PDA

View Full Version : Looksury

Big Dave
8th August 2008, 15:23
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2zjTZAHk0qA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2zjTZAHk0qA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Full yarn in upcoming KR naturally.

Maha
8th August 2008, 15:40
David Bowie??....John Denver would have been a more suited choice. :headbang:

That stock truck didnt want you getting past at first.
Seems the bike has everything except the technology to make a coffee so for that reason....im out. :(

Tank
8th August 2008, 16:06
As always - great review!

Nice bike - Just a little too basic for my needs tho':whistle:

Sully60
8th August 2008, 16:35
Cool review Dave.

Obviously done some time before last month as I can't imagine a GL1800 staying on it's sidestand for any length of time anywhere I've been lately.

How did you get the motor to rev up and down when you were holding the camera or was that an editing trick?

I love Leadwings, sprotbike riders don't know what they're missing;)

Griffin
8th August 2008, 16:36
Nice review Dave... I have always been curious about the Goldwing but never had the chance to take one for a ride. Its the sorta bike I would own if I had enough money for a couple of bikes so I could use my cruiser for commuting and the Goldwing for dedicated two up touring.

Thyanks for the Vid :niceone:

Big Dave
8th August 2008, 16:52
How did you get the motor to rev up and down when you were holding the camera or was that an editing trick?

Wingspan is useful in basketball, plastering and cinematography.

woodboats
8th August 2008, 16:56
Very very nice!
Thanks for such an excellent presentation.

Sully60
8th August 2008, 17:01
Wingspan is useful in basketball, plastering and cinematography.

Thought so, otherwise I'd be wondering what else you could do with that remote:scratch: :whistle:

slofox
8th August 2008, 17:55
No hammock???? Wadda gyp!!!!

raftn
8th August 2008, 18:39
Just wondering where the ash tray was?

Big Dave
8th August 2008, 18:58
Just in with a week's worth of groceries on board.
I understand that there may be philosophical issues with that too.

Co-pilot has some issues. She hasn't been on the back yet - she thinks the plastic spatula on the back of the Buell is 'soft' - Just say HTFU issues she has.

Personally I was using the heated seat and grips just now.

barty5
8th August 2008, 19:24
Wow leg warmers on a bike (the vents) as for all the buttons and switchs for the radio you must neen a trailer for the manual lucky they can be fitted i guess.

Horse
8th August 2008, 22:36
Great vid. Although technically I suspect those are "cattle" rather than "cows". And they wouldn't have hurt your helmet, just licked it. Probably.

Ooer.

Did you have a play with the cruise control? Does it have CC? And is an 09 Ultra Classic next for a comparison? :)

yod
8th August 2008, 22:40
dude

your car's missing a couple of wheels

Big Dave
8th August 2008, 22:47
Great vid. Although technically I suspect those are "cattle" rather than "cows". And they wouldn't have hurt your helmet, just licked it. Probably.

Ooer.

Did you have a play with the cruise control? Does it have CC? And is an 09 Ultra Classic next for a comparison? :)

I was only really concerned about them dropping patties on it. And I had a spare helmet in the top box anyway.

Very good cruise control. Unlike earlier incarnations it will all accelerate and then auto resume.

Whilst I am the first person H-D calls in NZ when they have poop, determining the press fleet is still beyond my powahs. :second:
But I'm working on it.

Wazza difference between a cow and a cattle anyway. milk or meat?

Horse
8th August 2008, 22:52
Wazza difference between a cow and a cattle anyway. milk or meat?

Bingo! That's it.

As for the HD's, they've made a bit of a song & dance about the new frame etc in the 09 baggers, so hopefully they'll have something from the range for you press wallahs to muck about on.

Big Dave
8th August 2008, 23:02
Bingo! That's it.

As for the HD's, they've made a bit of a song & dance about the new frame etc in the 09 baggers, so hopefully they'll have something from the range for you press wallahs to muck about on.

Yeah - they have had a road king for the last few model years.

It will be interesting. I didn't see a whole lot of improvement was necessary. They only operate withing the tolerances of their ground clearance anyway IYKWIM.

That said - the wing is impressive stability wise. I hit some big ruts on 22 yesterday - it's not in good nick - and the unit just galoomped over it all.