PDA

View Full Version : Virgin mufflers

blade1000
18th August 2008, 17:36
well im at it again this is just a question to all you bike owners out there . so please excuse the masking tape holding the can in place,the black one is for a customer, but im thginking of putting 2 blak ones on my bike as they are in the picks . what woul you think about the look of this.i think its going to look sweet so feel free to have an imput.

remember guys
youll always hear a
Virgin comming!!!!

imdying
18th August 2008, 18:00
If the pipe work is going outside the swingarm, please don't. It always looks horrid and cobbled together.

blade1000
18th August 2008, 18:08
hi no pipe work is going thru swing arm

imdying
18th August 2008, 18:21
Kick arse! :D

KRATOS 666
18th August 2008, 19:00
man that will look cool on mine dont u think:Punk::Punk::2guns::2guns::2guns:

blade1000
18th August 2008, 19:04
no colour of bike is wrong

DMNTD
18th August 2008, 19:07
no colour of bike is wrong

It is not!! That bike is superb! :innocent:

Good work on the silencers mate :sunny:

blade1000
18th August 2008, 19:11
looking at doing new set up on the 10 what you think

Toaster
18th August 2008, 19:39
Saw the word virgin and got all excited, oh well.

Two at once is all good ;)

TOTO
19th August 2008, 18:33
hey blade1000 :wavey:, I've seen your work on Macstar's 900 hornet. Do you know if the cans you make will pass the new sound restriction of 105 db for bikes? Are you looking at measuring it?

Asking as when I get my full I'm going for the 900 hornet and would love to get my hands on a mufler ot two of yours, but wouldn't want any trouble when I go for a warrant.

Seeing that you are so handy with the making of that kind of stuff, are you able to make some kind of silencers just for in front of the testing officers that can be removed once bike has passed ? (all that in case the pipes are over the limit)

O by the way , 2 black cans will go superbly and very stylishly on your bike I reacon :niceone:

:drool:

fatzx10r
19th August 2008, 18:39
yeah i think that set up look's shit hot :headbang:

AllanB
19th August 2008, 20:42
Below is what I would do if it was mine I - excuse the picture its a crap Paint patch-up with extremely limited tools! Colour is your choice, silver as a real feature or black as stealth.
Proportions are probably stuffed in my image as you will need to allow for foot clearance etc.

Hey you asked :hug:

TOTO
19th August 2008, 20:44
Below is what I would do if it was mine I - excuse the picture its a crap Paint patch-up with extremely limited tools! Colour is your choice, silver as a real feature or black as stealth.
Proportions are probably stuffed in my image as you will need to allow for foot clearance etc.

Hey you asked :hug:

Lol it looks like a 2 smoker :killingme:

AllanB
19th August 2008, 20:50
Lol it looks like a 2 smoker :killingme:

Bastard :crybaby:
I did say it was a rough picture!!!!!

Hey its also a Kawasaki so it will smoke like a 2 stroke as well!!!!!!

AllanB
19th August 2008, 21:01
This type of MOTO GP look

AlBundy
19th August 2008, 22:13
Hey its also a Kawasaki so it will smoke like a 2 stroke as well!!!!!!

Still better than that girls blouse bike you ride... Even with one cylinder
tied behind it's back....

AlBundy
19th August 2008, 22:16
well im at it again this is just a question to all you bike owners out there . so please excuse the masking tape holding the can in place,the black one is for a customer, but im thginking of putting 2 blak ones on my bike as they are in the picks . what woul you think about the look of this.i think its going to look sweet so feel free to have an imput.

remember guys
youll always hear a
Virgin comming!!!!

I think your present setup is good. The twin can setup is too presumptuous (sp?)...

Choco
20th August 2008, 11:02
Two Black cans set up under the tail would look mean! If i start modding I'll be giving you a ring :jerry:

AllanB
20th August 2008, 14:09
Still better than that girls blouse bike you ride... Even with one cylinder
tied behind it's back....

Ah yes I have very fond memories of riding a girls blouse .........

HungusMaximist
20th August 2008, 22:19
Two black cans going from the bikes tail will look way better, one straight under the other one, sort of like cascading. When you have 2 next to each other it looks way cooler.

BIGBOSSMAN
21st August 2008, 16:01
The bleck can looks a purler Wozza, see ya with the bike on Monday matey!
I'll email you with a few pics, I'm still thinking of having it mounted with an exhaust hanger similar to the way the Arrow muffler was on the old 10.
Choice bro!

Nonbeliever
26th August 2008, 14:04
Put the damn things where they were originally.
On the side around the arm looks completely crap and VERY cheap and nasty

TOTO
26th August 2008, 15:55
blade1000 let us know what happens to the sound when you change it to the two underseat ones ? Does it get deaper, lower, lowder etc... ?

blade1000
26th August 2008, 19:16
your name says it all non believer if i wanted the bike to look stock id be on a shitta

fatzx10r
26th August 2008, 19:28

what ever. seem's to me that you have no taste :tugger: :finger:

AlBundy
26th August 2008, 21:30

You obviously have ZERO sense of stlye or adventure.

You must be a SHEEP... And ride a Suzuki....

Nonbeliever
27th August 2008, 10:35
you guys really have no idea.

imdying
27th August 2008, 11:58
Don't know where the stock ones sit, can't comment on that looking better, I totally agree with Nonbeliever on pipes outside the swingarm looking hideous. But we established in post #3 that that isn't going to be the case in this instance, so I'm a happy chappy :yes:

AlBundy
27th August 2008, 22:29
Don't know where the stock ones sit, can't comment on that looking better, I totally agree with Nonbeliever on pipes outside the swingarm looking hideous. But we established in post #3 that that isn't going to be the case in this instance, so I'm a happy chappy :yes:

So, with that logic, anything that came before underseat pipes, is hideous...

When it comes to the wheelbarrow, it's a compromise. Have a can on the side but clean up the tail... Some cans work, some don't...
Akras look good on the 'barrow, as do Arrows. Some of the others are ok... Then some are just ugly...

I can't remember the mag in the 'States but they did this... Kinda good too...

AlBundy
27th August 2008, 22:33
you guys really have no idea.

I suppose you think the Growler looks shit too?

Pot calling kettle on no taste...

The std pipes have been shortened on this bike... Looks better than the longer stockers...

imdying
28th August 2008, 08:31
So, with that logic, anything that came before underseat pipes, is hideous...Ahhh sorry, didn't mean to imply that. What I mean is that anything that retrofits the muffler under the seat, via a pipe that runs around the outside of the swingarm, is hideous.

Exceptions are, of course, the Ducati 916, and bikes like you've pictured, where the swingarm has been specifically designed to accommodate a pipe running up past it.

blade1000
28th August 2008, 17:13
well its done , my ten now has the twin system on now i think it looks good, every one to them selves. im going to make them blackand to me its the different look that i like, just need to adjust the lower one a bit , but here goes

Choco
28th August 2008, 17:52
Is it much louder with two pipes?
I think it looks pretty good :yes:

AlBundy
28th August 2008, 18:23
Sorry W.

Not my cup of tea... MAYBE it'll be better in black....

Definately different...

blade1000
30th August 2008, 10:43
not much louder than the single i had on, as i have smaller exits on these and honestly sounds better with the 2

fatzx10r
30th August 2008, 12:06
nice man, would like to hear what they sound like