and actually check out the Classic Sidecar Racing forum, it should actually be under the Competition Riding forum, not under clubs. All the above forums are correct, Trials is as much a Competition Riding event as is Drags etc as is Buckets, stop nit picking!! Yeah, agree NZPCRA is under clubs but would probably get more exposure under the Comp Riding banner maybe?

And F4/F5 are not new terms, have probably been in your Rule book for at least 15 years!

dangerous
14th August 2008, 06:08
Our youngsters should be starting off on buckets. This gives them great
riding skills, that I believe, can't be taught anywhere else.

I DISAGREE NO, well not down here anyway... buckets is NOT a beginers/youngster class, for that there is 150 streestock.
Let me tell you why, bikes down here have lap times not far off F1 on B track, we are fast and agressive that is no place for a learner, eg: two years ago a backmarker (youngster) colided with me as I pased, he went down hard and fast, he was KOed and having a fit by the time I got back to him, it was frightening... he freaked out when the race leader passed on the inside ans stod his bike up and went straight as I passed on the outside.

dangerous
14th August 2008, 06:17
OK, it needs spelling out for the thick Southerners: Bucket Racers and F4 & F5. They are the same thing Noobs! :killingme
thick, thick huh, come here and say that... I knew what you ment LOL address the forum owner Bren-chch but he wont listen hes to up himself :spanking:

If you go and actually check out the Classic Sidecar Racing forum, it should actually be under the Competition Riding forum, not under clubs. All the above forums are correct, Trials is as much a Competition Riding event as is Drags etc as is Buckets, stop nit picking!! Yeah, agree NZPCRA is under clubs but would probably get more exposure under the Comp Riding banner maybe?

And F4/F5 are not new terms, have probably been in your Rule book for at least 15 years!

FFS Gav, I know all classes above are comp riding DOH cos as I posted they are under the sub forums comp riding... the others you mention are under the clubs sub forum.

ya blardy fool who mention "club".....your going mad man!

Went mad a log time ago... whats your point with ya 1st post then, Gav quoted forums that arnt in the sub forum comp racing... so you were agreeing with me, weird way about it jolly jelly belly :2guns:

Kickaha
14th August 2008, 06:31
I think it needs it going by some of the comments on here.

Going by some of the comments on here I think it doesn't

I'm still waiting for evidence to back up the comments avbout being disadvantaged because of the name "Buckets"

: two years ago a backmarker (youngster) colided with me as I pased, he went down hard and fast, he was KOed and having a fit by the time I got back to him, it was frightening... he freaked out when the race leader passed on the inside ans stod his bike up and went straight as I passed on the outside.

That backmarker at the time had been racing longer and had more racing experiences than you did

dangerous
14th August 2008, 06:54
That backmarker at the time had been racing longer and had more racing experiences than you did

MY POINT IS... and I dont know how long Nipper has been racing but thats erlevent cos

he is a YOUNGESTER and he is LEARNING ie hes a beginer, time in the saddle has nothing to do with it, if what you say is correct, then perhaps he should look for another hobbie.

BTW what does track time mean anyway, its riding capibilitys in general, that reflects your skill on the track some how I dont think he was riding like me in 1980 in fact he wasent born

your post is meningless.

Rashika
14th August 2008, 09:04

if that was the case (and I know at that time he had been racing longer than D had) then his 'experience' would have taught him to hold his line and not stand the bike up. So maybe his experience wasn't all that extensive...

Not getting at Nipper at all, cos it was very scary for all to see him on the track. He's just an unfortunate example of some (and I say SOME cos others have huge experience and do well, but still fk up occasionally)... Some young riders in a class they probably shouldn't be in till they have had a few years under their belt, be it road or track. Experience can only be learned over time.
Buckets in chch CAN be extremely close and tricky racing at times.

Skunk
14th August 2008, 09:22
I'm still waiting for evidence to back up the comments avbout being disadvantaged because of the name "Buckets"
Who said it's disadvantaged? I only said it looks better F4/F5 on official stuff and helps raise the awareness of the official name.

Skunk
14th August 2008, 09:23
if that was the case (and I know at that time he had been racing longer than D had) then his 'experience' would have taught him to hold his line and not stand the bike up. So maybe his experience wasn't all that extensive...

Not getting at Nipper at all, cos it was very scary for all to see him on the track. He's just an unfortunate example of some (and I say SOME cos others have huge experience and do well, but still fk up occasionally)... Some young riders in a class they probably shouldn't be in till they have had a few years under their belt, be it road or track. Experience can only be learned over time.
Buckets in chch CAN be extremely close and tricky racing at times.
The very reason we split F4 classes on lap times/experience.

F5 Dave
14th August 2008, 09:27
guys, guys. Why can't we all just get alowng

There's no need to fight about it. We should be able to sort this issue out with reason, or a ballot.

. . . or perhaps a race!:shifty:

[time to click the unsubscribe button again]

Skunk
14th August 2008, 09:34
Chicken! Get back in here.

Trudes
14th August 2008, 09:54
Geeze, what a bunch of bitches! :girlfight:

I don't know if it really matters what we're referred to on KB, most of us have alias user names so we can't be too worried about the correct name for things. Generally bucket people are the ones who use the forum and most of us know that we are also F4 and F5 so isn't that all that matters?
Now get back to your knitting and baking girls.:shutup:

Rashika
14th August 2008, 11:17
The very reason we split F4 classes on lap times/experience.

ahhh if only we had a track to ourselves! :rockon:

Skunk
14th August 2008, 11:19
Oh, you mean we've got something you haven't? :lol:

Trudes
14th August 2008, 11:20

Maybe Rashika was referring to the real ladies of F4..:msn-wink:

Skunk
14th August 2008, 11:31
You can't say F4! No one says F4! Stop it!

Rashika
14th August 2008, 15:20

yeah now THAT would be fun! :2thumbsup

dangerous
14th August 2008, 18:24

There's no need to fight about it. We should be able to sort this issue out with reason, or a ballot.

. . . or perhaps a race!:shifty:

Dave, Dave.. Dave, 1st of all we are getting on this is a forum of debate, we are debating dont mean we wana kill each other.
2nd, ballot... I dont do that girley dancing shit, I leave that to the likes of the FXR kind, but yeah a poll would be good (not for dancing, but I wouldnt complain if any of the F4 girls wanted to dance on it)
3rd, no need to unsubcribe Im me kick is roger... wont ever change, sit back and laugh ya farking arse off at our expence.

Skunk
14th August 2008, 19:17
yeah now THAT would be fun! :2thumbsup
I'm always ready to watch...

Buddha#81
14th August 2008, 19:21
Dave, Dave.. Dave, 1st of all we are getting on this is a forum of debate, we are debating dont mean we wana kill each other.
2nd, ballot... I dont do that girley dancing shit, I leave that to the likes of the FXR kind, but yeah a poll would be good (not for dancing, but I wouldnt complain if any of the F4 girls wanted to dance on it)
3rd, no need to unsubcribe Im me kick is roger... wont ever change, sit back and laugh ya farking arse off at our expence.

Like I said MAD!!!!!!!!!:drool:

Kickaha
14th August 2008, 19:41
Who said it's disadvantaged? I only said it looks better F4/F5 on official stuff and helps raise the awareness of the official name.

I was talking about the below comments from Sully60

It's just I've experienced some negativity from promoters and clubs in the past regarding bucket racing and I don't want any preconceptions to to stymey any opportunities, things are getting better in this respect though.

MY POINT IS... and I do who would kick your arse without rasing a sweat and wouldn't have even ridden a road bikent know how long Nipper has been racing but thats erlevent cos

It's not erlevent at all

if what you say is correct, then perhaps he should look for another hobbie

If I fell off on the warm up lap all by myself I think I'd start looking for another hobby to

BTW what does track time mean anyway, its riding capibilitys in general, that reflects your skill on the track some how I dont think he was riding like me in 1980 in fact he wasent born

Track time in a race situation means a lot more than road time, road riding doesn't translate directly to the track, you only have to attend a have a go day to see that, there's a lot of riders who weren't born in 1980 who would kick your arse without raising a sweat and would have hardly ridden a road bike

A lot of top level road racers dont even ride on the road so your analogy is irrelevant (note correct spelling)

your post is meningless.

At least it's in easy to understand English

Everyone makes mistakes, 9 out 10 you'll get away with it but when the racing is hard and fast the margin between getting away with it and having a biggie gets a lot smaller

3 people down on warm up laps at BOB and one of those a very experienced rider, so the level of experience doesn't guarantee anything

When I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you :bleh:

That would be the only thing :finger:

Oh yeah, no the name shouldn't change, keep it buckets (febble attempt to keep it on topic)

Skunk
14th August 2008, 19:46
Oh yeah, no the name shouldn't change, keep it buckets (febble attempt to keep it on topic)Too feeble (note correct spelling). Try again. :shutup:

Kickaha
14th August 2008, 19:47
Too feeble (note correct spelling). Try again. :shutup:

I was spelling it in a way Dangerous could understand it

dangerous
14th August 2008, 20:15
Kickaha... you are so full of shit.

Dave... I take it all back, Im with you.

Kickaha
14th August 2008, 20:31
Kickaha... you are so full of shit.

At least I can present a decent argument without resorting to abuse

What were we talking about again, oh yeah, the name should stay the same

Skunk
14th August 2008, 20:33
Change it to Buckets (F4/F5) so everyone knows we don't include sidecars.

Kickaha
14th August 2008, 20:37
Change it to Buckets (F4/F5) so everyone knows we don't include sidecars.

But they're in the MNZ rule book with there own rules under Buckets (the correct name)

Str8 Jacket
14th August 2008, 20:53
. :wari: .

Skunk
14th August 2008, 20:54
I think you'll find the rulebook calls it 'ROAD RACING - MINIATURE' and acknowledges that it is known as 'Bucket Racing' and 'shall be deemed
to include solo motorcycles and sidecars.'

Just a few points.

Bucket Racing - not Buckets
Does not call it 'Buckets also known as Miniature Road Racing'

However; I see no need to include sidecars. They're for gheys. :lol:

Trudes
14th August 2008, 20:54
. :wari: .

I agree, can't bling ya, all out, but yeah, totally!

gav
14th August 2008, 21:42
Superbikes = Production Superbike, but when did you last hear it referred to as that?
Actually referring to the manual has anyone got the latest copy? When I renewed my licence, I got a letter that it would be sent out before 31 July, anyone else get that or seen the new book?

Trudes
14th August 2008, 21:47
Actually referring to the manual has anyone got the latest copy? When I renewed my licence, I got a letter that it would be sent out before 31 July, anyone else get that or seen the new book?

I got the same story, never seen 'The Book' before.

dangerous
15th August 2008, 06:07
Superbikes = Production Superbike, but when did you last hear it referred to as that?

What?

my leter said if I want a copy it will cost $$$

dangerous
15th August 2008, 06:19
We should be able to sort this issue out with reason, or a ballot.

Poll is up http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=79791 VOTE, VOTE, VOTE

RiderInBlack
15th August 2008, 06:30
Race a real bucket and not a race ready bike in that class, and ride the bucket class with pride. Race ready 125cc's should be in a different class IMHO. Buckets should stay as they were intended, Cobbled together "Buckets of Bolts". A cheap way of getting in to bike racing, where you bike mechanic/maintance skills count as much as ya riding.

gav
15th August 2008, 06:39
What?

my leter said if I want a copy it will cost $$$
Yip, thats right, you paid extra for the book, but they didnt have any, and said they would be sent out before 31 July.

gav
15th August 2008, 06:42
Race a real bucket and not a race ready bike in that class, and ride the bucket class with pride. Race ready 125cc's should be in a different class IMHO. Buckets should stay as they were intended, Cobbled together "Buckets of Bolts". A cheap way of getting in to bike racing, where you bike mechanic/maintance skills count as much as ya riding.
Buckets was always about taking a standard bike and making it better, nothing has changed. Race ready 125's have the 125GP class to race in, they are not buckets.

Skunk
15th August 2008, 07:42
Poll is up http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=79791 VOTE, VOTE, VOTE

And a useless poll it is. The whole point of this was to raise the profile of the official names of the class and you put up a poll that makes it one or the other. :yawn::crazy:

No one wants to do away the the name Buckets. Bloody Gingas...

Joni
15th August 2008, 10:10
I find it damn funny (at your expense) that a group of a dozen odd people arguing/debating on a forum thinks they are going change the way an entire class is dealt with nationally because of their written word on KB…

Get a grip people, KB is not the beginning and end of all racing in NZ. Your “debate” and poll will change fuck all with regards to the way “buckets” are run nationally.

But yes I do agree with Skunk… bloody ginga's!

Skunk
15th August 2008, 10:27
Being serious (for about the first time in this thread)... I'm not expecting anything to change nationally. All I'd like is for a few people to realise this is a Formula class and as such has rules. We get a few at the Slipway who think (as it's quite casual) that anything goes.
Well, no, it doesn't. Wheelies in the pits, joining in a race whenever you feel like etc are not on. I think, in our case, a little awareness will help improve things. Sooner or later the crap that goes on will bite us on the arse. It's all well and good having fun but we are to close the anarchy.
First move should be to show that there are some rules to be adhered too. Then enforce them.
Changing the name of the forum was a first idea along this path.

As you Southerners and Aucklanders run meetings to MNZ standards you don't really have the same issues. I can see us either having a serious accident or losing our venue. Neither are good for us, or the look of the sport.

I'm in two minds as to whether I should post this so please don't quote it as I'd like to be able to remove it if I feel the need to.

Trudes
15th August 2008, 10:54
Being serious (for about the first time in this thread)... I'm not expecting anything to change nationally. All I'd like is for a few people to realise this is a Formula class and as such has rules. We get a few at the Slipway who think (as it's quite casual) that anything goes.
Well, no, it doesn't. Wheelies in the pits, joining in a race whenever you feel like etc are not on. I think, in our case, a little awareness will help improve things. Sooner or later the crap that goes on will bite us on the arse. It's all well and good having fun but we are to close the anarchy.
First move should be to show that there are some rules to be adhered too. Then enforce them.

As you Southerners and Aucklanders run meetings to MNZ standards you don't really have the same issues. I can see us either having a serious accident or losing our venue. Neither are good for us, or the look of the sport.

I'm in two minds as to whether I should post this so please don't quote it as I'd like to be able to remove it if I feel the need to.

Oh waht was that? Don't quote you. Shit, sorry.
I agree though. As much as the casual attitude that prevails at the Slipway is really nice, especially when you're a noob and rules and regulations scare you, I agree that anarchy could easily set in and it would be a shame for us to lose the venue or someone get seriously hurt or killed because we didn't have a few simple rules about how to play nice and keep our noses clean. We are given a priveledge to race where we do, it's not a right, so the least we can do is to make sure we are good kids and play fair, makes it easier on Bayden too not to have to worry about what us naughty kids are doing in the pits while he is having fun trying to get a race or two in also and for the poor people who have to keep track of laps etc if people stick to their correct grade and don't join races half way through etc.

nudemetalz
15th August 2008, 11:28
Without quoting Skunk and Trudes, I agree wholeheartedly.

Number One
15th August 2008, 15:52
I find it damn funny (at your expense) that a group of a dozen odd people arguing/debating on a forum thinks they are going change the way an entire class is dealt with nationally because of their written word on KB…

Get a grip people, KB is not the beginning and end of all racing in NZ. Your “debate” and poll will change fuck all with regards to the way “buckets” are run nationally.

But yes I do agree with Skunk… bloody ginga's!
Thanks and no thanks for your input and slightly aggressive tone...chick, you missed the point and I agree with Skunk, Trudes and Nudey on this.

Joni
15th August 2008, 16:38
Thanks and no thanks for your input and slightly aggressive tone...chick, you missed the point and I agree with Skunk, Trudes and Nudey on this.You bite way to easily... that was Dangerous' job!

Bugger...

dangerous
15th August 2008, 17:55
No one wants to do away the the name Buckets. Bloody Gingas...
WHAT? you did the title of this forum, Sully wanted changed from buckets to F4 and you backed him up...

"Should this forum name be changed to Formula 4 and 5 instead of Buckets"

You bite way to easily... that was Dangerous' job!

Bugger...

Ohhh, umm well I still can, hold tight for a sec.

A) I find it damn funny (at your expense) that a group of a dozen odd people arguing/debating on a forum thinks they are going change the way an entire class is dealt with nationally because of their written word on KB…

B) Get a grip people, KB is not the beginning and end of all racing in NZ. Your “debate” and poll will change fuck all with regards to the way “buckets” are run nationally.

C) But yes I do agree with Skunk… bloody ginga's!

a) a dozon people that have a pasion LOL do you know what passion is?
a forum is exactly what this thread is for, ie: KB rocks.
nationaly... WTF we are talking about a forum title/name change

b) a grip on someones neck maybe, KB was the begining and ending of your life at one point... once again its got SFA to do with anything national.

c) bloody south african's

We get a few at the Slipway who think (as it's quite casual) that anything goes.

UMMMMM... seems the problem is intiley your clubs, best you sort it as we have no such issues here what so ever... sounds like you need someone that can take charge, christ its easy as to remove unwanted riders... best you guys get on the case cos changing a name on KB wont do anything for your problems.

Skunk
15th August 2008, 18:50
WHAT? you did the title of this forum, Sully wanted changed from buckets to F4 and you backed him up...

"Should this forum name be changed to Formula 4 and 5 instead of Buckets"
Actually I didn't do the title. And it was just that; a title. (You must have been really confused by "To Kill a Mockingbird"!)

As I replied to you elsewhere...
No old fella. You failed to follow ALL the discussion. He also said: "What else would you call it apart from miniature roadrace classes f4 and F5?" and on the discussion went. Or did your failing eyesight miss all that. :lol:

But you're right; we do need to sort 'our' 'club'. First we need a club! Second we need a membership. Steps are underway.

quallman1234
15th August 2008, 18:58
My foot hurts.

Skunk
15th August 2008, 19:00
Fool!

10chrs

Kendog
15th August 2008, 19:34
My suggestion for a new name combines the current name and an accessory a lot of people here like throwing around.

Bucket Handbag

timg
15th August 2008, 19:42
It's not bucket, it's bookaay. Now doesn't that sound better already? :sick: :)

(As in Mrs Bucket on the telly)

nudemetalz
15th August 2008, 20:57
Bookaay racing?
Sounds a little ghey...... :buggerd:

dangerous
16th August 2008, 09:17
But you're right; we do need to sort 'our' 'club'. First we need a club! Second we need a membership. Steps are underway.

Ok, so I been thinking bout this. To control riders at the track you need a form for them to sign, with the rules of the track if they disobay they are out of there. You need someone that isint racing wearing a dayglow vest, they keep an eye on people and there behaviour and inforce the rules.

As far as organinsing a MASSIF club, you need web site... but for now how about if I open a new page/catogry in the BMRC web site for you guys, once again you post the club rules (MNZ are already there) club members, race meets photos etc, you name it and ill sort it.

Above all someone needs to take control, apoint a Pressie sort a 2IC and ya well on the way to sorting your problems... and all this with out changing the forum name to F4 :whistle:

Buddha#81
16th August 2008, 10:13
Ok, so I been thinking bout this. To control riders at the track you need a form for them to sign, with the rules of the track if they disobay they are out of there. You need someone that isint racing wearing a dayglow vest, they keep an eye on people and there behaviour and inforce the rules.

As far as organinsing a MASSIF club, you need web site... but for now how about if I open a new page/catogry in the BMRC web site for you guys, once again you post the club rules (MNZ are already there) club members, race meets photos etc, you name it and ill sort it.

Above all someone needs to take control, apoint a Pressie sort a 2IC and ya well on the way to sorting your problems... and all this with out changing the forum name to F4 :whistle:

Sounds like a Communist State, next you will have a "rent a crowd" smiling and waving flags on the sidline, computer generated fireworks and Mili Vanili singing the National Anthem before we start racing.

You just need to run the meetings according to MNZ rules, then when you travel to MNZ permited meetings your Welly Massive guys arn't in for a shock.

Buddha#81
16th August 2008, 10:14
Bookaay racing?
Sounds a little ghey...... :buggerd:

Buquet Racing with knives? Hard enuf for ya?:Pokey::girlfight:

Trudes
16th August 2008, 11:28
Sounds like a Communist State, next you will have a "rent a crowd" smiling and waving flags on the sidline, computer generated fireworks and Mili Vanili singing the National Anthem before we start racing.

We already have that, it's called COL! :laugh:

Anyway, we're having our Norf Welly Massif AGM today, so hopefully we'll be able to sort some things out, thanks for the suggestions Southerners.:yes:

Number One
16th August 2008, 12:23
You bite way to easily... that was Dangerous' job!

Bugger...

You might say it was a jibe at Dangerous but your phrasing made it pretty clear to me you were telling all of US how silly YOU think we are all being.

This is exactly the kind of shit that is turning me way off KB at a great rate of knots - why has this discussion even had to degenerate into handbag slinging and insult throwing in the first place? :weird: That's not just aimed at just you either Joni and I've been guilty of it myself but it isn't really a valuable use of ones time now, is it? So why do we do it...

Sully asked a question and it wasn't about dropping the title of Buckets it was about calling it Buckets F4/F5 that way those interested (who don't know what it is) can easily find out what it is and look to get involved.

BTW too...seems I wasn't the only one who thought you were just having a snippy little dig at those of us who had had something to say on this thread...my bling would attest that quite a few thought you should keep your unhelpful comments to yourself.

You are right too...I don't know you...I've only seen you post and to be honest the majority of what I've seen would suggest that how I and others reacted to that post of yours is pretty damn spot on. :whistle:

Skunk
16th August 2008, 15:33

Whoa! Too hard.

That's more like a real club - with like, fees and minutes and stuff.

The Bucket stuff here has been kept casual to encourage people to start. We've barely got enough riders to cover costs now. Hard rules might put some off; and they may not be the ones who are the problem either.

But all this has nothing to do with the question posed - other than newbies who don't realise Buckets are F4/F5.

Kickaha
17th August 2008, 08:29
We get a few at the Slipway who think (as it's quite casual) that anything goes.

Well, no, it doesn't. Wheelies in the pits, joining in a race whenever you feel like etc are not on. I think, in our case, a little awareness will help improve things

Riders briefing should sort out what is acceptable and what isn't, you do have one dont you?

And whoever runs the meeting needs to take control and enfore the rules of the meeting and make sure the standard of behaviour is acceptable

Sooner or later the crap that goes on will bite us on the arse.

and when it does, who's in the firing line? who ever organised the event that's who

It's quite possible the landowner may also be liable for allowing the events to be run there

I can't see a name change making any difference

I can see us either having a serious accident or losing our venue. Neither are good for us, or the look of the sport.

Or a serious accident which cause you to loose the venue, is there any plan in place for when that happens?, because sooner or later it will (I'm talking either accident or venue loss)

missed this bit until it was to late :lol:

You might say it was a jibe at Dangerous but your phrasing made it pretty clear to me you were telling all of US how silly YOU think we are all being.

Not quite how I saw it and I thought it made the point that we can say what we like on here but it won't make any difference in the real world

This is exactly the kind of shit that is turning me way off KB at a great rate of knots

I get more turned off the forum by people who seem to spam as many threads as they can with nothing of consequence to say

Sully asked a question and it wasn't about dropping the title of Buckets it was about calling it Buckets F4/F5 that way those interested (who don't know what it is) can easily find out what it is and look to get involved.

It is far better known as Buckets and always will be and is very easy (especially on KB) to get info and get involved, the main reason for the increase in the size of the fields in Chch is people off KB joining up through the social networking and it didn't take a name change for that to happen, how many Welly people got involved because of seeing it on KB? would you have got involved otherwise?

The Bucket stuff here has been kept casual to encourage people to start. We've barely got enough riders to cover costs now. Hard rules might put some off; and they may not be the ones who are the problem either.

The rules don't have to be hard (and the MNZ rules aren't) but they have to promote both track and riding safety

But all this has nothing to do with the question posed - other than newbies who don't realise Buckets are F4/F5.

I'd ask it the other way a round, who would realise that F4/F5 are Buckets?

I once tried to enter a MCC meeting at Timaru and when asked for my class I replied "F4" and suprise suprise they had no idea what I was talking about untill I said "that's Buckets"

dangerous
17th August 2008, 08:38
WOW... thats a copy of what I posted a page back (dont think the Massie's are taking it in to well tho), cept for the #1 comment, come on J had that comming.

Kickaha
17th August 2008, 08:52
WOW... thats a copy of what I posted a page back

Bit more to my post than what you put up, you attended the MNZ meeting where they spoke about liability how to you think they will get on at the slipway if someone is seriously injured?

Especially if it is the result of a wheelie or someone joing a race 1/2 way through

Buckets,Buckets,Buckets,BucketsBuckets,Buckets,Buc kets,Buckets
:yes:

Nasty
17th August 2008, 10:37
Bit more to my post than what you put up, you attended the MNZ meeting where they spoke about liability how to you think they will get on at the slipway if someone is seriously injured?

Especially if it is the result of a wheelie or someone joing a race 1/2 way through

The guy who runs these meetings is not doing so as MNZ sanctioned. He is more than aware of how their meetings are run and I think is an ex steward. In fact it is explicitly not run under MNZ - no licences from them - etc.

Kickaha
17th August 2008, 11:15
The guy who runs these meetings is not doing so as MNZ sanctioned. He is more than aware of how their meetings are run and I think is an ex steward. In fact it is explicitly not run under MNZ - no licences from them - etc.

The fact they are not run as a MNZ meeting makes the question of liabilty even more important, as MNZ carry insurance etc in the event of a mishap

Buckets,Buckets,Buckets,BucketsBuckets,Buckets,

Nasty
17th August 2008, 11:20
The fact they are not run as a MNZ meeting makes the question of liabilty even more important, as MNZ carry insurance etc in the event of a mishap

Interesting spot of information that .. I didn't know that they covered privately run events.

Skunk
17th August 2008, 13:06
Interesting spot of information that .. I didn't know that they covered privately run events.
They don't cover private events. It's a risk that Bayden is taking. Trouble is his trying to compete and run the events. He needs help and the NWM is about to do something about it.

Skunk
17th August 2008, 13:32
I once tried to enter a MCC meeting at Timaru and when asked for my class I replied "F4" and suprise suprise they had no idea what I was talking about untill I said "that's Buckets"BINGO!
That is my whole argument. Buckets (F4/F5) and everyone would have the right idea. No-one wants to mention F4/F5 and now no-one knows what it is anymore.
Buckets is all classes, F4 and F5 are the sub classes. And of course the natural death - sidecars.

Nasty
17th August 2008, 13:41
They don't cover private events. It's a risk that Bayden is taking. Trouble is his trying to compete and run the events. He needs help and the NWM is about to do something about it.

Ah right .. so you are going to arrange your own race series ... is Wellington big enough to support two bucket events?

Number One
17th August 2008, 16:15
it made the point that we can say what we like on here but it won't make any difference in the real world

Yeah it did make that point bravo! AND at the same time it was a...'Madam trashheap has spoken' styled (and unnecessary) bitch slap!

JUST making a point my arse...she was also being bitchy. AND it was pretty unnecessary to her 'point'. THAT WAS the *point* I was making... At least I own my bitchiness. Why yes...I am being a bitch...BUT atleast I'm an honest bitch

IS this the part where I get my man to come on and defend my honour? :laugh:

I was making an honest and observational comment based on that snippy little post...FTR...when someone says 'get a grip people' and mentions 'a dozen or so of you' that isn't what is normally construed at a dig at a single person.

people who seem to spam as many threads as they can with nothing of consequence to say

Don't like it.....click ignore...it's the in thing right now afterall ;)

OH and once more for the record..I agree what things are called on here and what goes on in here is pretty inconsequential oh and no I didn't take up buckets after reading KB.

Kickaha
17th August 2008, 17:20

Thats wasn't what I meant

Exactly

Ah right .. so you are going to arrange your own race series ... is Wellington big enough to support two bucket events?

He didn't say anything about running another event

That is my whole argument. Buckets (F4/F5) and everyone would have the right idea. No-one wants to mention F4/F5 and now no-one knows what it is anymore.

Just say Buckets and everyone knows anyway, no need to even mention F4/F5

Skunk
17th August 2008, 18:36
That's not what I said at all. I said Bayden needs help.

He needs help and the NWM is about to do something about it.
Where does that say
so you are going to arrange your own race series

gav
17th August 2008, 18:38
If anyone asks you race Buckets and they have a couple of classes F4 and F5, if you run Supermotard do you say you race S1 or S2 instead of Supertards? :confused:

chanceyy
17th August 2008, 18:44
hmm guys now i have just read all 174 posts

Now healthy debate is one thing .. but its getting close to just being all out slanging match. Everyone take a deep breath, & stop taking some of the comments so personally.

Do you think thats helping the initial question of changing the forum name from buckets to buckets (F4/5)

now IMHO at the end of the day a change on KB i have to agree that other classes do not have their own sub category - never thought buckets as being a bucket of shite either .. but at least I know what they are

I still struggle with knowing what the other F classes are .. :whistle:

Skunk
17th August 2008, 22:22
If anyone asks you race Buckets and they have a couple of classes F4 and F5, if you run Supermotard do you say you race S1 or S2 instead of Supertards? :confused:
True. But that's a side issue for Supermotards. I know there are two classes. Do the competitors? Probably. Do event organisers? Probably.
Pre 82's and the like can be dragged into this too. From Kickaha's story and my experience organisers DON'T know there are two classes. How many big events are Buckets at? TRRS is one because Chris Lawrence knows Buckets. Greymouth and Port Nelson, I don't know how Bucket's got there. That's the only to big events I know of that run Buckets. Do they know there are two classes of Buckets? ie. is it Buckets on the entry or F4 or F5? What are they really asking for?

My interest is in Buckets and that people understand that it is two Formula classes governed by MNZ. This isn't a 'must be this way only' thing. Just a feeble (yes, I know it's feeble but if the names aren't out there how can the questions be asked?) attempt to raise awareness of the 'other' names of the class.

As someone said: people join Buckets. What if they already knew there were two classes. What if they could find the rules?

I really don't understand why this is an issue to do. It's still Buckets. Bucket this, Bucket that, my F4, his F5.

gav
17th August 2008, 23:26
I see your problem, the sooner we instigate MotoFXR the better! Just like MotoGP replaced 500GP's MotoFXR should replace Buckets .....
You got your MotoFXR yet Skunk?

;)

Kickaha
18th August 2008, 06:33
Do they know there are two classes of Buckets? ie. is it Buckets on the entry or F4 or F5?

Buckets on the entry form (as it should be) we don't really run F5 so it doesn't matter and even if we did the classes would run together, except for BOB

Skunk
18th August 2008, 07:47
Buckets on the entry form (as it should be) we don't really run F5 so it doesn't matter and even if we did the classes would run together, except for BOB
That's a very narrow view of the world. If Chch doesn't run F5 you are the odd one out...

Skunk
18th August 2008, 07:47
I see your problem, the sooner we instigate MotoFXR the better! Just like MotoGP replaced 500GP's MotoFXR should replace Buckets ...
Nah. Should be a different class within Buckets. :lol:

As I said above - you guys are thinking only in terms of your track and situation.

Buddha#81
18th August 2008, 10:25
That's a very narrow view of the world. If Chch doesn't run F5 you are the odd one out...

Narrow it may be, but on the faster longer tacks down here we don't have many 50's turning up......We do run a F5 class but there is only one running in it so it looks like he will take out the title!

Kickaha
18th August 2008, 17:48

We may not run F5 but we get a lot more racing :bleh:

I think the reason we don't run F5 is quite simply due to the type of track we normally race on and it is also far easier to find a F4 bike than a F5, although having said that I did enjoy the 50cc GP at BOB

As I said above - you guys are thinking only in terms of your track and situation.

Thas because down here we are the centre of the Bucket universe:laugh:

dangerous
18th August 2008, 18:08

listen up and listen good, I am only going to say this once...
The BMRC (chch) has a F4 AND a F5 class.
Its on the membership form
its on our race meet entrys
its on our site
its in our POINTS, altho there is only one paid up member so F5 isnt strong down here, I expect due to our full sized tracks... so yes a fancy fandangle trophy will go to F5 as well as F4

We may not run F5 but we get a lot more racing :bleh: We DO run F5, but not as a separate race.

Skunk
18th August 2008, 18:32
listen up and listen good, I am only going to say this once...
The BMRC (chch) has a F4 AND a F5 class.
Its on the membership form
its on our race meet entrys
its on our site
its in our POINTS, altho there is only one paid up member so F5 isnt strong down here, I expect due to our full sized tracks... so yes a fancy fandangle trophy will go to F5 as well as F4

We DO run F5, but not as a separate race.
You sound like you're getting wound up. Cool! Time for the final push is it? :lol:

I thought you only had one F5 entry because no-one knew there was more than one class of Bucket.

Skunk
18th August 2008, 18:33
Thas because down here we are the centre of the Bucket universe:laugh:
:killingme In your dreams...

gav
18th August 2008, 19:06
Who is running the TZR50 down here then? White, full fairing, #7 I think? The bike was in the Hoogie pit, or is it just a spare?

timg
18th August 2008, 19:35
Who is running the TZR50 down here then? White, full fairing, #7 I think? The bike was in the Hoogie pit, or is it just a spare? Ain't #7 cos that's me ....... when I manage to get my bike going :angry:

Buckets4Me
18th August 2008, 19:55
I'm lost are you changing the name or not ????????

what is this thred about ?????

I thought someone had strated another thread for all this talk

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

Skunk
18th August 2008, 20:01
I'm lost are you changing the name or not ????????

what is this thred about ?????

I thought someone had strated another thread for all this talk

Oh do try to keep up... :killingme

We're still discussing the benefits (or lack of) in promoting Buckets with the inclusion of F4/F5.

Buckets4Me
18th August 2008, 20:18
I thought it had turnd into the talk shite thread

which seems to have died

:doh:

dangerous
18th August 2008, 21:01
Who is running the TZR50 down here then? White, full fairing, #7 I think? The bike was in the Hoogie pit, or is it just a spare?

Its a Jones bike... but not regesterd with the BMRC club, so no points and Tim gets the number.

gav
18th August 2008, 21:14
Its a Jones bike... but not regesterd with the BMRC club, so no points and Tim gets the number.
OK, thanks for that! Speaking of points ....... :whistle:

Skunk
18th August 2008, 21:50
OK, thanks for that! Speaking of points ....... :whistle:
Get your own thread or I'll report you to the Mod!

chanceyy
18th August 2008, 21:55

hmm the "mod" is watching :shifty: :laugh:

Trudes
18th August 2008, 21:59
I prefer to call her MY mod!!!! :bleh:

gav
18th August 2008, 22:32

:eek: :bleh: :msn-wink:

gav
21st August 2008, 18:34
Yip, thats right, you paid extra for the book, but they didnt have any, and said they would be sent out before 31 July.

Hi Gavin

The plan was to have them back from the printers to send out for the end of July. We haven’t received the new ones yet and it could be 3 or so weeks away yet. However we will be posting them as soon as they have been printed. Thanks for your patience.

Bonnie McHardy
Administration
Motorcycling New Zealand

Email reply I got re the rule books, still a few weeks away.

ajturbo
21st August 2008, 18:38
sully ya prick... look how many post there have been on your question........
will KB ever be the same now?

i recon i will just have to show you how to get ya elbo down...

you suck.. but ya wife is HOT...

ajturbo
21st August 2008, 18:40
has ANY one seen that the F4 now can have a 158cc engine.. who th eF asked for that... come on Dangerous, i bet it was you... you got so scared of us from the north...
look after BB for me eh!

dangerous
21st August 2008, 18:52
you suck.. but ya wife is HOT...

ohh thats rough on Mrs S, knowing your tast in chicks n all :wari:

has ANY one seen that the F4 now can have a 158cc engine.. who th eF asked for that... come on Dangerous, i bet it was you... you got so scared of us from the north...

158cc... bugger that were you get this info from? should be droped to 145cc will soon be 1000cc.

ajturbo
21st August 2008, 18:56
it's in the new rules man... oh that's right... BB will be there and back for a few months be fore the post gets down that far..

gav
21st August 2008, 19:04
Yip, heres a summary of the new rules
http://www.motorcyclingnz.co.nz/download/2008_July_Summary_of_Rule_Changes.pdf
Makes sense seeing as a standard FXR is 150cc, so allows for overbores I guess.

dangerous
21st August 2008, 19:07
cheers Gav, now we just need strokers to be increased to 185cc

Skunk
21st August 2008, 19:54
MotoFXR, F5 and F4... :lol:

dangerous
21st August 2008, 20:11
MotoFXR, F5 and F4... :lol:
yip 3 classes and ban the factory race ready CBR's :headbang:

SHELRACING
21st August 2008, 20:21
SWEET looks like the FX is going to get a rebore!

Skunk
21st August 2008, 20:30
158.09cc is the max. This is to allow for std oversizes.

F5 Dave
22nd August 2008, 11:32
So they get a 5% increase in capacity just like that. Isn't fair. Why can't we run 105cc bikes? oh hold on, we can.

To be fair 125 air-cooleds should be allowed to be 131.25cc instead of 130. So they lose out.

Yet did anyone increase the carb size for air cooled 2 stroke? No. Fortunately I no longer care as I don't have one, well I do but it's broken & I'm unlikely to fix it. Don't want to be speeding up DC any do we?

Buckets4Me
22nd August 2008, 11:47
I want to watercool my 125 can i do that please please

F5 Dave
22nd August 2008, 13:01
no problem, just sleeve it down to 100cc first. . .

Then a mate ran an external waterpump from a Honda Beat scooter with a belt to the flywheel I believe. Seemed to work well.

Buckets4Me
22nd August 2008, 15:30
you think that watercooling would make that much diff on the 125 at around 20hp ???

dangerous
22nd August 2008, 17:33
I want to watercool my 125 can i do that please please

Ya know what I reckon we should be able to do that, the stroker isent able to keep up with the hotest FXR's and the CDR's.

I wana go as fast as I can but i dont want to join the Jones, I want to be a little different rather than have the attude "well cant beat em join em"
I feel a new thread comming on.

you think that watercooling would make that much diff on the 125 at around 20hp ???

Yes, airheads start loosing power as they get hoter, and this is more notisable with worked engines.

F5 Dave
22nd August 2008, 17:41
Well to water cool it you would jam on a 100cc barrel & then cool it & give it a nice fresh bore to near 105 if you were really game, then fire on a whacking great carb if it has a big enough disc entry. You could then run a tighter clearance & use a modern piston for a water-cooled bike (they are shaped different to air-cooled ones).

The question does then tend to beg "what kind of power do you want?"

For a 5 speed gearbox running on kart tracks, I'd have to say "Wide please" So maybe a air cooled 125 with 24mm carb isn't such a bad way to go. If you had 6 gears & were prepared to make a rev monster then you would net more power from a watercooled 100 with big carb.

Kickaha
22nd August 2008, 17:44
the stroker isent able to keep up with the hotest FXR's and the CDR's.

A decent stroker will beat the FXR/CBR riding homos, just no one down here has built one, even the DC bike wasn't as hot as it could be

F5 Dave
22nd August 2008, 17:47
,. . . the stroker isent able to keep up with the hotest FXR's and the CDR's. . .

What stroker? a hot 100 will still beat 150s in a straight line. The 100 I was riding at BOB (when I wasn't falling off it) lead the first prelim for a while when I out-dragged all the 150s. Just I couldn't keep my head together to keep going fast on it. I need more time to learn it's 'odd' handling characteristics.

DC proved that an aircooled bike can go fast. My aircooled 125 was only doing 18-19hp in the first cut, I could have brought it up further, but have decided to go back to my watercooled MB100.

Work your engine proper D.

dangerous
22nd August 2008, 18:46
A decent stroker will beat the FXR/CBR riding homos, just no one down here has built one, even the DC bike wasn't as hot as it could be

no it wasnt/isnt... but whos going to spend that much money and time on a engine that needs new rigs every meet when a CBR will go seaso after season?

DC proved that an aircooled bike can go fast. My aircooled 125 was only doing 18-19hp in the first cut, I could have brought it up further, but have decided to go back to my watercooled MB100.
Its not the hot engine in that case its the frame... a production Grand Prix frame and a light as rider that knows his shit.

Work your engine proper D.
my engine has been basterized, Id love to start fresh but that would cost $$$ that I dont have.

gav
22nd August 2008, 20:02
Don't forget those CBR riding nippers are probably 30 kilos lighter than you D!

speedpro
22nd August 2008, 22:23
Pete Sales pretty well guarantees 22hp from an MB100 nowadays. It'll last years as well. Been there.

Kickaha
22nd August 2008, 22:36
no it wasnt/isnt... but whos going to spend that much money and time on a engine that needs new rigs every meet when a CBR will go seaso after season?

If it needs rings every meeting then it hasn't been built right,and it'd still be cheaper to build and run than a CBR

k14
22nd August 2008, 23:55
If it needs rings every meeting then it hasn't been built right,and it'd still be cheaper to build and run than a CBR
I think you're wasting your time telling him that, in one ear and out the other. I bet tony mc at levels quite comfortablly on my CB and that was the bike that won bob. If someone got a decent cb together that would easily be up there too!

Buddha#81
23rd August 2008, 08:28
Ya know what I reckon we should be able to do that, the stroker isent able to keep up with the hotest FXR's and the CDR's.

You are full of shite you big Gingernut:angry2:..........I would put money on DC's 19HP detuned from 21 hp (to make it rideable) GP framed weapon with his 65kg carcase can compete and beat a CBR.........Have a good look at the CBR......A GOOD look, they aint that flash, check the shock out, crap commuter thing for carrying two chooks and a bail of hay. They appear fast to you beause you are so dam slow.

As for loosing power.....DC's air cooled MB won (by over 1/2 a lap)a MCC 35 min enduro on the full circuit of ruapuna against water cooled RG150's Street stockers and that was when it was a 100cc ( does that mean RG's should be allowed into buckets if they got cleaned up by a bucket?). What you would gain in power you would go close to loosing in weight.

I'd like to see a good tuner like F5 or Speedpro down here and tune and set up a bike for our tracks........We don't have anyone down here who has the two smoke skills, wants to, or has a skinny arse.......Currently Diesel Pig is the fastet two smoker (same spec as DC's) but hes probally 30 kg heavier.......DC will come out of retirement and we will be shitting on RS frames because thats not cricket all because hes winning all the time!

The 4's are winning 'cause the 2's arn't. Your bike, DC's bike, DP's bike, Yellow Peril all are capible of cleaning up ANY 4 on the day with the right tune and rider.:scooter:

*Rant over....pull your head in Gingernut!:bash:

speedpro
23rd August 2008, 10:24
Don't forget to take a breath now and again.

gav
23rd August 2008, 16:00
Bring on The Toad!!! :gob:

diesel pig
23rd August 2008, 19:30
ICurrently Diesel Pig is the fastet two smoker (same spec as DC's)

No it's not, My H100 is in a very soft state of tune. Now Dangerous will not understand this but Speedpro or F5dave may well do. It has barely 190 degrees of exhaust timing, this is because the current transfer port timing will not support more without making it a pipey piece of shit.
Having ridden DC's bucket twice ( Once as 100cc and once as a overbored and carb restricited) I can say my bucket is not as fast in a straight line as DC's.
Seat of the pants I would say my bucket is 2 to 3 hp down right now.

Buddha#81
24th August 2008, 08:20
No it's not, My H100 is in a very soft state of tune. Now Dangerous will not understand this but Speedpro or F5dave may well do. It has barely 190 degrees of exhaust timing, this is because the current transfer port timing will not support more without making it a pipey piece of shit.
Having ridden DC's bucket twice ( Once as 100cc and once as a overbored and carb restricited) I can say my bucket is not as fast in a straight line as DC's.
Seat of the pants I would say my bucket is 2 to 3 hp down right now.

Sorry I stand corrected.........I ment more same engine and frame package.

I see a pattern forming here.......we all think you're full of brown stuff Dangerous! As for your engine being bastardise? I question that, because that same engine could go close to matching DC's for top end. If you need to save some money park your old shitters up and ride R's MotoFXR and money you will save. We will then see if it you or your bike that is slow:2thumbsup

Kickaha
24th August 2008, 08:51
I see a pattern forming here.......we all think you're full of brown stuff Dangerous! As for your engine being bastardise? I question that, because that same engine could go close to matching DC's for top end.

I rode it not long after Dangerous got it, at Levels on the back straight DC said top end speed was the same but he held better corner speed, I think at the time DC still had the 100cc engine

DC obviously had the better chassis, however the Dangerous bike could easily be improved but he has chosen to ignore the advice of those of us that rode it and offered advice on improving it

I wouldn't have offered a straight swap for the FXR if I'd have thought it wasn't capable of being right up the front

Forum name should stay the same

dangerous
24th August 2008, 09:21
Dangerous! As for your engine being bastardise? I question that, because that same engine could go close to matching DC's for top end.
yes it WAS as fast top end but since my exhaust port needed tiding up its been running like a bag of shit.
Diesel, any imput here would be great because since the new piston and porting it cant even keep a prodie GL145. yes I need help.

EDIT, going to start a new thread on Ging bashing... I men sorting the MT out on VD.

Buddha#81
24th August 2008, 10:15
yes it WAS as fast top end but since my exhaust port needed tiding up its been running like a bag of shit.
Diesel, any imput here would be great because since the new piston and porting it cant even keep a prodie GL145. yes I need help.

EDIT, going to start a new thread on Ging bashing... I men sorting the MT out on VD.

go watch the vid I took.......youre bike out drags my FXR in a straight line......YOU are the problem? Get it going a round corners and you will be further up the front.

Kickaha
24th August 2008, 11:17
.......youre bike out drags my FXR in a straight line......

It wouldn't if you laid off the pies

diesel pig
24th August 2008, 14:09

Oh no having been there once I will not willingly enter that pit of despair* again.

*Helping Dangerous with his race bikes

_STAIN_
24th August 2008, 14:54
To me its Buckets, unless I wanna show it as a little bit more classy or try to explain that its is a smaller cc level of bike racing, then its F4/F5.

People usually know what F1, 2 and 3 are, so F4 is fairly easy to explain as a smaller CC rating. And THEN I usually explain that buckets is another name for it.
I like the term Buckets; its quirky, unique, and fun... really epitomises what Buckets are all about.

The History of F4 F5

Around 1997 there were many asking for diesel capacity to be lifted to 140cc or 145cc so as they could more evenly compete with the 2 strokes. Tracks then were generally much more open and flowing. I put pen to paper and wrote up new rules to tidy up capacity classes and submitted them as F4 and F5 as this seem a natural progression of a formula class, which allows modifications and main limiting factor is capacity. That is what appears in rulebook basically unchanged. Buckets will always be Buckets, F4 and F5 are just the capacity class rules within Buckets. Miniature Road Race is original definition used the MNZ rule book when class was implemented.

Cheers Bryce
Bucketing since 1984

dangerous
24th August 2008, 15:57
Oh no having been there once I will not willingly enter that pit of despair* again.

*Helping Dangerous with his race bikes

AYE WHAT? what ya on about any help given in the past has been mush apreisated for and all has worked out sweet, no dramers Im awear of :scooter: