PDA

View Full Version : Jousting in Upper Hutt

Skunk
17th January 2005, 08:13
Celticno6 mentioned that this was on so we went for a look.

Not much happening when we got there so wandered around for a while (in our leathers). Hot. Very hot. Looked at the stalls, the queue for drinks and food. Saw we had another hour till the next joust and then decided that as neither of us had cash and we didn't read about the cost ($5) we would leave.

Walked back to the bikes and unlocked the wife's while she put her gear on. Then jumped on my bike. Wife rode off while I got sorted. Wait for a gap in the traffic and go.

Go down that is. Forgot the disc lock. Very hard to pick up a 230kg bike while laughing at yourself. :killingme

merv
17th January 2005, 08:25
My daughter and a friend went to it and she was impressed that there was a large bunch of bikers there - sounded like Harley riders from her description of them. She enjoyed the day including the food that was available.

Coyote
17th January 2005, 09:01
Damn cages were blocking the driveway yesterday morning cause parking was limited and I couldn't get out on the bike till late :angry2:

Slipstream
17th January 2005, 10:12
It was good to see my Medieval Guild (Company of the Dragon) kicking ass :)
Most of the stuff is obviously choreographed, like...if we do this, you do that...but no one usually knows who's going to win until the end of the day.
It's actually quite unnerving seeing my old trainers (moved to other guilds) getting beat by my Guild (blue background, yellow dragon foreground).

If anyone cares, there's a Fantasy Festival at Frank Kitts park in 2 weekends time , no jousting this time tho. I might even wear a dress for this one :)

Kendog
17th January 2005, 11:09
It was good to see my Medieval Guild (Company of the Dragon) kicking ass :)
Most of the stuff is obviously choreographed, like...if we do this, you do that...but no one usually knows who's going to win until the end of the day.
It's actually quite unnerving seeing my old trainers (moved to other guilds) getting beat by my Guild (blue background, yellow dragon foreground).

If anyone cares, there's a Fantasy Festival at Frank Kitts park in 2 weekends time , no jousting this time tho. I might even wear a dress for this one :)

I spent a few hours there on Saturday, was good fun.

Hope the bike is ok Skunk :)

Wellyman
17th January 2005, 11:18
damnit I was there to! i'm in wellingtion on holiday and we got a free family pass becuase my uncle works for honda cars who sponsored the event. i really need to get a KB shirt.

riffer
17th January 2005, 11:50
I was there with my KB shirt on but didn't see anyone except of course Slipstream, who we were meeting, and matthewt, who was there picnicking with his family.

Very hot day, and the kids were just not coping with the heat and the amount of people, so I only saw the first session before we had to get the kids to the pool.

Very well organised.

So I missed you skunk, NZ CRF230F Ride and kendog. Next time...

Skunk
17th January 2005, 13:26
I spent a few hours there on Saturday, was good fun.

Hope the bike is ok Skunk :)New brake lever, scratch on the can... Thanks for asking. :spudbooge

damnit I was there to! i'm in wellingtion on holiday and we got a free family pass becuase my uncle works for honda cars who sponsored the event. i really need to get a KB shirt.I've got one coming but it's got the wrong name on it :Pokey:

Guess some from down here could catch up with you if you post a thread... :spudwave:

mangell6
17th January 2005, 17:19
Skunk - How is the disk, did the same thing a while back and bent the disk.

Skunk
17th January 2005, 17:43
Skunk - How is the disk, did the same thing a while back and bent the disk.Well, it was bent a little beforehand - not so bent now :)

matthewt
17th January 2005, 18:53
I was there with my KB shirt on but didn't see anyone except of course Slipstream, who we were meeting, and matthewt, who was there picnicking with his family.

Hmmm, not a great day for me. The key for the MV fell out of my pocket somewhere and we couldn't find it. I ended up driving home in the car to get the spare key. Other than that it was all good.

Skunk
17th January 2005, 19:03
Hmmm, not a great day for me. The key for the MV fell out of my pocket somewhere and we couldn't find it. I ended up driving home in the car to get the spare key. Other than that it was all good.Bugger. Hope home wasn't too far. :mellow: