PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation urgently needed

Jorja
19th August 2008, 11:54
Frosty has a car which needs to be driven to Gisborne. :scooter:

So silly me put my hand up and volunteered. :Oops:

(Anything to get a night off from the kids) :woohoo:

I have to be at gisborne airport at 2.30pm tomorrow to catch my flight home. Was planning to leave here at 4am tomorrow but would prefer to find somewhere to stay half way for the night and leave early this evening.

Can anyone help out?

Was planning on going through Tauranga

MSTRS
19th August 2008, 11:57
Which way you go?

Jorja
19th August 2008, 12:02
Was looking at going via tauranga cause it is possibly quicker.

Or could go via taupo.

MSTRS
19th August 2008, 12:14
Def go through Opotiki and the Waioeka Gorge. Reasonably direct - any other way you will add lots of hours to your trip.
Pity you can't get there today and back to Napier in the morning - we'd get you back to Aucks and save you the plane fare.

Jorja
19th August 2008, 12:16
Def go through Opotiki and the Waioeka Gorge. Reasonably direct - any other way you will add lots of hours to your trip.
Pity you can't get there today and back to Napier in the morning - we'd get you back to Aucks and save you the plane fare.

AAARRGGGGHHHH could have saved the $200 bucks. Never mind. Figured the gorge would be faster. 6 hours is how long I am expecting it to take me.

MSTRS
19th August 2008, 12:18
AAARRGGGGHHHH could have saved the $200 bucks. Never mind. Figured the gorge would be faster. 6 hours is how long I am expecting it to take me.

Geez - you drive slow :lol:

Jorja
19th August 2008, 12:19
well how long should it take?

Keeping in mind I am in a $13000 car which has been brought and paid for by someone else

MSTRS
19th August 2008, 12:23
Quickest route has to be Auck/Paeroa/Waihi/Tauranga/Opotiki/gorge/Gisborne. After the Waioeka gorge you reach Makaraka...turn left. Gizzy is about 5kms from there.

Trudes
19th August 2008, 12:23
If someone from Gizzy doesn't come on in time and offer you a bed I can recommend Waikanae beach holiday camp, their cabins are very reasonably priced and if you take your own pillow and sleeping bag even cheaper. http://www.gisborneholidaypark.co.nz/

Jorja
19th August 2008, 12:27
Can't leave till about 7pm tonight unfortunately so am hoping to find somewhere half way.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Cajun
19th August 2008, 12:36
Can't leave till about 7pm tonight unfortunately so am hoping to find somewhere half way.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Jorja - tell frosty to jump on msn to talk to me if ya want, we got a bed our place if ya want. (tauranga)

MotoGirl
19th August 2008, 12:40
Jorja - tell frosty to jump on msn to talk to me if ya want, we got a bed our place if ya want. (tauranga)

And a nice safe garage for your customer's car...

BiK3RChiK
19th August 2008, 16:50
Jorja, you'd be most welcome to stay with us (near Whakatane) if the arrangement doesn't work out with Cajun and MotoGirl.

P38
19th August 2008, 20:10
well how long should it take?

Keeping in mind I am in a $13000 car which has been brought and paid for by someone else

Like the kids say "Drive it like you stole it"

The Waioeka gorge deserves your disrespect. :devil2:

What could possibly go wrong!

Meekey_Mouse
19th August 2008, 20:28
Probably a lil late and as every one else has said... Via Tauranga would be the quickest... But if for any reason you come through Taupo there is a bed here for ya :yes:

FROSTY
19th August 2008, 20:33
Thanks folks--Jorja has taken up Cajun/motogirls offer

Mind you I got a phone call half an hour ago to say the money wasnt in the customers account on time--theyve had all day to call us --argggg

CookMySock
19th August 2008, 20:55
we're in about half way ish. Theres a couch here to crash on.

Steve

Jorja
21st August 2008, 20:57
Thanks for all the offers guys and thanks to Cajun and Motogirl for the bed. Great to meet you both at last. Just don't tell Frosty about who I shared the bed with.:bleh:

MotoGirl
21st August 2008, 21:00
Thanks for all the offers guys and thanks to Cajun and Motogirl for the bed. Great to meet you both at last. Just don't tell Frosty about who I shared the bed with.:bleh:

I know! It was like :Oi: bloody traitor!