PDA

View Full Version : What would it take....

Slingshot
18th August 2008, 18:20
to get Bucket Racing recognised as an official Olympic sport?

They've already got BMXing & Mountain Biking, Buckets has to be the next logical extension.

We might need to re-name it F4/F5 but how hard could that be. (p/t)

So who's with me, lets petition the Olympic council.

MVnut
18th August 2008, 18:22
You gotta be kidding:shit:

Kendog
18th August 2008, 19:14
Great thread
Buckets (F4/F5) = :first:

Slingshot
18th August 2008, 19:18
Come on...they've had water motorsports (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_motorsports_at_the_1908_Summer_Olympics).... surely motorbike racing would appeal to the masses.

CB ARGH
18th August 2008, 19:22
The olympics measure human power/endurance/etc. Not the speed that a motorcycle goes around a race track. :zzzz:

Thumbs down matie

Slingshot
18th August 2008, 19:22
Actually, this might not be as much of a piss-take thread has I had first planned.

I've just found that Motorcycle Sport is a recognised Olympic sport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_sports#Recognized_sports), it's just not contested at the Olympic games.

Slingshot
18th August 2008, 19:26
The olympics measure human power/endurance/etc.

So how does Equestrianism fit in?

I would argue that it requires more human power/endurance/etc to race a motorcycle around a track than it would to have a pony prancing around a dressage ring.

gav
18th August 2008, 19:31
Yachting? Windsurfing?

Skunk
18th August 2008, 19:37
Powerboating = human endurance? WTF?

Trudes
18th August 2008, 19:43
Hey the BOB this year was an Olympic effort of endurance, wit and beauty (well, only those of us who finished would know about this :p ), not a lot to do with speed of machine and an awful lot to do with size of heart and hardness of arse. :mellow: :lol:

Skunk
18th August 2008, 19:49
So that's why I failed. I'm not a hard arse and have a small heart.

Trudes
18th August 2008, 20:04
Yes Skunk, that was all it was, so best you develop a bigger heart and do some squats.

Buckets4Me
18th August 2008, 20:10
You COLD HEARTED cow :shit:

well after that race anyway along with the rest of you
but not realy a cow just cold

F5 Dave
19th August 2008, 09:36
The olympics measure human power/endurance/etc. Not the speed that a motorcycle goes around a race track. :zzzz:

Thumbs down matie

Ahhahahaha it's a piss take of a parody event. I mean next to Trampolining why would FMX be any less Olympic? Bah!

This is a motorcycle forum.

go buy a car, what are you doing here if you think motorcycle racing is boring?

xr-rider
19th August 2008, 17:21

Thumbs down matie

if they make it long then it will be endurance of the rider

sincity
21st August 2008, 20:42
Maybe the Olympic should go back to the original way it was first done and not worry about the other new sports they have now included? Do you really think the ancient Greeks knew what hand ball, sync swimming, rhythm gymnastics etc was? I don't think so. It thats was the case, why not and event for play station gamers?

Number One
30th August 2008, 14:15
I think it would be a great Olympic sport but only if the riders wore Gymnastic type outfits and face glitter and did little poses at the beginning and end of the races.

As for some of the sad bastards who replied early and have NO sense of humour :bleh: oh and is there a kiss my arse smiley?

Buckets4Me
30th August 2008, 17:33
I dont know how you guys do it down there but we often get guys taking a bow half way threw a race

Number One
30th August 2008, 18:04
I dont know how you guys do it down there but we often get guys taking a bow half way threw a race
In chch when they do that the person usually ends up wiping out :lol:

Where is that hilarious vid posted....

Buckets4Me
30th August 2008, 18:29
very realy have they eva won after that thow

Number One
30th August 2008, 18:33
very realy have they eva won after that thow
Dude are you texting your replies or what? :lol:

That'll teach them for being a smarty pants aye!!!

rwh
31st August 2008, 11:04
One could argue that motorsports are already there, with internal combustion engines. Single cylinder, solid fuel, no crankshaft and single-use pistons that end up some considerable distance away ... hopefully embedded in a target. :)

Richard