PDA

View Full Version : 31 August; Buckets up at Slipway

all4A50s
19th August 2008, 21:38
There is a bucket meet on Sunday the 31st right or is it this weekend?

Slingshot
19th August 2008, 21:58
31 August (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=65885)

Skunk
28th August 2008, 20:08
Sunday is looking to be great weather!

Who's ready to rumble?

quallman1234
28th August 2008, 20:20
Will be in taupo sat night, ill come take some pictures and say hello when i get back in wellington.

Might even do a couple laps on the RG.

Number One
28th August 2008, 20:22
Who's ready to rumble?
I'm rumbling right now...TEQUILAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Duke girl
28th August 2008, 20:42
Hi Skunk, Can you please tell me how much it is this Sunday to compete and what time does it start?.

Skunk
28th August 2008, 21:18
$35 for the first class and $10 for the next ones. Usually 4 races per class plus practice. Or hours of practice and a few races :lol:

Link here (http://scs.net.nz/calendar.php#L-1220097600)

And the weather (thanks to MetVUW (http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast.php?type=rain&region=nzni)) is:

ajturbo
28th August 2008, 22:29
to "have a go" it is only $10.. is that still right, skunk???

must see if i can get my bucket going and let someone special out on it...

no i cannot race, but at least if it is going someone can take it for a hoon!..

Skunk
29th August 2008, 09:32
Now I know who Duke girl is... :doh:

It's $1 millllliion to watch, ride, or race for her.

Str8 Jacket
29th August 2008, 09:35
Feck arse, shit bastards.

Nasty
29th August 2008, 09:38
Now I know who Duke girl is... :doh:

It's $1 millllliion to watch, ride, or race for her.

Since you are on Vic Club committee with her I should think you would recognise Skippy!!

Duke girl
29th August 2008, 09:48
So does that mean that i get to race for nothing then seeing that i am so Special and Talented?.:bleh::niceone:

Number One
29th August 2008, 11:47
So does that mean that i get to race for nothing then seeing that i am so Special and Talented?.:bleh::niceone:
NO you should have to pay more :shutup: And I think you might need to be handicapped also + sounds like you are no first time racer either....get thee into the A grade and whip some boy butt my talented little friend :laugh:

Grub
29th August 2008, 11:52
This weekend is the weekend my mum comes to visit from Auckland ... there are some things a mother doesn't need to know. That her son races bikes is one of them.

Have fun without us :)

Trudes
29th August 2008, 11:53
Yeah, what's with all these fast serious racers being put in B grade? eh eh, A grade you buggers, us bad racers want our points!!:bleh: :lol:

Number One
29th August 2008, 12:02
Yeah, what's with all these fast serious racers being put in B grade? eh eh, A grade you buggers, us bad racers want our points!!:bleh: :lol:
THAT'S right Trudes you sing it sister...maybe too we could figure out a way to drive everybody else out of the B Grade so it's just you and me....points points points YEAH!

Trudes
29th August 2008, 12:05
THAT'S right Trudes you sing it sister...maybe too we could figure out a way to drive everybody else out of the B Grade so it's just you and me....points points points YEAH!

I think it may already be happening chick!! The B graders are dropping like flys! I told everyone that I would win the war of attrition!! Now I just gotta beat you!!:spanking:

Number One
29th August 2008, 12:08
I think it may already be happening chick!! The B graders are dropping like flys! I told everyone that I would win the war of attrition!! Now I just gotta beat you!!:spanking:
ooo well if you are offering a "spanking' to go with it I'm keen. Can I bring my own paddle though - I have a fav

Trudes
29th August 2008, 12:13
ooo well if you are offering a "spanking' to go with it I'm keen. Can I bring my own paddle though - I have a fav

Owww, that spanky black leather whip of yours with the little silver spikes on the end is my fav!:blink:

Number One
29th August 2008, 12:18
OK then that's the one I shall bring with....but I will have my old faithful too...maybe I can just spank myself with that one then :lol:

Trudes
29th August 2008, 12:21
AND this could be the reason why the numbers are dropping.... they're all afraid of us!!!:laugh:

Number One
29th August 2008, 12:36
They should be too!!! We are sooo much better in person :shutup:

Skunk
29th August 2008, 12:41
They should be too!!! We are sooo much better in person :shutup:
Duh, huh? Since when?

Number One
29th August 2008, 12:45
Since AAAAges ago :bleh:

Trudes
29th August 2008, 12:46
Oh I forgot about Nige.... then again he's used to us beating him.... and he's not really going to give us any trouble, he's "still running in his motor", just how long should we let him use that excuse do you think?

nudemetalz
29th August 2008, 12:47
Hmm,...Lady P still needs lots of "anti-chain throwing" repairs to get her ready for Sunday but confident should all be okay by then.

Can I get a lift please, Skunk ?
Mrs Nudddy is going ski-ing this weekend and taking the car.

Slingshot
29th August 2008, 12:48
Oh I forgot about Nige.... then again he's used to us beating him.... and he's not really going to give us any trouble, he's "still running in his motor", just how long should we let him use that excuse do you think?

He's offer me a go on the Silver Slug...I'll run it in for him :msn-wink:

Number One
29th August 2008, 12:48
As long as he needs...I like Nige...and I love that I can beat him at the slipway when there is no hope of ever being in front on the road :sunny:

Str8 Jacket
29th August 2008, 12:55
I might come a nd wave a flag around. If you pay me enough then I will promise not to black flag you...... :whistle:

Duke girl
29th August 2008, 14:38
Y dont the Bucket organisers put on an only female race then we can show the boys how its really done out there.:woohoo::first:

Str8 Jacket
29th August 2008, 14:46
Y dont the Bucket organisers put on an only female race then we can show the boys how its really done out there.:woohoo::first:

Hey now there's a good idea...... mwhahahahahahahaha ha! :devil2:

We should get Sherie to organise it.... :whistle:

Skunk
29th August 2008, 14:48
Time and entry numbers. At present it is split on experience/speed/fun lines.

Number One
29th August 2008, 15:17
Yeah your a few months late for that suggestion.

I did try to get a bitches and babes on buckets thing going but only 3 of us hardened bitches actually followed through and showed up...so we have a B grade anyway - I know where you are coming from...Miss ex REAL racing lady...bring it :lol:

Seriously though - look forward to making your acquaintance on Sunday :niceone:

Slingshot
29th August 2008, 19:18

No need...the tracks the equalizer. The the girls beat the boys most of the time anyway.

all4A50s
30th August 2008, 05:49
to "have a go" it is only $10.. is that still right, skunk???

must see if i can get my bucket going and let someone special out on it...

no i cannot race, but at least if it is going someone can take it for a hoon!..

I may have someone with me who'd bee keen to take up your offer.

Nasty
30th August 2008, 06:47

That was going to happen this year ... "bitches on buckets" .... but then it didn't ... not really enough girls .. and also some boys were not ready for the A grade race either .... so there is A and then B and girls and boys race either :)

ajturbo
30th August 2008, 06:55

show us ya.....[SIZE=1titsSIZE] and you can ride free.. i am sure:buggerd:

I may have someone with me who'd bee keen to take up your offer.

just got to find the electrical fault:Pokey:

rustys
30th August 2008, 10:45
[QUOTE=ajturbo;1709374]show us ya.....
[SIZE=1titsSIZE] and you can ride free.. i am sure:buggerd:

GEEE':Z...... AJ... DON'T sudjest that she might take you up on that deal !!!!!:devil2:

nudemetalz
30th August 2008, 15:41
HELLLLLLLLLPP !!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Just putting Lady Penelope and discovered that after the 2 chain tosses she did last meeting, the chain is now twisted and a couple of the links are broken.
My stupid fault for not checking it's condition !! :angry2:

Anyone have a spare 428 chain approx 115 links so I can get her out tomorrow on the track?

edit - Sorted now thanks to the generosity of Slingshot :)

Slingshot
30th August 2008, 18:32
edit - Sorted now thanks to the generosity of Slingshot :)

Did you manage to fit it alright?

nudemetalz
30th August 2008, 19:10
Yup no worries, thanks.
Great what an angle grinder can do ;)

Number One
31st August 2008, 20:10
Good times good times! Great day, great weather, smell of onions on the air and the break through in clutch use on the RG (so long as you don't run out of petrol you go real real fast and carry more revs and have heaps of fun) then jumped on the Sled, which by this time felt like absolute luxury...however - the gear lever turned 360 and into the pits I went. No points but lots of passing and STILL good times, good times...till next time yal :niceone:

Kendog
31st August 2008, 20:44
Good day for me also.
I was starting to get more head turing going on, so slightly better corner speed.

The part I enjoyed the most was the starts, good fun off the line :chase:

Trudes
31st August 2008, 20:55
Yeah bro, you were getting pretty quick out there, and a good launch! I wanna see some wheelies next time!:woohoo::wari:

nudemetalz
31st August 2008, 21:57
I've had an okay day today.
Bike hadn't gone as well as I wanted it to, plus I had my "physical moment" earlier on, which I'd like to thank all of those people (including Number One's hug :first:) who helped me and came over seeing if I was okay.

Still, it went well, I also had fun being a flag marshall too which was cool.

At the next meeting, Mudboy is cooking steak, eggs, onions, tomatoes, the whole lot on the BBQ !!!! :Punk:

Buckets4Me
1st September 2008, 07:09
You guys sound like a bunch of puffs
have cooked foor at the track
next it will be those fancy Coffie thing we get up here
and a car wash for the Rav4 :clap:

Number One
1st September 2008, 07:15
ooo a steak sammie with onions and egg - now that would be the shizzle fo ma nizzle!!!!

Str8 Jacket
1st September 2008, 08:00
You guys sound like a bunch of puffs

That's Cheesy Poof's to you Cracker! :rolleyes:

Skunk
1st September 2008, 09:41
Disappointing day for me. AX1R breaking the chamber before the first points race.
Then the ZX1R starting and running right up to the point of going onto the track. Never to start again.

Bum.

Duke girl
1st September 2008, 09:47
Well I can finally say that I have had a go at Bucket Racing and it sure was heaps of fun out there, just wished there were more out there with me to make it a little more exciting. Never the less it felt great to be finally back in the riders seat and to be back out there after spending the last 20yrs away from it. Hopefully with time I will find myself getting better and better every meeting I go to and then when the time is right I can then compete in the next class up which will be awesome. I look forward to the next meeting later on this month so in the meantime I will just keep riding the Ninja on the roads most weekends when the weather is kind to us like it was yesterday.

F5 Dave
1st September 2008, 09:53
Well nice to have a day with good weather all day.

The poor Kawasaki’s gear lever broke before I even got started so best I fix that for Taumarunui.

The RG ran ok & there were some good races. Sadly all the ones I won weren’t points races. Not that that matters, I’ve missed enough races in the last few years not to feature in the club scene.

No.1 that avatar censor is off again. Not work safe!

Number One
1st September 2008, 19:50
No.1 that avatar censor is off again. Not work safe!
It's just a bum man! But yes I will fix that for you NOW..anyway you should be blardy working NOT KBing :lol:

Number One
1st September 2008, 19:58
Anyone get any pics?

all4A50s
1st September 2008, 23:13
What a hell of a good day. It was nice to be out every chance, not smelling like I've been stuck in petrol tanker cleaning out carbs. Still Wanizame has a lot more work to be done to bring her up to her potential:banana:. I'm halfway through editing the footage I filmed and with any luck will have it ready by the end of the week. If anyone wants a copy bring a memory stick to the next meet and I'll give you a copy. I filmed the last races going clockwise then the beginnings of going the other way. Some good footage of the falls in the last grade B clockwise race.

Trudes
2nd September 2008, 07:04
Aha!!!! Evidence.... (I hope), maybe the mystery's will be solved (or we will all be proved as stink riders!! :lol:) Looking forward to seeing the vids all4A50s!!

Number One
2nd September 2008, 07:25
My take is that if Fishy says someone is dangerous then that's a damn good endorsement I think of what we are thinking regarding our retard motard mate...

F5 Dave
2nd September 2008, 09:20
Thanks, yeah I know but it's where my computer lives.:whistle:

In defence that isn't really a motard bike, it's pitbike.

But yes when I was somehow out in an all-in race he almost took me out several times & was running straight over the tire sides that was spitting them out onto the track so then people were deciding whether to follow the new layout or the old one or cut in the inside. Was getting messy. It is such a skinny track it can get dangerous out there.

[edit], oh apparently there was a motard out with you guys at some stage, didn't see that.

Number One
2nd September 2008, 17:03
[edit], oh apparently there was a motard out with you guys at some stage, didn't see that.
Maybe you saw me almost slap him? And yes it were an effing 400c motard

F5 Dave
3rd September 2008, 10:06
Probably too busy naval gazing or checking out Tim's YZ490 (object of childhood desire, despite the fact I'd never want to ride one (in the dirt at least).

His had an in-build safety mode it would appear. Quite neat, it senses it's about to hurt someone & then shuts down for the day.:blink:

nudemetalz
3rd September 2008, 10:14
Yeah I was so looking forward to watching that 490 careering out of control around the Slipway too !!! :2thumbsup

xr-rider
3rd September 2008, 16:16
Thanks, yeah I know but it's where my computer lives.:whistle:

In defence that isn't really a motard bike, it's pitbike.

But yes when I was somehow out in an all-in race he almost took me out several times & was running straight over the tire sides that was spitting them out onto the track so then people were deciding whether to follow the new layout or the old one or cut in the inside. Was getting messy. It is such a skinny track it can get dangerous out there.

he was making very dangerous passing moves and how does a 450 fit into buckets

F5 Dave
3rd September 2008, 17:28
I think the issue was Bayden was a bit lax & you just need to collar him at next meeting & say that you don't want Motards out with buckets. He will be fine with that & just make sure he says something at the briefing. Here - I'll email him to that.

all4A50s
5th September 2008, 00:22
Aha!!!! Evidence.... (I hope), maybe the mystery's will be solved (or we will all be proved as stink riders!! :lol:) Looking forward to seeing the vids all4A50s!!
I've watched the accident a couple of times and inspected the remnants of his tyre on my leather's leg. He seems to have taken the wrong line out of the corner and ended up coming off after his front wheel got caught on my right foot peg. This led to him going one way, his bike another and a few (too many) crashes from people trying to avoid hitting him.:angry2:

Number One
5th September 2008, 00:24
This led to him going one way, his bike another and a few (too many) crashes from people trying to avoid hitting him.:angry2:
Yes indeed :angry:

Did you happen to catch the moment when my hand almost accidently purposely made contact with his helmet?

all4A50s
7th September 2008, 23:01
Yes indeed :angry:

Did you happen to catch the moment when my hand almost accidently purposely made contact with his helmet?

i am trying (rather unsuccessfully) to upload onto you tube the crash for all to see. I also have vids of 31/08/08 some of the racing Class A, B, C & motard. If anyone wants a copy bring a memory stick and I'll run off a copy for them next race meet.

By the way when are the points going to be put up, and do you still get points if your lapped?

all4A50s
8th September 2008, 06:21
Finally loaded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ME721PR5g

Trudes
8th September 2008, 09:23
Classic, thanks All4A50s!!!:niceone:
Just shows what a toss pot that twit on the tard was! I missed all that action as I was already down the other end....:crybaby:

Trudes
10th September 2008, 09:52
I see some points are up..... A grade looks about right.... B grade not so much.... not that I'm complaining though!! :lol:

quallman1234
10th September 2008, 15:13
Good reaction from bayden, that was wicked at low speed.

Skunk
10th September 2008, 16:09
I see some points are up..... A grade looks about right.... B grade not so much.... not that I'm complaining though!! :lol:
A grade does not look great.

MIXONE
10th September 2008, 16:15
Finally loaded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ME721PR5g

Hey I'm famous.That's me sitting on the tyres beside fishies? bike.Well my elbow at least.:rolleyes:

F5 Dave
10th September 2008, 16:17
If he ever gets my name right it will be a miracle.

Lately I seem to have been winning the races in between the points ones but not faring so well when it matters.

Trudes
10th September 2008, 18:35
A grade does not look great.

Never said it did, you guys suck.