PDA

View Full Version : Bears Round 4

Buddha#81
18th August 2008, 21:46
The day dawned and the ground was wet outside, but the clouds were broken. Did the usual and headed out the track earlyish to sort myself and to chew the fat.

I pulled up beside the old team manager and unloaded. By the time racing came around it was obvious that The Stanko factory rider and BOB winner was going to be a no show. After some discussion I was draughted back into the Stanko race team.

Both pratices went well and I could feel the confidence returning after previous misshaps (including BOB). Last meeting I got advice on tyre pressures from Diesel Pig and are now running both bike with 3 PSI higher tyre pressure.

The two points bucket races went well loosing touch with the Fast lot and rode home in about 7th ish. The last bucket race I started behind the field and have got some cool footage of a few KB members

Post Classic race one I found I was keeping pace with Dangerous and Mark on DC's old 750.......but lost touch with a lap to go and finished a respectable 5th. The factory Management produced a pair of handlebars which were fitted to the bike for the second race, this transformed the bike and as most of you know turned it into a 350LC beater, taking down Dangerous and nearly the KZ750 in the last corner. The bikes not right yet but I'm blardy happy beating the Show Pony on a $450 shitter out of a shed north of Westport.

After the race Bren Interviewed me on the milestone win, I'm sure its crap I carn't remember what I said I was rooted, happy and buzzing.

That would be one of the better BEAR's meeting in a long time the club were being pro-active in getting us on the track and were actually talking about the extra races at the end of the day before the racing even started.

Thanks to Stanko Racing for the call up into the team and the bars, amazing how something small can change a bike..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2pegd6KBeY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDIz4KyiOpM