PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Post Classic GP - 9 Nov 2008 - Taupo

EssGee
19th August 2008, 18:30
The next GP will be held on the full track at Taupo on Sunday 9 November. Entry form is attached. Please note that the rules that should be consulted can be found at www.nzpostclassics.org.nz. Support class is BEARS and Twins.

Benk
26th August 2008, 09:00
Hi there,
I am interested in racing in the Post Classics Junior section on my 89 vfr400 and I am wondering if all I have to do is pay the money and race? Do I need a race license or anything in addition to paying the entry cost. Is there someone in particular I should get in touch with for this?

Sorry for the 'noob' questions, havnt raced before but I am keen to give it a crack!

malcy25
26th August 2008, 12:29
This is a national title event (being the GP) and thus ithe requiremnets (like all road race meetings ) is that you need to comply with the Motorcycling nz requirements.

You'll need to join a club afiliated to MNZ (POsties now are) and then get a race licence through MNZ.

Get the MNZ rule book (can be downloaded off the MNZ website) and read it about event conduct, flags, safety gear, machine set up (lockwire requirements, catch bottles etc) is well worthwhile.

The Posties website may have the eligibility rules specific to the pre 89 class (these are being formalised through MNZ currently to eventually go into the national rules,so may not). But the basic premise is the major components (forks, brakes, frame, swing arm, carbs, engine castings) must be from before the "period cut off" ie for pre 89 it is dec 31st 1989. That is no component off this list is allowed to be from later than that cut off, unless it is an exact replica of a component that was used before that date - not just uses the same technology of configuration> Ie just because 4 post were availble pre 89, 2006 R6 calipers (or whatever) are not allowed.

www.nzpostclassics.org.nz
www.mnz.co.nz

The posties are hot on eligibility to keep things fair so if in doubt, ask questions. A stock VFR400 NC30 should not have any issues though as they were a 1989 model _ I think even the later ones up to 1994 are identical (externally anyway), but note the onus is on the rider to prove this (before riding).

Event is pre entry also - rocking up on thew day means you will pay late entry fees.

Al

Benk
26th August 2008, 13:00
Sweet, thanks for the help.

The bike has been raced in post classic juniors in the past (by Tom, previous owner), and I havnt done anything to it so that side of things should be all sweet.

Ill look at joining a club and getting my racing license next week so it should be all go! Thanks for the help