PDA

View Full Version : TailTech computer on KLX300 - Sensor position

DaveHonda
15th August 2008, 15:01
Guys
I've got a trail tech computer (vapor, probably should ahve got the endurance, looks to be more like what I really wanted.. but thats another story), took it off my old CRF230.
I need a sensor kit to add it to the 300 which I'm trying to get off KiwiDad on trademe (he's got lots of trailtech auctions running!).
Now, I was wondering specifically where the sensor fits on the front wheel. does anyone have any pictures???
The CRF230 was an easy fit, and I suspect the 300 is not going to be too much more difficult, however I probably won't get any instructions specific to the 300 when I do get a new sensor.. hence the q's as to where it goes..

cheers.

DaveHonda
15th August 2008, 15:03
oh, and how about the magnetic head bolt? I notice the 300's are 5mm allen key coach type bolts, fairly short and not klike the bolts that trail tech distribute.. how do you mount the magnet?

tommorth
15th August 2008, 16:55
theres a heap of articles on different forums about instaling these

and as they do a kit for the klx they also have pics and intructions on there website http://www.trailtech.net/instructions.html
the bolts supplyed for your crf would probibly be different than those for a klx

they look like a nifty gadget rekon it would make me crash more though
whoa look how fast im going SMASH BANG CRUNCH ,who put that tree there ??

camchain
16th August 2008, 19:12
May not be helpful to you DaveHonda but if not, others may find this useful. I put a $40 mountain bike computer on my KLX. Had to make a little bracket up to raise sensor up and over disc and close to spokes. Sensor had to be within 4mm of spoke mounted magnet. Mounted bracket off the 2 screws for fork protector at base of fork leg.

MTB computer has all the basic info, (distance, speed, av speed, max speed etc.) but mainly useful for knowing running hours (timer only runs when front wheel is turning. Anyone else wanting to do same, just make sure you get the cable for a static training bike (wire runs to back wheel so is longer) as standard wire too short for long motorcycle forks.

Photo shows aluminium bracket and sensor cable tied on. Looks vulnerable but only bent it once, just tweaked it back into position. On next bike I'll probably get a magnet that I can epoxy into a hole where disc rotor mounts to hub carrier (inside those circular swaged clip things). Sensor bracket can then be a lot smaller.