PDA

View Full Version : Wedding back on as biker finds missing engagement ring

Bob
14th August 2008, 00:24
When Tyler Jones, 23, forgot he had put the USD 3,000 engagement ring he had bought to propose to his girlfriend on the top of his car, he drove off, losing it.

Unaware of what he had done, Jones – who was working two jobs in order to buy the ring - spent days frantically looking for the ring before posting an advertisement in his local Utah newspaper.

Fortunately for him, local biker Monte Kirk noticed the box containing the ring when out for a ride. Kirk picked up the box and, in his own words "I opened the box and found a diamond ring inside" he said. "You don't find that every day."

Kirk took the ring home and decided to hold onto it for a time before handing it into police, in case someone took out an advertisement. Kirk then contacted Jones, whose mother met with Kirk. "He suddenly brought out the ring from behind his back, and I just started bawling," she said. "I asked him to follow me over to the bank to give him the ($100) reward. He wouldn't accept the reward, though."

Well done that man.

rat biker 08
14th August 2008, 06:42
See bikers do care:banana:Nice one that man:niceone:

Owl
14th August 2008, 06:53
Touching story! I didn't realize people still bought engagement rings.

fLaThEaD FreD
14th August 2008, 07:08

Why do you think i'm still riding my '97 Vulcan!! :brick:

Owl
14th August 2008, 07:39
Why do you think i'm still riding my '97 Vulcan!! :brick:

At least you've still got something to ride!
I offered my Mrs a burger ring once, but she turned me down.:whistle: It's bloody hard to please some women.

fLaThEaD FreD
14th August 2008, 08:10
At least you're still got something to ride!
I offered my Mrs a burger ring once, but she turned me down.:whistle: It's bloody hard to please some women.

Now I can start looking for my new Nightrain.:blip:

Gubb
14th August 2008, 18:44
I bought one two weeks ago. There goes my Street Triple deposit.

Edbear
14th August 2008, 19:26
I guess I got in at the right time. They were much cheaper 31 years ago...

The Pastor
15th August 2008, 19:09
Kirk took the ring home and decided to hold onto it for a time before handing it into police, in case someone took out an advertisement.

TUI anyone?

Swoop
16th August 2008, 21:03
At least you've still got something to ride!
Onion rings from BK seem to have the same effect...

Nice wee story. Good on that biker!

NighthawkNZ
16th August 2008, 21:44

ennnn-gage-ment what is this ennnn-gage-ment you talk of :scratch:

Owl
17th August 2008, 11:06
ennnn-gage-ment what is this ennnn-gage-ment you talk of :scratch:

You know, one knee marriage proposal, that sort of thing. Of course in my case, it was reach over the coffee table from tha la-z-boy with an orange bag of crisps!:yes:

munterk6
8th September 2008, 23:21
Kirk took the ring home and decided to hold onto it for a time before handing it into police, in case someone took out an advertisement.

Sounds feasible, I found a car once and took it home for that very same reason....the Judge just would not believe me, funny that:nono:

oldrider
8th September 2008, 23:39
With a name like "Jones", he couldn't help being an honest upright citizen, just like "Bob"! :whistle: cheers John.

OOps, got them back to front, Jones was the dickhead who lost the ring! :doh:

bomma
8th September 2008, 23:46
prolly didnt have anyone to propose to and thought "shit, this might be a prank....better hold onto the ring JUST IN CASE"

jokes, stand up stuff man!! didnt even take the reward!! :niceone: