PDA

View Full Version : Biking Legend opens Motorcycle Museum... again

Bob
17th January 2005, 02:38
Legendary Isle of Man TT racer Geoff Duke officially opened the National Motorcycle Museum – for the second time. The 82-year-old – who first opened the museum venue in 1984 – returned to the site to cut the ribbon to mark the reopening.

Speaking after the ceremony, museum development manager Nick Hartland said: “It’s been very tough from the fire in September 2003 to December 1st last year, when we actually reopened. It was a very hard time indeed for everybody, but a lot of hard work has been put in and the museum is bigger and better than ever.”

The museum attracted 400 visitors a day over the Christmas period. Around 650 machines are on display, with the aim being to increase this to 800 by 2007 as repairs to other fire-damaged bikes are completed.

inlinefour
26th January 2005, 03:17
Legendary Isle of Man TT racer Geoff Duke officially opened the National Motorcycle Museum – for the second time. The 82-year-old – who first opened the museum venue in 1984 – returned to the site to cut the ribbon to mark the reopening.

Speaking after the ceremony, museum development manager Nick Hartland said: “It’s been very tough from the fire in September 2003 to December 1st last year, when we actually reopened. It was a very hard time indeed for everybody, but a lot of hard work has been put in and the museum is bigger and better than ever.”

The museum attracted 400 visitors a day over the Christmas period. Around 650 machines are on display, with the aim being to increase this to 800 by 2007 as repairs to other fire-damaged bikes are completed.

I could handle a look at that. So far I've just seen thje one down by Palmy :eek:

merv
26th January 2005, 07:07
I hope part of the refurbishment included the fitting of sprinklers.