PDA

View Full Version : Best bike shops!

Jerry74
16th August 2008, 18:10
Enough of the worst lets hear your best bike shops.

1. Hampton Honda Christchurch, simply the best service, competitive prices.

2. Trevor Pierce Christchurch, have a good reputation bikes are well priced and tuned.

3. McIver & Veitch Dunedin, been around a long time was honda now suzuki.

Good guys to deal with.

Mr Triple
16th August 2008, 19:30

2. Trevor Pierce Christchurch, have a good reputation bikes are well priced and tuned.

Good guys to deal with.

The Triumph dealer here in chch Street and Sport are always good for a natter and a coffee.:headbang:

xgnr
16th August 2008, 19:47

Who sez???

I see old man Hampton is still involved. Unless he has had a lobotomy I would seriously disagree with this one. :angry2:

Whoops thread is about the best.

Would have to rate the guys at Experience BMW Auckland as being honest and helpful

cruza
16th August 2008, 20:02

Who sez???

I see old man Hampton is still involved. Unless he has had a lobotomy I would seriously disagree with this one. :angry2:

Sure your not thinking about old man casbolt.....:corn:

xgnr
16th August 2008, 20:11
Sure your not thinking about old man casbolt.....:corn:

na.... Hampton at Hornby right? Used to be Honda dealers in the 80-90's. Right arsehole he was.

Let me tell you a story...

But this is about GOOD dealers eh...:hug:

xgnr
16th August 2008, 20:13

I didn't quote soz

CB ARGH
16th August 2008, 20:36
trademe. yah

Jerry74
16th August 2008, 22:07
Norjo's aren't too bad

98tls
16th August 2008, 22:13
Will mean sfa to most but have to mention the local Suzuki dealer in little ole Oamaru,great bunch and have never let me down,ever.Nothing is a problem and the bloke that does stuff i am to lazy to do always gets it right.Way better service than some ive had from pimples in the cities ive lived in.

gammaguy
16th August 2008, 22:13
i work in the industry,have done for 15 years now.

absolutely top service and a bunch of guys who mainly.......gasp.....ride bikes!

experience BMW Auckland

and...

switched on shop who put time and effort in to the sport and also road riders,parts guy John always very helpful and has been in the game for ages,since takapuna was "all fields"and barrys point road was gravel(almost)

Sportzone Suzuki Christchurch

i could name the bad guys but lets keep it positive:Playnice:

mister.koz
16th August 2008, 22:46
In hamilton:
Boyd honda are really good for a bike shop
the speed-tech guys are awesome for servicing
Bike-breakers in ngaruawahia are good for 2nd hand parts

my 10c :D

racefactory
17th August 2008, 00:29
Well, i'd have to say cycle treads in Takapuna, auckland has given me some excellent service.

also colemans suzuki for letting me start up the Ducati 999 and Suzuki gixxer without question...

Otherwise... trademe is good!

Winston001
17th August 2008, 00:40
Rodgers Yamaha, Invercargill.

Forest
17th August 2008, 13:18

They may have changed. But in the mid-90s they were one of the worst bike shops I ever had the misfortune to deal with. A real bunch of pricks.

Jerry74
17th August 2008, 13:47
They may have changed. But in the mid-90s they were one of the worst bike shops I ever had the misfortune to deal with. A real bunch of pricks.

Times have changed a bit, they have a better name now

Forest
18th August 2008, 15:55
Times have changed a bit, they have a better name now

Glad to hear it. My experiences were rather a long time ago.

Maha
18th August 2008, 16:08
Will mean sfa to most but have to mention the local Suzuki dealer in little ole Oamaru,great bunch and have never let me down,ever.Nothing is a problem and the bloke that does stuff i am to lazy to do always gets it right.Way better service than some ive had from pimples in the cities ive lived in.

Yeah lets hear it for the smaller towns.....:hug:
I have dealt with Holeshot with my last three bikes but they weren't hungry enough when I wanted my fourth. When im ready to purchase, I dont mind being baggered.
Warkworth Honda were/are an excellent Bike shop to deal with. They paid the ORC's/supplied a Ventura pack rack and filled the tank at no extra cost to me, thier Bike machanic is very helpful (I can be an annoying bastard at times) and he is ready with his advice on anything you want to know. If I turn up there with a question or whatever, its never a problem for him.
They even paid for my subscription to HRC.
Yeah pretty cool bike shop for sure....Mainly Quads, but its where I purchased my CB1300...theres always road/sports bikes on the floor.

Evo1132
18th August 2008, 16:23
MCR-motorcycle replacements in Dunedin, Good people, never any hassle, never treated me like I was a stupid beearch, and never tried to sell me gear I didnt need, Awesome.

Jerry74
18th August 2008, 19:10
Trevor Pierce, Ferry Rd, ChCh - I found them really good was silently ogling a 900 ss.

No hard sell just a chat about the bike, showed me several other models R1, Z9R, GSXR and talked about riding in general. :Punk:

There was no buy this one it is the best for your style and its only $5000 more instead of what you actually wanted to start with crap that a certain shop in manchester st says when they actually want to take the time to talk.

Congrats Trevor and the boys you have now earned a loyal customer.

:rockon:

toycollector10
18th August 2008, 20:20
Christchurch: Trevor Peirce did a fabulous job of fettling and tuning my 1969 Honda CB750 K0. Rebuilt the carbs and the bike runs beautifully. The downside was that he knows how to charge for his time. Not a crime but sometimes if you charge for every minute/second and don't inject some good-will you can disaffect your clients. They go somewhere else.

Christchurch: Norjo's. Dale, who used to work at Trevor Peirces' and who also fettled my CB is now working on my Z1. I call in periodically and I can only say that Dale is on my side and is very sympathetic to what I'm trying to achieve with the resoration of a 35 year old motor-sickle. For a guy half my age I'm very impressed with how in touch he is and his understanding of where I want to go with the bike. He goes the extra mile so I have been very, very pleased with his skills and attitude so far.

FLYMO
18th August 2008, 21:10
yeah well here in nelson there are a few
i use murray mcleans in vanguard st
new owners but still the awesome service and parts
keep up the good work

AllanB
18th August 2008, 21:36
I live in Christchurch however I've purchased 2 bikes from Otago Honda in Dunedin, the first was an almost new GS1200ss - I got a great cash price and it was delivered free. The second was 10 months ago - I traded the GS back to them (great trade price) and did a deal on my new Hornet 900. Again Delivered free. All done on by e-mail and phone!

Its a good feeling watching your new bike arrive on the back of the truck :sunny:

I know of another who was had the same excellent service in CHCH from them.

I'd give the most improved award in Christchurch to Casbolts. Thanks to the competition I guess, but very welcome. Keep the improvements going guys.

Trevor P - I like the shop service, but I find the bikes a bit on the expensive side - possibly they are happy to have a good haggle on the sticker prices?

Street & Sport (Triumph) - great staff and a 'good feeling' shop. I predict Triumph will be on the rise in CHCH.

Overall in Christchurch I'd say the shops are performing well.

toycollector10
18th August 2008, 22:20
And a special mention for Jim up at Casbolts Honda in Manchester St. in Christchurch. Thanks for your efforts, Jim. A job well done back then and also you are a man who understands what the customer wants. Regards, Mark.

CookMySock
19th August 2008, 08:31
Underwood and Wilkins - Eastern Bay of Plenty. Really great folks. Always feel looked after.

Steve

trustme
19th August 2008, 09:59
Bayride, Tauranga. They sorted a warranty issue for me on my Sprint.German spec so headlight dipped the wrong way, bike out of warranty but they got Triumph to pay.
The deal they offered on the Scram was between $1000 & $2000 better than the AK dealers so they got the sale. Mechanic comes in on Sat to get the bike a WOF to complete the deal
Service work completed promptly & prices were pretty reasonable.
Turn up wet & cold on a filthy day & get hot coffee & a chat.
Better than any of the AK dealers with the possible exception of Henry at BMW , he will always have a yarn & spend some time even if you are tyre kicking.

The service manager at Holeshot is 'on to it' ,& easy to deal with

avgas
19th August 2008, 10:09
Cambridge Yamaha....got me back on the road in 4 hours (2 of which are after hours) as i was stuck between Auckland and Taupo

alanzs
19th August 2008, 10:26
Honda Botany did a great job servicing my Bandit. They fixed a long standing problem which another shop couldn't and the bike has run much better since.

Colemans suzuki has always been really friendly when I stroll in ogling their bikes...

nodrog
19th August 2008, 10:44
Maunders Suzuki in Whangarei

Bayride in Tauranga

Gizzit
24th August 2008, 11:38
Planet Honda Whangarei.

Colemans Suzuki Auckland.

CycleTreads Takapuna.

wysper
14th September 2008, 08:48
Another vote here for Bayride.

The team there are all helpful and I got some awesome gear. Plus you get the added bonus of a KB discount.

Cheers DMNTD! :done:

Okey Dokey
14th September 2008, 12:54

Hey, I agree with you totally after a brief encounter ordering & getting parts. I was looking at a 1000cc bike on the floor and he was totally respectful. No big deal, you say; but when you are a woman it is really nice to be treated just as a motorcyclist. Really helpful, too.

Also, Mr Motorcycles was very helpful just recently when I was looking for a manual here on kb.

rachprice
14th September 2008, 13:53
MCR-motorcycle replacements in Dunedin, Good people, never any hassle, never treated me like I was a stupid beearch, and never tried to sell me gear I didnt need, Awesome.

Yeah these guys are real good dudes!
I took a friend in, told him he should buy a new ninja and he did.
The guy there said they would give me a discount on anything i wanted cos I pretty much did his job for him ahha

fatzx10r
14th September 2008, 14:29
Yeah these guys are real good dudes!
I took a friend in, told him he should buy a new ninja and he did.
The guy there said they would give me a discount on anything i wanted cos I pretty much did his job for him ahha

don't you mean spv? there the kwaka agent's

rachprice
14th September 2008, 14:33
oh yeah i lie haha...silly me!

Jerry74
14th September 2008, 19:39
hahaha they all lie just a wee bit bike shops

flyingcr250
14th September 2008, 20:41

Good guys to deal with.

boyd motorcycles and waikato yamaha are realy good to deal with, boyds have a huge range of gear, oils, and mechanical expertise, no bulls**t just plain good service

Jerry74
14th September 2008, 20:48
boyd motorcycles and waikato yamaha are realy good to deal with, boyds have a huge range of gear, oils, and mechanical expertise, no bulls**t just plain good service

Used to shop at McCutcheons in Dunedin but I think have gone many years ago.

Am still dedicated to Trevor Pierce here in CHCH.

NC
14th September 2008, 21:05
Mt Eden Motorcycles, no contest. Best bunch of blokes in a bike shop!

Thanks Chris and Mike :)

fstfzr
14th September 2008, 21:05

Hope I dont upset anyone but I must say everytime I have gone in (with the intension of spending money might I add) they ethier pretend your not there or are pricks!:angry2:

Jerry74
14th September 2008, 21:07
Hope I dont upset anyone but I must say everytime I have gone in (with the intension of spending money might I add) they ethier pretend your not there or are pricks!:angry2:

OK lets scrub McIver and Veitch off the list you guys win.

I have only got 1 bike from them and found that they were ok in 94

Robbo
14th September 2008, 21:11
Both Boyds in Hamilton and Hamilton Motorcycles rate very highly with me. Mind you, i can honestly say that i've never really come across a bad motorcycle dealer in all my years of dealing with various bike shops.

roy.nz
14th September 2008, 21:25
Im a big Holeshot fan think there service and sales are great, Colemans is also pretty good with there service.

Jerry74
14th September 2008, 22:34
What about Thunderbikes in Nelson????

Anybody dealt with them???

XP@
15th September 2008, 12:39
Boyle Kawasaki on Adalaide Rd.

Boyles, great service, can trust them to give a fair price and good workmanship.

placidfemme
15th September 2008, 19:48
Without being biased... Mt Eden... Been using them for 3-odd years and have no complaints.

rocketman1
15th September 2008, 20:29
I like many like to do a bit of window shopping for bikes
Boyds in Hamilton is always good for a chat, friendly guys
A good shop is where the salesmen like to talk bikes, any bikes.... and thats what it is all about. And thats where I will end up buying a bike from.
Some shops the salesmen just want to sell you a bike. Funny That! or they wont talk to you at all, I probably will rarely ever go back to that shop though.

DMNTD
15th September 2008, 20:35
Without being biased...

I may be bias but BAYRIDE MOTORCYCLES TAURANGA!
They have the sexiest beast of a salesman ever! :niceone:

maybe
15th September 2008, 20:58
TSS motorcycles Lowerhutt Wellington.
If you are ever stranded in Brisbane either Springwood Suzuki or Pro Yamaha.

wysper
15th September 2008, 22:29

Funny - my wife said just the opposite after she had picked up my helmet and boots for me :gob::rofl:

DMNTD
16th September 2008, 13:36
Funny - my wife said just the opposite after she had picked up my helmet and boots for me :gob::rofl:
Well she married you so there's no accounting for her taste now is there :bleh:

wysper
16th September 2008, 16:13
Well she married you so there's no accounting for her taste now is there :bleh:

:Oi:

On the other hand, it is amazing how many people would agree with you ;)

carver
16th September 2008, 16:16
boyd motorcycles

hamilton honda

Kevnz
16th September 2008, 20:30
Boyds motorcycles hamilton, good friendly staff and all those years of knowledge make a big difference

placidfemme
16th September 2008, 21:02

oh... did you stop working there? :buggerd:

my_r32
18th September 2008, 10:40
OK lets scrub McIver and Veitch off the list you guys win.

I have only got 1 bike from them and found that they were ok in 94
2-3 years ago when I was looking for my first bike they seemed ok. but this year they have a new saleperson.......and he's a right prick. Used to be a car salesman too.
Dont know if it had anything to do with the fact im female or not...
Then again, my dad dont like him either

Anywho, in Dunedin I'd have to say Honda Otago - real good guys in there, where I got my first bike from
And also SPV - currently purchasing my new bike from them, real helpful aye :2thumbsup