PDA

View Full Version : Discussion on Mentor Programme

Pages : 1 [2]

Katman
16th October 2009, 14:00
Please don't ever insinuate I'm a leader or in a leadership role. I find that quite offensive.
To hell with leadership and the responsibility that implies.

Me too.

If someone sets out to push my buttons they shouldn't be surprised when I bite back.

The Stranger
16th October 2009, 14:24
No he's not. He's from the school of "I am always right, and anyone with a different opinion is a fucktard."

No, just a select few with a different opinons are fucktards. They are not fucktards because they have a different opinion. They are fucktards first and foremost - and just happen to have a different opinion.

That said, I'm not like you. I consider my opinions BEFORE I post them and I enjoy a robust healthy debate. Why voice an opinion if you are not prepared to have it challenged, and if it is challenged surely you should be able to substantiate it - or you're just being a fucktard.

Firefight
16th October 2009, 14:33
Well having that ME beside your name puts you in a group different than the people who do not have it.

fuck thats deep Neal, must be a slow day at the P of T,

F/F

The Stranger
16th October 2009, 14:50
Well having that ME beside your name puts you in a group different than the people who do not have it.

Dictonary.com says meaning of mentor is below
1. a wise and trusted counselor or teacher.
2. an influential senior sponsor or supporter.

Kb in a way puts these mentors out so other members of can ask them for help and so on, so this is a putting yourself out in a authoritative way.

Or are you from the school of 'do as i say!, not what i do?' teaching system

Well, I don't see leadership mentioned in those definitions.
But, even if it is implied, we are riding mentors only, not Internet behaviour mentors, duck shooting mentors or any other mentors.

Now ok, this is about to get really fucked up, so stay with me here.

Hell YES I am very much do as I say NOT as I do. We are all different.
If someone wants to learn how to ride and/or how to stay alive I'll do my best to facilitate that, I hope that makes me a worthy mentor.
I'm a 100 yrs old and have no dependent kids, my values are different to someone with a young family and a mortgage. To assume do as I do would be to assume I knew better what's best for them (which is a form of leadership which I so despise).

I despise leadership as it implies followship (is that a word?). It's not the leaders who are dangerous, it's the followers. What was Hitler without followers? An angry short man is all. What was Klark without followers? Without drones to do her bidding? Nothing.

We should ALL of us think for ourselves. Listen to opinions, listen to our concience, listen to advice consider our position on a topic and decide for ourselves.

Katman
16th October 2009, 17:58
No, but not good for the mentor system in general, which could suffer a lack of respect. I know I have none for anyone here who posts like a petulant child, schoolyard bully or braindead moron.

You're really fond of that little :Me after your name, aren't you.

Does it make you feel important?

Mental Trousers
16th October 2009, 18:04
So, this is looking like one of those interweb discussion thingies, ie lots of opinions, lots of arguing, plenty of chest beating and it goes nowhere.

MSTRS
16th October 2009, 18:10
You're really fond of that little :Me after your name, aren't you.

I couldn't give a toss, and no it doesn't make me feel important. But I do take it seriously, online and real world. Acting like a vocabulary-stunted 5 year old isn't very helpful.

CookMySock
16th October 2009, 18:47
We should ALL of us think for ourselves. Listen to opinions, listen to our concience, listen to advice consider our position on a topic and decide for ourselves.If that was so, then why do you act to prevent it?

Everyone can and does make up their own mind, quite independently of your comments. Or mine. It's the Internet.

If it's all just a sea of opinion, then why go on a mission to censor others with your angry diatribe? All you accomplish is to belittle others and reveal your character. Or lack of it.

No one is asking for queens' english from the mentors, but whether they like it or not they represent KB in the knowledge department, and without the members there would BE no KB. So I submit mentors should show some appropriate behaviour, at least to the people who voted them there.

Above all, a mentor should be prepared to be wrong. People who are never wrong usually are quite a lot.

Steve

Katman
16th October 2009, 18:52
If that was so, then why do you act to prevent it?

Everyone can and does make up their own mind, quite independently of your comments. Or mine. It's the Internet.

If it's all just a sea of opinion, then why go on a mission to censor others with your angry diatribe? All you accomplish is to belittle others and reveal your character. Or lack of it.

No one is asking for queens' english from the mentors, but whether they like it or not they represent KB in the knowledge department, and without the members there would BE no KB. So I submit mentors should show some appropriate behaviour, at least to the people who voted them there.

Above all, a mentor should be prepared to be wrong. People who are never wrong usually are quite a lot.

Steve

Fuck off. When someone gives shit advice on here they deserve to be given shit.

And if someone gets upset over some swear words on here, they should harden the fuck up.

carver
16th October 2009, 18:59
you're really fond of that little :me after your name, aren't you.

i want one!

Katman
16th October 2009, 19:03
i want one!

They don't give you any 'Get out of Infraction Free' cards.

Virago
16th October 2009, 19:05
i want one!

We've got a special one ready for you:

:LookAtMe! :rolleyes:

caseye
16th October 2009, 19:08
I'm looking forward to seeing what that might bee!LOL.

PrincessBandit
16th October 2009, 20:57

Hahahaha, carver would only then need to change his user name to LookAt then!

The Stranger
16th October 2009, 22:00
If that was so, then why do you act to prevent it?

Act to prevent people making up their own mind?
When was this DB?

Sure it's the Internet DB and I expect it means different things to different people. Having worked with computers too long I realise the truth in the old adage "garbage in garbage out" by idly sitting by and watching garbage go in I know damn well what will come out. Let me help you there - garbage. When I see garbage go in I point it out in no uncertain terms is all. Think of it as a public service.
You on the other hand seem think the Internet means that everyone should hear and for some strange reason enjoy every whimsical airy fairy notion that per chance pops into your head. Well fine, that's your take on it, but don't think for a minute I should care a fuck for them.

You would have me accept your view of what the Internet is, don't be a hypocrite, do me the same courtesy and accept mine. I accept your right to be a numb nuts, accept my right to point it out.

The Stranger
16th October 2009, 22:23

Steve

See my previous post.
Now this is a classic case of several of your whimsical notions just popping randomly into your head. Though I must admit, it is quite an effective strategy you have there. Put soooo much crap in one post it is almost not worth the time and effort to rebut.

Representing KB in the knowledge department? really?
So you're acknowledging I have greater knowledge than you?
Well thanks, be sure and remember your admission when next we argue on a point won't you.

Did you vote for me as a mentor DB?
Did you vote for MSTRS or Katman.
NO you didn't so don't go preaching that shit here. That said, we would show you more appropriate behaviour, however site rules prevent this.

Unlike some DB I strive hard to not be wrong. I think before I post and if I don't know what I'm talking about I shut the fuck up - unless an opinion is called for. I am not never wrong, it just feels like it to you because you frequently are is all.

Katman
16th October 2009, 23:08
Personally, I've never been comfortable with having a glaring :Me after my name.

I would far prefer that the list of mentors was simply available somewhere for those who actively wished to find one.

I never asked for the role. I was nominated and felt it would be a slap in the face for the person who nominated me if I didn't accept the role if it was offered.

Being placed in the position of being a mentor is not going to change who I am in the slightest. I have made it plainly clear where I stand with regards to how we should be seen conducting ourselves in our motorcycles. My 'Excessive Inappropriate Language' (now there's a new infraction category - cheers Nasty) is just stiff shit for those who can't handle it.

If anyone wishes to avail themselves of my mentoring services I'm happy to oblige. But don't for a minute think that I will portray myself as someone I'm not simply because of anyone elses preconceived ideas of what a mentor should be.

carver
17th October 2009, 09:29
They don't give you any 'Get out of Infraction Free' cards.

i would sell them to you!

Hahahaha, carver would only then need to change his user name to LookAt then!

MEntal

beyond
17th October 2009, 16:56
I'll never get an ME after my name cos other "ME's" after their name hate me.
Not that I don't care to share and teach but I've learnt to live with reality.
ME will never be for me.... BUT..... that doesn't stop "me" riding and thoroughly enjoying it. :)

Katman
17th October 2009, 17:59
I'll never get an ME after my name cos other "ME's" after their name hate me.

Boo hoo.

:crybaby:

carver
17th October 2009, 18:03
Boo hoo.

:crybaby:

actually, im the same.
only, tis the head guys that dont like me!

you fuckers are all good!

MadDuck
17th October 2009, 20:33
Sorry, we don't remove Mentors simply because someone had an argument with one, and now seeks revenge.

There was no argument just outright venom. But all I asked was if that was acceptable for a "mentor" as supposedly voted by KB members.

Katman
17th October 2009, 20:35
There was no argument just outright venom. But all I asked was if that was acceptable for a "mentor" as supposedly voted by KB members.

So what about you slagging off my business for no reason?

Is that acceptable?

suzieq
27th October 2010, 16:55
new lady on the block with BMW GS650 would like some mentor help during week days just getting back into riding and wish to become more bike fit and also need help with the cornering techniques

have been doing the Woodcocks Road circuit out to Warkworth enjoying it need to develop more skillls intend to be out there and doing it

I live at Whenuapai Village so any help all good:woohoo:

Kiwi Graham
27th October 2010, 17:18
Hi Suzieq, I live out west (Henderson) and would be able to meet up and see what Skills need developing. evenings like this one would be perfect for evening rides. My wife works shifts so it would have to fit in with when she can be home (children you see). have posted a friend request which will give you access to contact details. Cheers

Graham

brnstr
6th November 2011, 21:12
Hey guys,

I am still new to motorbiking and would really love to get some tips from someone who has experience???? i live in waterview but am happy to ride any where well without being silly :eek:

Thanks heaps

blackdog
6th November 2011, 21:25
Hey guys,

I am still new to motorbiking and would really love to get some tips from someone who has experience???? i live in waterview but am happy to ride any where well without being silly :eek:

Thanks heaps

Get to know Maha and Mom I believe they do a lot of learner rides that are a good way to meet people and pick up skills, I think they even have a decent novice (as opposed to 'learners') trip north coming up which would be a perfect first 'bigger' ride.

Maha
7th November 2011, 06:05
new lady on the block with BMW GS650 would like some mentor help during week days just getting back into riding and wish to become more bike fit and also need help with the cornering techniques

have been doing the Woodcocks Road circuit out to Warkworth enjoying it need to develop more skillls intend to be out there and doing it

I live at Whenuapai Village so any help all good:woohoo:

Hey guys,

Thanks heaps

The best advice I can offer to the questions above is for you to make contact with this person. www.rcsom.co.nz
She is based in Orewa.
The rides that we do offer a safe riding environment only, we are not mentors.

caseye
12th November 2011, 12:53
Maha, there are enough people out there who will sell you short, don't be so damn humble.
The advice offered was good advice, and I'll vouch for it.
brnstr.Get along to one of Maha and Mom's rides and have some fun in a good safe as, possible way.
Still get in touch with the people that Maha has told you about, but that's really for training as opposed to riding with others who can and will show you the right way of doing things and who won't hesitate to point out bad habits.
So there ewe two!:bleh:

Maha
14th November 2011, 14:08
Maha, there are enough people out there who will sell you short, don't be so damn humble.
The advice offered was good advice, and I'll vouch for it.
brnstr.Get along to one of Maha and Mom's rides and have some fun in a good safe as, possible way.
Still get in touch with the people that Maha has told you about, but that's really for training as opposed to riding with others who can and will show you the right way of doing things and who won't hesitate to point out bad habits.
So there ewe two!:bleh:

Thank you for those kind words Mark.
I have a two more three day tour ride idea's in mind for the warmer months of 2012...
The Cape ride this weekend will be a great ''tester'' for all of the attendees.
I have purposely split the first day into a 50Km and 3 X 80 Km stint..and did a reccy of the route a month ago just to tick some boxes.
I have talked things over with one or two mentor/instructors about how the ride/weekend will pan out, and the rules that have been put in place (which are very few but they are needed) and all are in agreement.

Mal1975
27th October 2014, 16:51
Anyone mentoring in Feilding area?? TIA