PDA

View Full Version : First day out on the ysr/rx125

Mrs Busa Pete
17th August 2008, 15:19
A bit of a mission on Friday puting the last bits on, robed the doner bike for a trottle cable /chain & sproket but couldn't get it to fire. Got up saturday morn and tried again it went but only for a bit ,put the carb from the doner bike on it and of it went at 9am loaded up the ute and went to mount wellington stoping to put air in the flatish tyres .

First sesion out and on the second corner i got my knee down followed by the bike old tyres and to much air not a good mix .Got going again having trouble with the reverse box locking it up and throwing the chain, went back to pits sorted out the chain and changed the gearing not to mention the foot peg snaped of as well good start i thought get it all out of the way early .

Second session went ok just not a lot of power only reved to 6500 rpm but at least i didn't crash by the end of the day i had forced it to 8500rpm and as long as i stayed in the same gear i had some power 3rd i think .

Tried the other carb at the track waste of time.Packed up and headed home stoping at treads for a brake leaver and leaving with 2 new tyres as well .Got home and started to prepair for sunday took the sump plug out and started to drill it breaking 2 drill bits in the process ended up just re fitting it leaving it for work on monday.Looked at doing something with the pipe from the doner bike but that was to long and low ended up preping the bike to run in new tyres at the practice session in the morning but didnt get there NEXT TIME.

Curently surfing trade me and ebay for some power

see you out there

Buckets4Me
17th August 2008, 19:47
ya slacker
:cold:

whats a bit of rain

there where a lot less crashes this time

Mrs Busa Pete
17th August 2008, 20:02
ya slacker
:cold:

whats a bit of rain

there where a lot less crashes this time

no it was more a case of it not firing up on saturday night and wanting to try to tune the carb in beter as a result it free reves to 10000rpm and 9000 under load down hill i hadnt bloked of the injection hose that helped a bit

Buckets4Me
17th August 2008, 20:04
lol fair enough
there was another of those little bikes out there today :niceone:

had a 50 of some kind in it

Mrs Busa Pete
17th August 2008, 20:09
lol fair enough
there was another of those little bikes out there today :niceone:

thats scot [pumbas relly]that is a94 tzm 50[tz minature]he hisided last meating and smashed his ferings

Skunk
17th August 2008, 20:10
Sounds like a good start. See you at Taupo?

Pumba
17th August 2008, 20:20

Taking all your points:laugh:

thats scot [pumbas relly]that is a94 tzm 50[tz minature]he hisided last meating and smashed his ferings

But this weekend he started and finished both F5 races, even if it did develop a horrific miss in practise that went away for the first race and came back for the second.

Buckets4Me
17th August 2008, 20:35
lol fair enough

you wernt doing to bad yourself there
:jerry:

Mrs Busa Pete
18th August 2008, 06:31
Sounds like a good start. See you at Taupo?

Bloody long ride on the ysr to taupo. But if you ride your bucket up i suppose i could ride mine down. :laugh: When are you talking about.

Buckets4Me
18th August 2008, 09:09
the Taupo road race spectacular
held over christmass new years
look it up and have a look at coming
its a fun 2-3 day of racing

Skunk
18th August 2008, 09:48
Bloody long ride on the ysr to taupo. But if you ride your bucket up i suppose i could ride mine down. :laugh: When are you talking about.

the Taupo road race spectacular
held over christmass new years
look it up and have a look at coming
its a fun 2-3 day of racing

Here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1651315&postcount=222) you go...

Buckets4Me
18th August 2008, 19:02
you the MAN

got to the track on sunday to be told I had entered both the f4 and f5 gp at taupo :woohoo: i think

dont you just love it when you'r sponser fills in forms for you :gob:

t

Pumba
18th August 2008, 21:13
you wernt doing to bad yourself there
:jerry:

I was having an absolute blast :woohoo:

Cant wait till the next meeting