PDA

View Full Version : AA testing station Glenfield

The Pastor
7th August 2008, 22:52
Is well worth going to.

Taken both the cage and the bike through and they are actually decent guys.

all the inspectors are indian, which at first I thought might not be a good thing (having worked with and trying to buy motorbikes off them - i wouldn't call them the most honest race around.....) but they actually care about helping you pass. Bulb blown, they put a new one in, headlights low, they adjust them etc.

Its how it should be in all stations/garages but this is the first time i've ever seen it happen.

You're allowed right up in the inspection area too, as long as you don't fall down the hole.

Expensive tho, $40 for a car Wof, and $5 for an indicator bulb. I think bikes are cheaper at $30 or $27 but when you get good service, and a thorough inspection and free coffee/hot chocolate it doesn't matter too much.

Also took an hour, but they were busy.

Good honest service.

note this is NOT the on road testing station across the road. this is the AA

ynot slow
8th August 2008, 07:16
Same here re costs,last ones I got were $45 and $32 off hand for car and bike respectively in Hawera,good service too.Only reason I went there was the hours they open 7.30-5.30 mon-fri,hard to get bike in to shop for wof when you leave at 8.00 and home at 5.20 or so,and at 7.30 noone there in line lol.

orographic
8th August 2008, 11:57
Wait, Glenfield AA driver licensing actually exists again?

and I put off my cage full for four years because they disappeared and I was too lazy to find another one :P

now seriously, they exist again?

The Pastor
8th August 2008, 14:30
wof testing not licence testing!