PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Speed Triple 1050 front wheel (also fits Sprint ST). Damaged but useable

El Dopa
13th August 2008, 19:35
Up for sale is the old front wheel of my 2005 Triumph speed Triple 1050.

The part number is: T2000074

This wheel will fit a 2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050, and Triumph Sprint ST (don't know what years). May also fit other models.

Last time I took my Speed Triple for a WOF (at Action Bike Wreckers), it was pointed out to me that the front wheel (the one for sale) was slightly buckled. With the wheel on the bike and spinning, you can see the buckle. However, I couldn't feel it when I was riding along (I'm afraid you're just going to have to take my word for that).

The bike passed the WOF, but the tester specifically said he wouldn't pass it again in the same condition. So it should be safe enough to ride around on, but WON'T pass a WOF if the tester is sharp-eyed enough to pick up on the buckle.

I was lucky enough to pick up a brand new wheel cheap from Ebay. The new wheel I picked up was from a Sprint ST and is now on my Speed Triple. So the old wheel (off my Speed Triple) should fit a Sprint ST - the parts are identical.

Just for cost comparison, a brand new wheel from Triumph NZ is $1300 (inc gst)

I have been given the contact details of a repair place in Hamilton - NZ Wheel and Frame (07 827 6688) - who have quoted around $200-$250 to repair this wheel.

If no-one want this wheel 'as is', I shall be getting it repaired and I'll be selling it for the current price of $400, plus (at least) whatever the repair costs are. However, I don't have time to sort the repair at the moment, so it's being offered 'as is'.

As I've stated above, the item is damaged but useable. If you buy it and use it without repairing it, it is at your own risk.

PM if interested. Will post up pictures shortly.