PDA

View Full Version : Hang off buying that...

Big Dave
18th August 2008, 13:28
For a minute maybe.
Shhh - Sneaky preview screen grab. Pls Note dates.
Fixed the typos too.

Toaster
18th August 2008, 13:32
Nice... I could do with some revit g-strings.

zeocen
18th August 2008, 13:32
Damn! No sale on helmets! :P
Still, I do need some new gloves methinks, love you BD :sunny:

Dakara
18th August 2008, 13:38
Nice, I needs new boots :2thumbsup

firefighter
18th August 2008, 13:45
Damn! No sale on helmets! :P
Still, I do need some new gloves methinks, love you BD :sunny:

I believe cycletreads may have a bit of a sale on with helmets- if you have a weird shaped sweed like me and fit into the european helmets ok then they are going cheap because no-one fits them and theyr'e just sitting there, was in today and saw some for pretty cheap.

Cheers B.D I need some new gear!

Tank
18th August 2008, 13:58
I believe cycletreads may have a bit of a sale on with helmets

yep - I just got a Shark RSR2 from Cycletreads for $485 sweeeet!

Big Dave
18th August 2008, 14:59
Ya wanna wank about cycletreads start yer own thread.

Dakara
18th August 2008, 14:59
I believe cycletreads may have a bit of a sale on with helmets- if you have a weird shaped sweed like me and fit into the european helmets ok then they are going cheap because no-one fits them and theyr'e just sitting there, was in today and saw some for pretty cheap.

Cheers B.D I need some new gear!

Yea cycletreads also have a deal (until this weds I think) where you can get a Shark S800 special edition (fugly imo) for $499 and get a free Ixon magic jacket.

Was looking at them over the weekend as my Mrs needs a helmet and I need a waterproof jacket, but wasn't the right fit for her :doh:

Big Dave
18th August 2008, 15:01
This one is motomail pron.

Swoop
18th August 2008, 15:01
Heard the advert on the radio this morning.

Shame about the helmets.

Big Dave
18th August 2008, 15:03
Heard the advert on the radio this morning.

Shame about the helmets.

He'll do you a deal on one of the Rockstar graphics.

Swoop
18th August 2008, 15:06
He'll do you a deal on one of the Rockstar graphics.

Thank you, but no.
A plain-Jane Raid 2 was on the list. In basic black, of course...

Big Dave
18th August 2008, 15:08
Thank you, but no.
A plain-Jane Raid 2 was on the list. In basic black, of course...

I dunno how it works - I was having a coffee in there yesterday and thought - man he's got a shitload of jackets.

Big Dave
18th August 2008, 15:16
AND my arlen ness is looking shabby.......

nallac
18th August 2008, 19:57
i'd love a rockhard ac/dc helmet.....

so where's the sale again BD

are the ness jackets on sale?........
they're pretty cool lookin.

Dakara
18th August 2008, 19:59
i'd love a rockhard ac/dc helmet.....

so where's the sale again BD

are the ness jackets on sale?........
they're pretty cool lookin.

Motomail has them advertised on Trademe:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2583535

Big Dave
18th August 2008, 20:18
Sorry Nallac - I am only the humble (ha!) graphic artist.

My Arlen ness jacket is 5 years old. I wear it as an overcoat over leathers in winter. Good thing.

nallac
18th August 2008, 20:27
i remember ya write up reguarding your ness jacket, and SI trip.
so its done you well 5 years..
Was it worth the money?.

Big Dave
18th August 2008, 20:37
i remember ya write up reguarding your ness jacket, and SI trip.
so its done you well 5 years..
Was it worth the money?.

Yes, White's gave it to me - One of my first powah of the press experiences.

The reason they do is so that we can say. My Arlen Ness Jacket has lasted 5 years and it's still good. (OK it's not shabby at all - really)

It only comes out in winter, got a hole in the pocket and it could do with re-proofing, crashed in it a few times too and it's not even scuffed up.

I'm happy to say all the Arlen Ness stuff I've had has been good. Pants were too. Till a Scrambler ate them.

Movistar
18th August 2008, 22:15
Yes, White's gave it to me - One of my first powah of the press experiences.

The reason they do is so that we can say. My Arlen Ness Jacket has lasted 5 years and it's still good. (OK it's not shabby at all - really)

It only comes out in winter, got a hole in the pocket and it could do with re-proofing, crashed in it a few times too and it's not even scuffed up.

I'm happy to say all the Arlen Ness stuff I've had has been good. Pants were too. Till a Scrambler ate them.

Did the pants develop a hole in the pocket too...:whistle:

Big Dave
18th August 2008, 22:28
Did the pants develop a hole in the pocket too...:whistle:

lolloo.

Scrambler toasty knee syndrome.

Irontusk
19th August 2008, 00:25
DAMNIT! I want one of those Slayer helmets! But I've already ordered and paid for a plain black KBC helmet as part of my whole package (they were out of stock, I'm using a nasty loan helmet at the moment)

Slayer helmet will have to wait.. how long does stock like that last?

TOTO
19th August 2008, 01:27
ToTo can use some new extra armour boots for sure.

i'll let him know :rolleyes:

Dakara
19th August 2008, 10:34
DAMNIT! I want one of those Slayer helmets! But I've already ordered and paid for a plain black KBC helmet as part of my whole package (they were out of stock, I'm using a nasty loan helmet at the moment)

Slayer helmet will have to wait.. how long does stock like that last?

I think those rockhard ones have been on the shelves for quite a while hence the discount. They're quite a niche design really.

Nagash
20th August 2008, 12:53
Hey guys, just got back from Motomail now.

Went to check out those Rockhard helmets cause I want one of those Slayer ones,

They will be going on special during the sale aswell, only the 'Slayer' and 'Hustler' helmets will be at $100 off, so $299. This leads me to believe that perhaps a couple of other helmets will be on special too.

Just nobody grab one of the Slayer helmets.. i'll be coming in on monday to grab one for myself.

And they're a *very* limited stock, I don't belive any more will be coming into NZ and I was told something like there's only 40 of each helmet in the country. Probably a few more than that but my memory isn't exactly renowned.

HenryDorsetCase
20th August 2008, 13:13
lolloo.

Scrambler toasty knee syndrome.

interesting. presumably because you have long legs and when sitting your calf/knee was forward of the heat shield?

I have the opposite problem (short legs) so when straddling the bike I got a hot thigh.

Devil
20th August 2008, 16:19
You better be Slayer fans you bastards who are considering buying the helmet! :spanking:

Big Dave
20th August 2008, 16:38
interesting. presumably because you have long legs and when sitting your calf/knee was forward of the heat shield?

I have the opposite problem (short legs) so when straddling the bike I got a hot thigh.

Adv riding - nuts on the filler cap down the side of a mountain - in a river.

Normal riding - no issues, no heat.

Ruined 3 pairs of goretex going to extremes on it. Knee touches the headers.

Irontusk
20th August 2008, 21:01
You better be Slayer fans

Who isn't? :eek5:
I don't think I can afford a second helmet so soon after buying my bike :( Sucks for me I guess.. I'll just hope that they wouldnt've fit anyway.

Big Dave
22nd August 2008, 17:02
a commercial.

message from chris.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aoEcGSOGuWs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aoEcGSOGuWs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Swoop
24th August 2008, 15:10
Slightly disappointed... with the amount of cages around the building.
Heaps of people there but I attracted the attention of one of the staff who said "your the first customer to ride in here today".

Hopefully they brought their cars to carry away vast amounts of goodies.

Irontusk
24th August 2008, 17:16
It would be pretty hard to buy much and then ride home with it.. But I saw quite a few bikes there on Saturday.

I think the Rockhard helmet I bought may have been a contributing factor in dropping my bike.. it gives me more of a 'blindspot' than the other helmet I've been using so I have to twist further to see behind me when I back into my garage :pinch: Well atleast it was only enough to give my exhaust a little rub, and even less of a rub on my front brake lever.

:Oops:

Blackshear
24th August 2008, 22:33
I rode there on saturday, got some boots *That I'm sure are supposed to be tucked UNDER my new *Too tight, must go there tomorrow* pants.

I wonder if I bought MotoX boots :pinch:

But yeah, took off my jeans and work shoes, wrapped the mammoth blue bag around my pillion... Strap thing heaps, got lost on the way home, then ate :2thumbsup
Can I bring the pants back tomorrey, and swap for a larger size?
Providing there's more, and I turn in totally new condition pants.

???

Nagash
24th August 2008, 22:50
Boots go over leather pants, cordura.. not so sure.. I'd imagine not seeing as it's generally meant to be waterproof.

And i'll be going in tommorow, there bloody well better be a Slayer helmet left..

Irontusk
24th August 2008, 23:35
the mammoth blue bag around my pillion

I think I saw you, playing around with the bag on your bike.

I'd say pants should always go over boots, I think water will have a hard time making it that far up my pant legs to get over my boots, but if the boots are on top.. well then all the water running down my leg will end up in my boot, right?

And they had about 6 Slayer helmets left (in the stack of boxes, maybe they have more in their stock room if they have one) when I was there around 12 on Saturday, not too sure on sizes though.. I bought a large, which there were some more of, and I saw an XL.. didn't look much further than that.

Blackshear
25th August 2008, 10:38
I think I saw you, playing around with the bag on your bike.

I'd say pants should always go over boots, I think water will have a hard time making it that far up my pant legs to get over my boots, but if the boots are on top.. well then all the water running down my leg will end up in my boot, right?

You see, that's what I reckoned.
But these boots are big chunky things, and will never see my shin skin with the matching of my new pants.
Diameter of boots at ankle = X+5cm, biggest diameter the ankle end of the pants will take = X.
Perhaps I should buy black boots. Grr...
Guess I can always just look silly!
Took me longer to get the bag off, than on, by the way. :scooter:

Dakara
25th August 2008, 13:23
Slightly disappointed... with the amount of cages around the building.
Heaps of people there but I attracted the attention of one of the staff who said "your the first customer to ride in here today".

Hopefully they brought their cars to carry away vast amounts of goodies.

Hehe, yea I was there in the cage... no way could I have ridden home with the gear I picked up. (Not that I can ride at the moment anyway :rolleyes:)

Nagash
25th August 2008, 19:39
Sweet, picked up my Slayer helmet today and got a tinted visor for it.

Didn't really look around at the other specials.. was a real nice day and I just wanted to grab the helmet and go for a ride. Maybe i'll go back tommorow.