PDA

View Full Version : Teknic Freeway textile jacket

Mr. Rock
18th August 2008, 09:02
Just upgraded my jacket from a entry level Spool jacket to the Teknic Freeway jacket. Ive had the new jacket 2 days now and im still finding new stuff out about it.

The level of build and usability in this jacket is very impressive. it has about a billion pockets, internal and external. 100% water proof through this textile make called "Power Skin" i have tried and yes after a down pour i was very very dry.

another cool thing is they have a removable storm collar high neck thing. handy.

One thing that stood out (i dont no if other jackets do this, i havnt seen it anywhere else) the thermal liner when you zip it out can be folded back upon its self and becomes a bum bag, or i found that one of my many pockets can accommodate it (large one on the low of the back).

there is no lack of venting ether, 2 big ones across the chest and 2 good sized ones on the biceps.they look awesome cool too, when they are open the fabric inside is red.

only down side so far is getting the end of my jacket into my gloves is a bit hard as the jacket is bulkier than my old one.

other than that this is impressive and got the pants too, zip together and water proof too.

im fairly sure this jacket will be lasting me a long time..

Tickler
15th September 2008, 22:02
Good on ya for your new purchase!

Just a quick question...how easy is it to open/close the vents with your gloves on while riding. I ask because , weather can change quickly and you dont want your jacket to be inviting rain inside. Similarily with opening them when you get too hot.

I understand pulling over and stopping for 2 minutes resolves all this.

hobbes
20th September 2008, 18:21
[Just a quick question...how easy is it to open/close the vents with your gloves on while riding. I ask because , weather can change quickly and you dont want your jacket to be inviting rain inside. Similarily with opening them when you get too hot.]

I've just been out today testing one for 2 hours, and now have the new 'dayglow yellow' on order.
Being a stunning day, even wearing only a T under it, I left the liner behind and started with the chest vents open. Bit chilly still... but they're easy to open and shut even when on the bike. Probably not with thick winter gloves, but I suspect by then we'll have them shut anyhow. I loved it. :niceone:

FastBikeGear
24th February 2009, 21:00
Great review Mr Rock!

Can you update us and let us know how you have found this kit during the summer?

Does it breath well?