PDA

View Full Version : Colin Edwards Speaks

Shaun
7th August 2008, 18:36
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=33592

svr
8th August 2008, 12:21
Interesting to hear Edwards on the motoGP `doco' sunday night saying how he'd never ridden against anyone he thought was better than him - until he raced against Rossi. Seems an honest and genuinely top bloke.

scrivy
8th August 2008, 13:01
Interesting to hear Edwards on the motoGP `doco' sunday night saying how he'd never ridden against anyone he thought was better than him - until he raced against Rossi. Seems an honest and genuinely top bloke.

I think you're good Dave........... :clap:

yod
8th August 2008, 13:08

jeebus, he used to get spanked by Foggy regularly back in the SBK when Slight was there too (as did pretty much everyone)

spose that may have had something to do with the 916 tho

Kiwi Graham
8th August 2008, 13:45
My claim to fame is having a few beers with him and Slighty in the paddock bar at Brands Hatch foookin years ago after a WSB round. If you can get over his yank accent he's a cool dude, part of the night was spent taking the piss out of his accent. He's put a bit of weight on since then and got alot bloody faster!! Enjoyed the doco......wonder when I get the GSXer?

svr
8th August 2008, 17:44
I think you're good Dave........... :clap:

You're mistaken, I'm very very bad.:headbang:

BarryG
11th August 2008, 14:46
Colin does sound like a genuinely good bloke. He is seldom politically correct, funny as hell, and he and Rossi are the two characters of MotoGP. I think they bounced off each other when with Fiat Yamaha, altho' says he was not really able to help Rossi with tyres/settings as Vale rides such a different set up than anyone else (which is why he has needed time with Bridgestone to figure out what works).
Colin won his WSB titles honestly, having to beat the likes of Foggy, Slight and Bayliss.
Cheers
Barry
BTW what's wrong with is 'American accent'? He'd be a bit pissed off, he's from Texas :laugh: